RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

I\'ve lurked long enough. - Georgivs - 08-25-2008

Hello.

I have been interested in weapons and armor as far back as I can remember (yes, even as a young child). Over the last couple years, I've been a member of a few of the various online sword fora and have been interested in the Medieval and Renaissance eras, but I find my interests turning to earlier and earlier eras (clear back to the Bronze Age), and info at sites I already belong to is rather lacking in regard to pre-Dark Age subjects.

I ran across this site several weeks ago through a link at Matthew Amt's excellent Legio XX site and the amount of detailed knowledge here is staggering, to say the least. I've lurked and read, read and lurked, and then lurked and read some more. I've been hesitant to post, since I am not a re-enactor of any sort, just a guy with an intense interest in the munitions of the past, and also because anything prior to the Middle Ages is rather new to me at this point. I will likely continue to be rather low profile and do much more reading than posting, but I figured I'd at least give you guys a yell and let you know who I am and what I'm interested in. Smile

Re: New recruits - Julilla - 08-25-2008

Welcome, Scott! I believe you'll find a number of people on the site who share your interests. Enjoy!

Re: New recruits - Georgivs - 08-25-2008

Thank you kindly for the welcome. It is much appreciated. Smile

hi - Quintus Aurelius Lepidus - 08-27-2008

Hi

I'm QUintus Aurelius Lepidus, 25 years old and living in Geel in Flanders.

My interests are: ancient warfare, WWII & american civil war.

I'm a reenactor in the XI Legion of Flanders. I started in March.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

rgds

Re: hi - Marcus Mummius - 08-27-2008

Quote:Hi

rgds

Salve Yves,

Nice to see you here Smile . You have to put in your real name into your signature. You can do this in your profile. That's a rule on this forum.

vale,
Falco

Re: hi - Quintus Aurelius Lepidus - 08-27-2008

Quote:
Quintus Aurelius Lepidus:37hguq5u Wrote:Hi

rgds

Salve Yves,

Nice to see you here Smile . You have to put in your real name into your signature. You can do this in your profile. That's a rule on this forum.

vale,
Falco

Salve Jef

Tnx. I have changed it.

Vale,
Lepidus

Re: New recruits - Octavianvs - 08-27-2008

Lepidus/Yves - Big Grin D

Re: New recruits - alexlm - 08-28-2008

Hello all,
I've been registered for a while, but never introduced myself. I live in Huntsville, Alabama, USA and have been a member of Leg XI CPF in Atlanta for about a year now.
I'm mostly interested in reconstructing Roman and Greek equipment and have constructed most of a 1st century AD legionary kit. I'm working on a couple of other Roman projects and hope to make a hoplite panoply soon as well. I'm going to try to interact some more here on RAT in the future Smile

Re: New recruits - Jingle_Bombs - 08-29-2008

Morning, everyone.

I live in Kettering, Northamptonshire. I'm a student now attending College. I became interested in Ancient Rome ever since a re-enactment group visited my school and I got to be a Roman Auxiliary for the day Big Grin , I absolutely loved it, and since then I've been hooked. Hopefully some of you will recognise me as Jingle_Bombs from TWC, as I've recognised a few members from there already. I was referred to this site by a helpful member from there, and so here I am. Pleased to meet you all.

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 09-01-2008

Quote:Morning, everyone.

I live in Kettering, Northamptonshire. I'm a student now attending College. I became interested in Ancient Rome ever since a re-enactment group visited my school and I got to be a Roman Auxiliary for the day Big Grin , I absolutely loved it, and since then I've been hooked. Hopefully some of you will recognise me as Jingle_Bombs from TWC, as I've recognised a few members from there already. I was referred to this site by a helpful member from there, and so here I am. Pleased to meet you all.

Welcome to RAT Toby!

Re: New recruits - Thiadricus Saxonicus - 09-02-2008

Hi there!
I live in Muenster, where I study Prehistoric Archeology. I re-enact a late roman germanic foederatus and participate in a late medieval full contact fencing group.
I do reenactment and swordfighting for some years now as a hobby.
My special interest lies in late roman Military organisation and equipment and the cultural changes in late roman and migration period society.

Most of the information I need for my activities I can find in my Univeristy's library, as I mainly rely on the danish bog sacrifices.
Yet my course of studies is just loosely connected to the greater roman world and classic Antiquity. So I hope to find here some answers to quetions I'm struggling with.
I have been reading on this Forum for quite a while now and am astonished by the mass of information gathered and disussed by its participants. Big Grin

Being a late roman reenactor, I know that I can find many people I have been meeting at our international events on this Forum.
So, nice to meet you all
(including early romans and greeks and whoever else is active here!!!)

Re: New recruits - Morrighan - 09-02-2008

Hey all!

I'm from the Netherlands and I was always interested in Rome and how people lived at that time. And living in Nijmegen I guess you just can't ignore it Tongue
I'm especially interested in warfare and weapons and stuff. Also WOII and Medieval times

A few years ago I went to this Roman festival in Nijmegen. And this year it was held again and ofcourse I was there all day :mrgreen:
I loved the Ballista's, they're so cool. I also liked the shows of the Roman army and the gladiators(I think I saw them 3 times now Big Grin )
I have some pictures to share btw.

I'm not an reenactor, but I do dress up for the Elf Fantasy Fair, anyone here knows this festival? It's every year in the netherlands, Utrecht, Kasteel de Haar.
So maybe I reenact just a little bit, but I'm more like an elf or demon. Next year I wanna dress like a gladiatrix I think Big Grin

And why am I here? I guess to learn more about it all and to meet cool people.

So can I stay? Tongue

Greets,
Linda

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 09-02-2008

Welcome Till and Linda!

Quote:So maybe I reenact just a little bit, but I'm more like an elf or demon.

Sounds cool! I could get into demon reenacting :twisted: Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Gladiatus - 09-02-2008

Hey guys!

Im from the south of England. I'm 17 next tuesday and will be starting college next week too.

I am truely fascinated by Ancient Rome. To make matters worse my family went on Holiday to Italy in August and we spent a week in Rome and a week around Naples. That just fueled my fire!

I am studying Classical Civilisations and Archeology at college, along with History and Geography. I don't want to stop learning!

Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Morrighan - 09-02-2008

Thanks Libitina Big Grin

haha yeah demon reenacting can be fun as well :wink: