RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 05-31-2008

I know can't I have a sense of humor?

Re: New recruits - Sage - 06-01-2008

well...looks like i picked to join at the right time Big Grin

so wussup people

Re: New recruits - maius - 06-02-2008

Yea...gets a little crazy here sometimes. Smile

Welcome to the RAT forum John.

Maius/Bill

Re: New recruits - Sage - 06-02-2008

thanks maius well, ive been lookn for a good forum to post in for a long time....looks like i finally found one that suits my interests

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 06-02-2008

Welcome to the boards John Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Sage - 06-02-2008

thank u ma'am

CENTVRIO - LEGIO X GEMINA PFD from ROME, ITALY - VALERIvS SEIANvS - 06-07-2008

SALVETE FRATRES,

my name's Giorgio Franchetti, scholar in archaeology at Viterbo's University and i'm the president of "S.P.Q.R." Association based in Rome, Italy. We re-enact gladiators, vestals, ancient dancers and, of course, Roman soldiers.
We cooperate often with some Archaeological Survey Offices in Italy to
re-enact Roman period shows in archaeological sites, and we have a scientifical committee with 2 archaeologysts and 1 anthropologyst.
We are re-enacting Roman soldiers since summer 2004 and so we are a brand new group, we don't want to teach anything to others and, in the contrary, we want to learn as much as we can from other groups, older, that have made a very long path along the street of re-enactment.
Our pics on the website are continuously updated as we improve our equipments day by day.
Most of the english part of our website is still under construction, but please, be patienced: we do our best to save time to translate.
We have some videos on the U-tube, under "LegioXgeminaPFD" name.
We are now involved in the construction of "tormenta", we have just made the "scorpio", which is perfectly working and you can see it on the U-tube or in our website (italian, by clicking the "progetto scorpio"), and we are projecting to build Roman tents in leather.
Actually we are 15 soldiers, and we are programming to arm other 7 soldiers withing 2008.

We'd love to stay in touch with other groups and share links, in the perfect
"concordia militum" so important for the Roman Empire that many Emperors depicted it on the reverse of many coins...

Giorgio Franchetti
LvCIvS VALERIvS SEIANvS
Centvrio - LEGIO X GEMINA PFD - ROME

Re: New recruits - Caius Fabius - 06-07-2008

welcome to the forums!

Re: New recruits - Centurio - 06-07-2008

Salve!
I am representing a young Roman military re-enactment group COHORS II MATTIACORUM EQUITATA, based in Moscow, Russia. Our group was founded in summer 2007 and at the moment it consists of 9 soldiers and 3 ladies. We are re-creating daily life of regular auxiliary soldiers in province of Moesia Inferior during the reign of Domitianus.

http://auxilia.ru/

[Image: x_b169a40a.jpg]

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 06-08-2008

Hello to everyone new and welcome aboard!

Re: New recruits - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 06-10-2008

Salvete Giorgio, Oleg,

welcome aboard.

@Oleg: I'm always impressed in which parts of the world Rome is present. Smile Moscow seems to be the northernmost Roman outpost so far.

Re: New recruits - Centurio - 06-11-2008

Tiberius Clodius Corvinus, thank you.
Moscow seems to be the easternmost Roman outpost. The northernmost is a group of our colleagues and friends LEGIO V MACEDONICA from Saint-Petersburg, Russia. They are also re-creating Roman soldiers in Moesia Inferior.

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 06-11-2008

Welcome Oleg Big Grin

Re: New recruits - maius - 06-11-2008

Welcome Giorgio and Oleg, great impressions!

Maius/Bill

Re: New recruits - Marcus Romanus - 06-11-2008

I'm a metro Detroit area historian (undergraduate) and _former_ SCAdian who has always had a love of Imperial Rome and its military.

I'm here as an occasional guest, seeking information and kit for personal satisfaction although if my work life (not history - other professional work) ever permits the time I may join a reenactor group of some kind.