RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - maius - 04-01-2008

Hi Chris, good to see you here, welcome! Smile

Had a great weekend, glad you Greg and Joel were able to make it to Astoria.

It won't be long now before were ready to get started!

Maius/Bill

Re: New recruits - Marcous Drallious - 04-02-2008

it is good to see someone else who lives in the states. By the way is there any groups in the US who reenact the roman legions???

Re: New recruits - Aetius Helvius Merula - 04-02-2008

Hey Chris! Welcome aboard! Can't wait till the 4 of us do a march, or battle drill, or a camp.

Kyle, there are quite a few groups in the US. What part do you live in?

Re: New recruits - Decimus Claudius Drusus - 04-02-2008

Hey, Im Travis Satterfield. From Florida. I am a student at USF. I will be studying Roman History for my Bachelors. I am eager to put together a solid accurate Legionary Kit and hope to do some Re-enacting in the near future, just trying to find a legion nearby to get involved with. Just doing a lot of research and eventually lead me here.

Travis

Re: New recruits - Marcous Drallious - 04-02-2008

I live on the east coast in Pennsylvania. Is there any groups near there???

Penn and Philadelphia - richsc - 04-03-2008

Yes, several, of which George Metz's Legio XXIV springs immediately to mind. Even our Legio XX has members in the Phila area.

Check the Legio XX Group page for more leads.

Re: New recruits - Marcous Drallious - 04-03-2008

okay thank you.

Georg here, too - Andradir - 04-04-2008

Greetings to all!
I came to this forum because I googled someone who wrote in my guestbook Big Grin You know, there is so much SPAM that I wasn't quite sure if that was fake.
No, it wasn't, I came to this site, did some reading and so I'm here.

I'm interested in historical and fantasy reenacting. My periods are middle ages (14th century) and Hallstatt C/D, additionally I like Robert Howard's Hyborian Age - and living near the Roman museum in Haltern, Germany, I've been interested in Roman reenactment for years but never really started this. Main reason: there doesn't seem to be a group in the neighbourhood.

Okay, now I've got lots of reading to do in this forum.

Re: New recruits - Decius - 04-04-2008

welcome!

Re: New recruits - maius - 04-04-2008

Hi Georg, welcome to the RAT forum!

Maius/Bill

Waving the Flag - Q. Epidicus Andronicus - 04-05-2008

Greetings.

My name is Clayton Woods. I've been doing hobby research into roman culture and history for quite some time now and recently my hobby has crossed winds with my profession. Last year I came to work at the Albion Swords blade shop in New Glarus, Wisconsin. I have since that time become what we colloquially know as 'the roman guy'. Wink

Chances are if you've purchased a roman blade from Albion since September of 2007, it probably was in my hands at some time. I take the greatest pride in the word that I do and for the first time I have a job that I love to go to every morning. Smile

I like reading about re-enactment and when the time permits, I'm hoping that I'll get a chance to start working with some of the local groups.

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 04-06-2008

Welcome Clayton,

And.. be prepared for a LOT of questions regarding when the new generation of Roman swords will become available! Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Q. Epidicus Andronicus - 04-06-2008

Quote:Welcome Clayton,

And.. be prepared for a LOT of questions regarding when the new generation of Roman swords will become available! Big Grin

Yeah, I figured as much, but that's quite cool by me Smile

I'm just as excited as the rest of you for the new swords that are coming out. And, dont' worry, I'll be more than happy to pass along all the information about them that I'm allowed to. Smile

Re: New recruits - Dain II. - 04-06-2008

Hello my name is Stephan Eitler, I am from eastern austria and since 5 years I make steps in Living History. My interessts are the "barbarian" cultures of the territory beneth the middle and lower danube, the balkan, the northwest of black sea and northern italy in the time between 600 BC and AD 1000. From Boii, Skordiskians, Triballian, Getae and Agathyrsians to Byzantines, Bulgarians, Magyars and Rus-Slavs.

I've started reenactment of
a thracian Triballi, a scythean Agathyrsian and a Celt of early 4th century BC,
a celtic Boii, germanic Marcomanni and a Dacian of the second half of 1th century BC,
and a germanic Lombard around of the time of 530 AD, an Avar at the time around of 600 AD and a slavonic Moravian at 800 AD.

Slowley the equiqment is growing. My main interesst is the equiqent which is needed at a farm and for handcraft of a middle class men and, of course, weapons and armour 8) . All these Reenactment-Characters are settled in the area of eastern Austria, southeastern Czech Repuplik and western Slowakia and Hungaria without expecting the Thracian and the Scythian wich are settled in Serbia/Bulgaria and Romania/Ukraine beneth the danube.

I do this hobby alone ( Gentes Danubius ) and with friends like Glesum-Sippe, Legio XIII Gemina, Keltenstamm Alauni,
Hassia Celtica, GalliSaravi Blesique, Lentienser as I do with groups I am with, like Triballi Thrakoi, Boii Pannonia, PZLG and (as a flavor for helping with Triballi Thrakoi) as an 1th century Auxiliar from Cohors Montanorum with Exercitus Pannonia Superior.

Hope at interessting diskusions at this forum. Big Grin

Stephan
(sorry for my very bad english)

Re: New recruits - Invictus_Thrax - 04-07-2008

Greets all, i'm invictus or other call me hardwig. I'm from belgium and i'm currently busy starting up my own gladiator school. Currently i'm training my 3 trainers and we'll open up our door for gladiators in september.