RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Methos - 02-23-2008

Thank you kindly for the warm welcome Senovara and Q. Praetextatvs!! Smile

Re: New recruits - vergilius - 02-25-2008

welcome javier and niels
Great picture ! Do you look so serieusly all the time?

Re: New recruits - Methos - 02-25-2008

Thank ya kindly for the welcome Vergilius!! Smile

Re: New recruits - ouragos - 03-05-2008

I just thought I would also say hello. I have watched the posting on RAT for a while but have, sofar, not become involved in a more 'overt' way. Following the setting up of a working group for kit I was invited in and so I suppose I had better make the most of it!

My field is Greek though, not Roman. I am one of the initial members of the Hoplite Association in the UK and have been, since its inception, a member of the Association exec.

Re: New recruits - Senovara - 03-05-2008

Welcome to RAT Andy! You will find a very big Greek section here, so I think you will be right at home. :wink:

Re: New recruits - maius - 03-05-2008

Hi Andy, welcome to RAT! Smile

Maius/Bill

Re: New recruits - Gaius Julius Caesar - 03-05-2008

Hi Andy, welcome to RAT. Were you at Lunt last september when the RMRS were there by any chance?

Re: New recruits - Tertius_Ulpius_Martinus - 03-05-2008

Salvete,

I recently joined Legio V Alaudae, a re-enactment group in Belgium ([url:kbu6v793]http://www.alaudae.eu/[/url] also in English), and looking for some additional information on equipment, I stumbled upon this forum.

For now, I'll mostly be reading here, but once I gather some experience of my own, I'll be happy to share it with you.

Bene vale,

Martijn Körvers / Tertius Ulpius Martinus

Re: New recruits - Marcus Mummius - 03-05-2008

Welcome all.

Nice to see yet another Belgian here on RAT. Even if he's not part of the right legion :wink:

I'm sure we'll meet in the flesh on the field of battle somewhere next season.

Vale,

Re: New recruits - Lucius Poblius - 03-07-2008

Welcome to the site Martijn! There is quite a lot of useful info on here so having a good rummage through all the old threads is definitely a good idea!

Vale!

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 03-07-2008

Welcome to all recent recruits Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Octavianvs - 03-07-2008

Welcome to all recent recruits Big Grin

Re: New recruits - ouragos - 03-08-2008

Many thanks for all the kind wishes of welcome.

Lunt - no, you are probably thinking of Scott who has his 'Coventry Spartan' group there. Scott is one of ours and a couple of his members are about to take dual membership with a prospect of improving their kit - and as they are there a lot it was probably them. Four of our people are in RMRS as well though, so if you are thinking 'inside' RMRS it could have been those you were thinking of?

I have limited time for reenactment so just do the one group - and as I am pretty involved in running it as well it eats up free time. Oh for the chance just to turn up somewhere and be told what to do!!

Re: New recruits - Latinitas - 03-08-2008

Quote:welcome javier and niels
Great picture ! Do you look so serieusly all the time?

Thanks, I look serious most of the time Smile D

Re: New recruits - Aethelfrith - 03-08-2008

Hi, I am Aethelfrith from Northumbria. My main interests are the late Roman period and early medieval period. My main interests are Germanic cultures and to a slightly lesser extent Celtic cultures.

Non-forum related hobbies include psychology (my main avocation), Eastern religions, politics and international harmony (without destroying cultures.

Sadly Germanicism is equated with racism in todays society so I must point out that whilst I am proud of my Germanic heritage and think that England disrespects it too much, I am not racist (I would love a Japanese girl if I was)and do not believe in genetics; I also do not believe in the concept of races.