RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Renius - 05-10-2008

Welcome Damien and Julilla, nice to see another Washingtonian come aboard.

Re: Salvete - Salvianus - 05-11-2008

Quote: I've struggled to learn Latin as an adult and have been known to recite at events.
cura ut valeas!

salve iulilla opportune advenis

si vales gaudeo

Gratias Multas... - Julilla - 05-11-2008

... vir militaris! I ought to have added that I am particularly interested in the period from 375 to 450 and have found a great deal more of interest to be found in Late Antiquity than I'd assumed my passion for ancient Rome was ignited years ago!

Re: Gratias Multas... - Salvianus - 05-11-2008

Quote:I am particularly interested in the period from 375 to 450 and have found a great deal more of interest to be found in Late Antiquity than I'd assumed my passion for ancient Rome was ignited years ago!

gavisus sum audere

Bang on our focus dateline! Have a good browse around the Comitatus web site and tell me what needs improving Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Dan Diffendale - 05-12-2008

Welcome Julilla -- I remember you from Ancient Sites way back when!

Memory Lane - Julilla - 05-12-2008

Quote:Welcome Julilla -- I remember you from Ancient Sites way back when!

Hoo boy, and that's going back a ways! And I remember YOU too! Sure is nice to link up again to discuss matters historical! :o

Re: New recruits - Senovara - 05-13-2008

Welcome to RAT Steve, Damien, and Sara!

Damien, just a quick reminder to add your real name to your signature. Thank you! Wink

MARCVS VALERIVS LONGINVS BRITANNICVS ad signa! - M.V.L. Britannicus - 05-15-2008

saluete omnes,
I am Ben.
I am the Optio ad Spem Ordinis of the LEGIO XI CPF - COH VI - MAN I - CENT I part of the Gruppo Storico Romano, the group that some of you already know as is the group that organizes the ROMAE DIES NATALIS every year in the ethernal city.

My centuria is at your disposal...
Our dictus is VIS ET VIRTVS!

auete fretres

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 05-15-2008

Welcome to the boards Smile

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 05-15-2008

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the forum and don't forget to enter your real name into your signature. It's a forum rule.

Re: New recruits - maius - 05-15-2008

Greetings Ben, welcome to the RAT forums.

Maius/Bill

Re: New recruits - Senovara - 05-17-2008

Welcome to RAT Ben! Smile

Re: New recruits - Iagoba - 05-17-2008

Welcolme all! Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Kineas - 05-19-2008

Hello, I'm Chris Cameron. I'm mostly interested in Classical Greek reenacting--I'm working on the language, and have been for four years. I write novels set in this period and thought that reenactment would be a good way to improve my "lifestyle" knowledge.
I run a 50+ member unit in Rev War and quite a few of my folks have evinced interest in doing an ancient group. Many people told me this forum was a good place to start, and I can see why in just an hour of reading your content.
Wow!

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 05-19-2008

Welcome to RAT Chris.