RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Triarius - 03-13-2008

Quote:Oh you do, you do.. You see, you live where they live: "over the hills and far away"! Big Grin
(the second line is "teletubbies come to play")
Haven't you noticed a strange dome on a lawn somewhere, probably next door to the Led Zeppelin villa? :lol:

Wot's a barnoid?

Oh, those things… They're still slightly "hot" craters, now. Caused me no end of grief with the EPA and the NRC…

Besides, I'm over much higher hills and much farther away—faaarr oout, as we used to say back in the '60s…

And I've no notion of what a "barnoid" is. Perhaps a British thing, something barn-like? out of which one drinks Sheep Dip? :lol:

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 03-13-2008

Quote:And I've no notion of what a "barnoid" is. Perhaps a British thing, something barn-like? out of which one drinks Sheep Dip? :lol:
No? You mentioned "smurfs and barnoids". Smurfs I know, barnoids were new to me. :wink:

Re: New recruits - Triarius - 03-13-2008

Quote:
Triarius:35oqlj09 Wrote:And I've no notion of what a "barnoid" is. Perhaps a British thing, something barn-like? out of which one drinks Sheep Dip? :lol:
No? You mentioned "smurfs and barnoids". Smurfs I know, barnoids were new to me. :wink:

:oops: ROTFLMHO-might as well, I don't seem to be using it, otherwise. Sorry, forgot or missed that, taken out of context. (Good gods, am I getting senile already?) :roll: Barney-oids, the nauseating purple thing of vaguely dinosaurish shape, or any similarly disgusting…THING. :barf:

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 03-13-2008

Ooo as in Barney?! You had me lost there too Big Grin

You should see the new generation on the BBC.. there's Iggle Piggle, Upsy Daisy, Maka Paka, the Tombliboos and a Ninky Nonk. Like a line in 1950s racial slurs.

Just never mistakenly watch the Tweenies. They provoke sadistically violent thoughts in me :?

I might try this rubber mallet you speak of...

Re: New recruits - Memmia - 03-13-2008

Quote:Ooo as in Barney?! You had me lost there too Big Grin

You should see the new generation on the BBC.. there's Iggle Piggle, Upsy Daisy, Maka Paka, the Tombliboos and a Ninky Nonk. Like a line in 1950s racial slurs.

Just never mistakenly watch the Tweenies. They provoke sadistically violent thoughts in me :?

That 'In the Night Garden' is just bizarre. My son loves it so I'm unsure whether it's just something babies can understand, or gripe water now contains hallucinogens.
Why do the tombliboos trousers keep falling down ? :?

Anyhow, I like Mr Tumble :lol:

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 03-14-2008

Quote:
Libitina:3a1w554k Wrote:Ooo as in Barney?! You had me lost there too Big Grin

That 'In the Night Garden' is just bizarre. My son loves it so I'm unsure whether it's just something babies can understand, or gripe water now contains hallucinogens.
Why do the tombliboos trousers keep falling down ? :?

Anyhow, I like Mr Tumble :lol:

Haha that's fab. All kids TV presenters are dodgy in some way or other! The guy off Storymakers/Red Dwarf went at the refuse collectors with a samarai sword, Big Cook Little Cook do naughty stand up, the arty guy was in trouble for potentially killing his girlfriend Confusedhock:

Re: New recruits - Gaius Julius Caesar - 03-16-2008

Just the mentality you want influencing the kids.... :roll:
Perhaps when Charles Manson gets out, he can start a new life as a CBBC presenter.... :? shock:

Re: New recruits - LtBerglund - 03-16-2008

Salve civis!
First time here. I have a passionate interest for history in general, and roman history in specific. My hobby is ancient warfare and my occupation is modern warfare. I would like to learn about constructing roman infantry equipment. I own a horse, but i'm a beginner when it comes to riding.
I have tried to combine university studies of ancient history with a full time job. Didn't quite work out that well.
I am always looking to learn more, and hopefully make friends that share my interest.

Lt D.Berglund

Re: New recruits - Triarius - 03-17-2008

Welcome, LT!

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 03-17-2008

Welcome to the boards Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Senovara - 03-18-2008

Welcome to RAT Lt! Smile

Also new here! - Hodekin - 03-20-2008

Greetings,

My name is Ken, I am an OLD re-enactor (too much blood loss, broken bones and hard knocks to the head to carry on nowadays)!

My main interest is Arthurian/Late Roman, particularly the enigma of Cunedda.

I was recommended to this site by Robert from the Vortigern Studies site.

I do hope to be able to contribute to discussions from time to time.

Hodekin....(Ken)

New member - Davidus77 - 03-20-2008

Hi All

Just joined up, having stumbled across the site one day by chance. These days I work in museums, sadly in an area where there is little or no Roman military equipment, though we did have a nice find of some Iron Age swords/spears recently. Did my Ph.D on Roman weapons in Britain and still like to keep up with publications in the field. Looking forward to talking to others with smilar interests.

Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Senovara - 03-20-2008

Smile A big welcome to RAT, Ken and Davidus77!

One thing Davidus77, please put your real name in your signature - tis a forum rule! :wink:

Re: New recruits - Thomas - 03-20-2008

Hi,
my name is Thomas and I am from Czech Republic.
I am interested in history of Roman empire ( that is why I am here :lol: )
But at first I have to tell you that my english isn't very well.( so sorry for some mistakes :? )
I should have learn it better :oops: .