RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 06-11-2008

Hello Marcus, and welcome to RAT!

New recruits - Fasta Ambrosius Longus - 06-13-2008

Just a quick hello from a newbie.I'm here for the research more than anything else. I'm a re-enactor in the UK covering mainly the late period of the Empire.I've popped before to open sections but by joining I can ask questions to things I've an interest in.Please be gentle. Big Grin

FAL

Re: New recruits - Senovara - 06-14-2008

Welcome to all the new recruits!

And remember, add your real name to your signature -- it's a forum rule!

~Moderator

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 06-14-2008

Hello Fasta.

Re: New recruits - le Cavalier Invisible - 06-14-2008

Hello to all!! Big Grin oops: :roll: :lol: :lol: ) :wink:

Greetz,

Did you really need all those smilies? :lol:

Re: New recruits - le Cavalier Invisible - 06-14-2008

Hm.. Well, that's what I needed to express my emotions at the moment I guess.. :roll: :lol: :wink: (Oops, did it again.. :wink: ) Anyway, back to topic.. :wink:

Greetz,

Re: New recruits - Noble - 06-14-2008

Hello, my name is Sebastian and I hail from Hannover in Germany.

My interest in Roman history stems from being a historical wargamer (tabletops mostly), researching mostly republican Rome over the last year.

What began in an intent of building up historically correct armies (well, more or less :wink: ) became a more general interest in not only military but also general history, and these days I spend more time over books than at the painting table.

I hope I came to the right place - though I am not a reenactor...

Thanks for listening Smile

Re: New recruits - brennivs - tony drake - 06-14-2008

Welcome to all and yes you are in the right place for information get involved and have fun enjoy Big Grin
Regards Brennivs Big Grin

Hello Sebastian Big Grin .

hi - starman - 06-15-2008

I'm a newbie here but have studied some aspects of Roman military history for some time.

Tim

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 06-15-2008

Hello, remember to add your real name to your signature, it's site rules.

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 06-16-2008

Welcome to the boards Fasta, Noble and Tim Big Grin

Greetings from NW Ohio - rogue_artist - 06-16-2008

Hello!

Ive actually been interested in ancient history for a while. I actually love anything history related, specifically design and reconstruction. Ive been a civil war re-enactor for almost 14 years, I used to do WWII, I now enjoy 15th century Germany and 16th century Japan. I have recently encountered a local Legion, Legio XXIV that I had the opportunity to speak with at Muster on the Maumee at fort Meigs in Perrysburgh Ohio this past weekend.

In all actuality, Im interested in bringing a Grecian Hoplite impression to light. Ive been putting things together here and there over the past several years. Unfortunately, Im a freelance illustrator and both money and time are nearly non-existant; so it take me a LOOONG time to get anything finished. The enthusiasm is there, its the availability of funds for hobbies and time to work on them that shoots me down.

In fact, the inability to afford ready-made items is what prompted me to begin researching and making things myself so many years ago. Ive become accomplished in creating soft-kit for various eras (clothing, uniform, etc) and have actually become a novice blacksmith and armoursmith.

Its been a little over two years since I began my path as a self-taught blacksmith and while I will not boast great ability, I can say with some amount of satisfaction that for being self-taught with limited access to proper tools and utilities, I have been getting much better.

While it does not show the full range of what I have made over the years (or even recently), the MK ARMOURY page of my 15th century Germany site: www.GothicGermany.org does illustrate a bit of what Ive made and am working on.

Anyway, I hope to get more involved in my attempts at making a Hoplite kit and Im hoping RAT here can help me out when I run into snags.

Kindest Regards,

Re: New recruits - Julilla - 06-16-2008

Jason, welcome. I bookmarked your Holy Roman Empire site to pass on to SCA amicae. Best of luck expanding your pool of knowledge, and I am sure we'll be looking forward to seeing samples of your new work.