RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Abenadero - 04-15-2008

Forgive my former introduction, my name is Ryan originally from Ireland, moved to Wisconsin about 5 years ago almost.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Re: New recruits - Decius - 04-15-2008

welcome zach and ryan, that is using a picture out of HBO's rome as his avatar. Smile

Re: New recruits - Abenadero - 04-15-2008

Quote:Welcome to the boards Zach and "25 year old man residing in Wisconsin" Big Grin
Quote:welcome zach and ryan, that is using a picture out of HBO's rome as his avatar. Smile

Good, I shall be known in several ways, it seems Smile

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 04-16-2008

Quote:
Libitina:1vr3wjgj Wrote:Welcome to the boards Zach and "25 year old man residing in Wisconsin" Big Grin
Quote:welcome zach and ryan, that is using a picture out of HBO's rome as his avatar. Smile

Good, I shall be known in several ways, it seems Smile

lol hello Ryan :lol:

Re: New recruits - Senovara - 04-16-2008

Hello and welcome to RAT Ryan! I'm very sure you will find a Re-enactment group in Wisconsin. Romans are everywhere nowadays. Wink

One thing, please add your real name to your signature - its' a forum rule! Thanks. Smile

Re: New recruits - Cheyenne - 04-16-2008

Hi All....

I'm new... I'm an Archaeologist and Late Roman Re-enactor with the Comitatus in the North of England...

I enjoy Late Roman Cavalry and ride sometimes with our Comitatus Cavalry troop

My archaeology is not Roman - I am primarily a prehistorian with an interest in Late Neolithic and the Early Bronze Age of the UK and North West Europe but I also have an academic interest in the Representation of Military Identities in Late 4th & early 5th Century Britain..

I also make Late Roman Tunics and do a spot of bonework when I have the time

Oh, and I also do Kendo & compose and produce music for documentaries, soundtracks etc...

Pleased to be here!

Claire

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 04-16-2008

Quote:Pleased to be here!
Glad to have you.

New Legionaire - Winter - 04-18-2008

Salve,

I am one of the newest additions to the 14th Legion GMV here in Wisconsin. I'm really looking forward to Roman reenactment.

I've been a true lover of history my whole life and I am currently attending the University of Wisconsin as an archaeology major. I have been studying ancient Rome and love this period.

I look forward to talking with everyone here.

Wale

Re: New recruits - maius - 04-18-2008

Hi Claire and Winter, welcome to the RAT forum! Smile

Maius/Bill

Re: New recruits - Winter - 04-18-2008

Claire,

I'm an archaeologist as well. I'm currently working Stateside while finishing my undergraduate degree. But I will hopefully be specializing in Ancient Rome. But you know how it is, sometimes you have to take what you can get when starting out. Smile

Re: New recruits - KaesoOtacillianus - 04-20-2008

Hi, all!

My name is Cristian and I am a Romanian doing a PhD in Classics and Ancient History in the UK. My thesis focuses on Hellenistic history, so from my point of view Romans are "the bad guys" and those cruel, vicious and hateful kings from the Greek East are the "good ones".

Anyway, I'm pleased to be here, among so many lovers of Ancient stuff (be that Roman or Greek :lol: ).

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 04-20-2008

More and more scholars! Welcome!

Re: New recruits - Senovara - 04-21-2008

Welcome to RAT Claire, Winter, and Cristian! Smile

Re: New recruits - Rodoric - 04-21-2008

Salve everybody

i'm Olivier from France
or
Rodoric for medieval period
Rudericus for late Roman period

I'm a re enactor of the HERCULIANI group (like Damianus) so i'm enteresting on the late period till proto byzantine and merovigian period

pleased to be with you on this forum

Vale

Re: New recruits - Winter - 04-21-2008

Salve!

Welcome Olivier and Cristian to RAT.

Wale