RomanArmyTalk
Soreen malt loaf - try this - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Soreen malt loaf - try this (/showthread.php?tid=7938)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Soreen malt loaf - try this - Virilis - 01-04-2007

Any friends of SALMIAK!? I mean salted licorice. If you don`t like it you are not a REAL MAN :wink: !!!

Re: Soreen malt loaf - try this - TITVS SABATINVS AQVILIVS - 01-04-2007

Yeah Paul, are you from Switzerland? I remember well the Sprüngli building in Paradeplatz, Zurich... Big Grin

Re: Soreen malt loaf - try this - Primvs Pavlvs - 01-04-2007

Quote:Yeah Paul, are you from Switzerland? I remember well the Sprüngli building in Paradeplatz, Zurich... Big Grin

No sir I live in the US, however my wife is from Zurich!

I know the exact place you are speaking of! Confusedhock: ummmmmm Sprüngli Have you ever eaten at the Zeughaus close to there?

Loads of times! Fine place, I remember that flak (20 mm?) gun above the entrance. My preferred course was the nr. 56...

Small world! The Zeughaus has fantastic food. My basement reminds me of the Zeughaus [Image: P1010758.jpg]

Re: Soreen malt loaf - try this - Tarbicus - 01-04-2007

Quote:Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

Tarbicus. Now you make spam too? :lol:

I've only posted 3 times my own thread! It's been hijacked by the uninitiated who are wittering on about Charlton Heston films, nougat, and Switzerland Confusedhock:

:wink:

And basements...Confusedhock: Wow!

Jim its what happens when you bring sugar into a conversation. Dont you know we are all like children now on a sugar high :wink:

Re: Soreen malt loaf - try this - mcbishop - 01-04-2007

Quote:I don't know if this is available outside of the UK: Soreen malt loaf (yum yum).

Universally known as Squidge by everybody I knew at Sheffield. Truly the food of the gods...

Mike Bishop

Re: Soreen malt loaf - try this - Kate Gilliver - 01-04-2007

Quote:Universally known as Squidge by everybody I knew at Sheffield. Truly the food of the gods...

Mike Bishop

Yeah, but I hope you didn't toast it. I still can't get over that.

Re: Soreen malt loaf - try this - Tarbicus - 01-04-2007

And it comes pre-sliced now! No more flattened fingers of Soreen (I wonder if that's why it was called Squidge?).

Go on Kate, or get one of your students to do it first if you're so repulsed by the idea.

Re: Soreen malt loaf - try this - Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs - 01-04-2007

Tarbicus,It sounds great and since I've never tried it, toasted sounds good, too. Come on,you know what a food thread does to this bunch!

Titus/Daniele- That looks like what in Germany is called Toblerone commercially.Tasty indeed!

Paulus-are those Roman boom sticks there?(sorry,Tarby,for the bump.)

[Image: asterix2.jpg]

Re: Soreen malt loaf - try this - Marcus Mummius - 01-04-2007

Quote:That looks like what in Germany is called Toblerone commercially.Tasty indeed!

Doesn't have toblerone chocolate in it?

Re: Soreen malt loaf - try this - mcbishop - 01-04-2007

Quote:Yeah, but I hope you didn't toast it. I still can't get over that.

I must confess I have indeed had it toasted but didn't rate it. I was more concerned with perfecting a system for cutting it so that it didn't... squidge. Looks like Jim's pre-sliced version is the answer.

Mike Bishop