RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 08-07-2008

Hey there Miha.

Re: New recruits - Tormenta - 08-07-2008

Thanks all for the welcome and here some photos, sorry for the bad quality, that's all I have at the moment.

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 08-08-2008

Nice. I like the catapult.

New Guy here- - AP ATIUS LABEO - 08-08-2008

Hi My name is David Maxwell I am originally from Edison, New Jersey just outside NYC, I now live in Alexandria, Virginia.

I began my interest in all things Roman when I first saw Ben Hur as a young kid. I remember seeing the section in my fourth grade history book, "ROME-700BC to 476 AD" it showed a picture of the She-Wolf and barbarians breaking down a wall. After that all I wanted to do is read about Rome. I took Latin in High School 1988-1992, and later again at Rutgers University 1994-1997.

I am here because I want to learn more about my favorite hobby, I really enjoy Roman re-enacting. I often hear "on RAT they already discussed that", I want to be in on that.

I do re-enact, I joined up with Matt's XX Legion, and Rusty's VI legion Coh III ( Late Republican Period).

I am currently a student at American Military University and almost finished with a BA in Intelligence Studies. I work at the Chief of Naval Operations Office in the Metro DC area, I served 12 years in the Navy and am currently a reservist with the navy.

I hope I can contribute!

Re: New recruits - Octavianvs - 08-08-2008

Welcome David

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 08-09-2008

Hey David.

Re: New recruits - Flavius Aetius - 08-14-2008

Hi there,Im Jasson from Hillsboro,Oregon. I've been interested in Roman history for years,looks I will learn alot from RAT. I look forward to talking to everyone . Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Aemilianus - 08-14-2008

Welcome Jason I hope that you will find here what you are looking for.

Welcome also to David, Alexandria Virginia brings me back a long time ago as I lived there for a couple of years back in 1989... Gosh I am really getting old!

Vale
Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Octavianvs - 08-14-2008

greetings Jasson! Big Grin welcome to the list. you will find all sorts of wonderful people here with much information about Ancient Rome, you will also notice sections on the allies and enemies of rome and also the greeks. If youve a picture of your self in Kit you can show it in the Show your roman impression section. When you get a moment check the Rules for Posting. You will see a link in the bottome of my signature.

Re: New recruits - Octavianvs - 08-14-2008

David do you have a picture of your Republican kit? if so post it to the Show your roman impression section in the forum. Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 08-14-2008

Hello David.

dave..glad you\'re still here - richsc - 08-15-2008

Salve Dave! glad you're still here. Been following the RD stuff? Hope you're here for that.

Re: New recruits - Slade xTekno - 08-15-2008

Hi, I'm from Bakersfield, California, where I just joined an SCA household. My persona is Roman, so I'm here to try and flesh him out. I want him to be a scribe, secretary, or aide to a senator, and hope to find more information here.

Would I post in Ancient Civ Talk for help with my persona, and Re-Enactment and Reconstruction for help with garb?

Re: New recruits - AP ATIUS LABEO - 08-15-2008

Everyone-
Thanks for all the kind words of welcome.

I do have a pic of the Republican Kit. It is newer, and I am still working on it. My mail is butted, but it is what I could afford at the time. I am still trying to make my crest. Any ideas where to get the hair?

Thanks Richard. My orders to Afghanistan were canceled during the training phase of my deployment. I fill you in more later. I still have to catch up on my XX Legion news.

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 08-15-2008

Quote:Hi, I'm from Bakersfield, California, where I just joined an SCA household. My persona is Roman, so I'm here to try and flesh him out. I want him to be a scribe, secretary, or aide to a senator, and hope to find more information here.

Would I post in Ancient Civ Talk for help with my persona, and Re-Enactment and Reconstruction for help with garb?

Welcome to the boards.

Don't worry if you post something in the wrong place. The mods are all lovely and only give newbies a mild beating Big Grin