Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPQR Blues Webcomic
I don't remember if I've posted this before (searching didn't turn up anything?)

But anyway, there is a terrfic Webcomic called "SPQR Blues", the drawing style is great and the storyline, characters are quite intriguing.

http://spqrblues.comicgenesis.com/

Some of the authenticity I'm sure can be argued, but I think the artist/author has done what she can to make it all flow together, and she has done her homework.

Enjoy!

also, comicgenesis has a vast collection of some great webcomics. My brother has one too, "Alternate Delusions".
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Hey this is good! Or maybe I am just sad, I read the whole thing...... Confusedhock:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
It's great..... :lol: :lol:
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
I was hooked. It took me all morning (while at work! :oops: ) but I HAD TO read the whole thing from beginning to end!

When will Felix learn that his wife and adopted son are actually still alive? Confusedhock:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hey, I missed that! Where was that bit?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Well, they found Domitian's red-haired ex-slave, who was also supposedly on board of that ship, right? He was 'found in the East'(they set sail from Judaea).

So what of the other passengers?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
How did I miss all of this? I went through it page by page...... :?
Mind you, it was the wee hours of the morning.....good excuse to go through it again! :roll:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Some of the authenticity I'm sure can be argued, but I think the artist/author has done what she can to make it all flow together, and she has done her homework.

Thanks for posting this, I thought it was excellent! And you're right, she did do her homework.
K.E.McElligott

"I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know." - M.Tullius Cicero
Quote:Well, they found Domitian's red-haired ex-slave, who was also supposedly on board of that ship, right? He was 'found in the East'(they set sail from Judaea).
So what of the other passengers?

Told ya! Big Grin

Today's comic:
[Image: 20070502.png]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
The writer picked a bad time to start a new job - it's in the middle of a suspenseful moment when we want to see what happens next. Cry
[size=84:2ykzgt0v]Yes, Alas - I really am that pale...[/size]
SPVRIVS
[size=75:2ykzgt0v]aka Sean Foster[/size]
Time to warm this one up again. After a long break, the writer (Klio) is finally getting to the end - Vesuvius is erupting!

http://spqrblues.com/IV/?p=1375
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Ahhh, started up again! I had lost track of this...
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Good. I'd followed the story, through all its quirky paths, but it did seem just to stop, right at the climactic moment.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
We can quibble about details, but she's certainly accomplished a lot.

Fun read, too. :wink:
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea
yes, that's true, Ron. I would buy one if it were available as a comic/illustrated book. Fun stuff, and high time someone with talent with a pen did something cool and Roman. It's been a long time since Asterix...which was funny, but not a cool as SPQR
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Wall Blues Viventius 4 1,960 03-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Salvianus