RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - texascavtrooper - 07-27-2008

Greatings from Iraq to all who have chose to join our group!

Re: New recruits - Hibernicus - 07-27-2008

Welcome aboard Bryan

Juan I have some Spanish speakers in LEGIO IX. I can give you Scipio's email.... especially if you have questions

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 07-28-2008

Hello to anyone I missed.

Re: New recruits - Hastati - 07-28-2008

Thanks all for the wellcome, and thanks Hibernicus for the offer.
see you people in the forum Smile .

Salve to all - Aemilianus - 07-31-2008

Hello everybody,

My name is Jean-Luc Féraud. As you will guess I am French, originating close to Aix en Provence. I now live in Germania close to Augusta Treverorum.

I have been in reenactment for quite a numbers of years now, and decided last year to start a new group: LEGIO I ANTIQUA. We depict the republican legio from the third Punic war to the reform of Marius in 102 BC.

We are now 7 members in the group, but only 3 are equipped. All our equipment is made by AURIFICINA TREVERICA and ourselves. I owe them a great deal as far as support and research material is concerned, and I don’t think we could have made it this good without them. In fact all the republican material on their homepage was made for us, and they even made a few more not published yet.

We do not have an Internet site yet, but it should arrive within a few months.

I hope that I will find among you quite a bit of persons interested by this time period and is open to discuss it with you whenever I have time for it.

Vale

Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Octavianvs - 07-31-2008

Greetings and welcome to the Forum Aemilianus/Jean-Luc! We look forward to hearing from you and if youve any pics from your group you can post them in our <Show here your roman soldier impression> found in the reenactment and reconstruction section of the forum. Dont forget your signature, also when you get a chance take a look in the rules for posting section. There is a link in my signature that will take you right there. Enjoy and again Welcome ! Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Hastati - 07-31-2008

Ave

Wellcome Aemilianus! At your service.

Hello Octavianus - Aemilianus - 07-31-2008

Thank you for your welcome;
I read the rules of course, but what do you mean by don't forget your signature?

I will try to post pictures, right now I am preparing to go to Villa Borg tomorrow, were we will make a multi period presentation with my good friends from LEGIO XXII. I will then leave for 3 weeks to go back for vacations to the south of France. But I will try in the meantime to post a picture.

Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Octavianvs - 07-31-2008

yes I see I must have missed your signature, :oops: my apologies, the eyes are not that clear today, been up all night. Again welcome! Big Grin

picture post - Aemilianus - 08-01-2008

Hello Octavianus,

I hope you get a good night sleep... I folowed your advice and posted one picture in "Show here your roman soldier impression".

Mabe I will need your advice to post a little bigger image?

Take care Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 08-05-2008

Hello Jean-Luc.

Re: New recruits - Tormenta - 08-06-2008

Hello everyone,

my name is Miha and I came from tiny little village near Koper, Slovenia(5or 6 km from the italian border).
I'm enyoing my last student months.
My interest in the roman army came from couriosity, partly from the universty program and some from my part time job. In the last few years we we also try some reenacting with small festivals(usually late roman), if everthing goes ok our group will be visiting Nijmegen this month, like spectators.
Regards

Re: New recruits - Octavianvs - 08-07-2008

Greetings and Welcome Miha ! Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Aemilianus - 08-07-2008

Hello Miha, welcome among us.

I hope that you will post fotos of your achievements.

Vale
Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Octavianvs - 08-07-2008

Yes lets see a foto 8)