RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Julilla - 08-15-2008

Quote:Hi, I'm from Bakersfield, California, where I just joined an SCA household.
Would I post in Ancient Civ Talk for help with my persona, and Re-Enactment and Reconstruction for help with garb?

Greetings, Slade, and welcome! I play in the SCA and have a pretty well-developed Roman persona. If I can be of service advising you on garb, shoot me a PM and tell me which period you're interested in. I started out being quite fond of the second century, then settled on late antiquity (400-450 CE) after doing research.

Again, welcome!

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 08-16-2008

Hey Slade. Just out of curiosity, what is SCA?

Re: New recruits - Na Saighdiuir - 08-17-2008

Quote:
Slade xTekno:2hnyjia9 Wrote:Hi, I'm from Bakersfield, California, where I just joined an SCA household. My persona is Roman, so I'm here to try and flesh him out. I want him to be a scribe, secretary, or aide to a senator, and hope to find more information here.

Would I post in Ancient Civ Talk for help with my persona, and Re-Enactment and Reconstruction for help with garb?

Welcome to the boards.

Don't worry if you post something in the wrong place. The mods are all lovely and only give newbies a mild beating Big Grin

Well actually its a flogging followed by a day in the stocks!!

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 08-18-2008

*Laughs* Very funny :lol: .

Re: New recruits - le Cavalier Invisible - 08-18-2008

Welcome Slade!

John: SCA: Society for Creative Anachronism

Greetz,

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 08-18-2008

Ah. Sounds interesting.

Re: New recruits - Legionary Legate - 08-19-2008

hey, im from Plymouth in england, have always found the romans interesting from their culture to their military power

Re: New recruits - Octavianvs - 08-19-2008

welcome Slade and Legionary Legate, you will find either the information your needing here or the people who can help answer them for you. take time to go over the website and see all the differant topics and sections here. also check the rules for posting you will see a link in my signature. one thing we do need is you real name in your signature. again welcome to the forum and enjoy! Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Dutchhoplite - 08-19-2008

Hi,

My name is Jeroen Leeuwensteyn and i´m from Rotterdam, Holland.

I began my interest in Roman things when I first saw ''Fall of the Roman Empire'' as a very small Jeroen (and i thought Commodus was a much better character than that bore Livius).

I studied history in Roterdam and Dutch maritime history in Leiden. I never actually studied ancient history but just read a lot on the subject...

Why am i here?? Well that´s a good question...

Basicly I am here because I want to learn more about Roman, Greeks and their allies (or enemies) and follow some fine discussions Big Grin

Re: New recruits - le Cavalier Invisible - 08-19-2008

Welcome Jeroen! Big Grin
Good to have yet another Dutchie around! 8)
You're in good company here! :lol: :lol: 8)

Anyway, enjoy yourself! :wink:

Greetz,

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 08-20-2008

Hi Legionary & Jeroen. Good to have you here.

Re: New recruits - Na Saighdiuir - 08-20-2008

Quote:*Laughs* Very funny :lol: .

Im DEADLY serious about this!!!Anyway hello to all,ask questions and dont hide!!

Re: New recruits - Octavianvs - 08-21-2008

Jeroen welcome ! Big Grin you will find this a wonderful place to hang out and many differant discussions going on all the time. Enjoy yourself !

Re: New recruits - Octavianvs - 08-24-2008

Greetings to richj and welcome to the Roman Army Talk forum or RAT forum! Big Grin D

Re: New recruits - Octavianvs - 08-24-2008

Celtic Thunder welcome to the Roman Army Talk forum or RAT forum! You will find alot of information here so browse the site and feel free to ask questions. Also tell us a little about yourself !