RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Lucius Rabirius - 09-02-2008

Hi Guys,

I´m from Bonn, Germany and 22 years old. I study Classical Archaeology, Ancient History and Praehistorical Archaeology in Bonn and I am interested in Rome and Greece since I was a child.
So now I try Reenactment and want to exchange a bit with this Forum.

I hope, we can have nice and interesting discussions here together and get new ideas and inspirations for us.

Kindly regards,
Lucius Rabirius

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 09-02-2008

...and further hellos to Chris and Lucius Big Grin

We've had a sudden influx, has somebody been recruiting? Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 09-02-2008

Hello all Big Grin

a big welcome to Yves, Toby, Till, Linda, Alex, Chris, Lucius ... and anyone I might have missed.

Re: New recruits - Morrighan - 09-03-2008

Thanks Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Thiadricus Saxonicus - 09-03-2008

Thanks to all!
The more, the better, Libitina Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Lucius Duccius Rufinus - 09-03-2008

Hi folks, im Just new to this website aswell, Im from Aberdeen Scotland, Im a 23 year old Software Developer. Ive been into Roman History for about 9 years now, LOVE IT!, so much stuff we dont know about people that founded so much of us!. Ive recently teamed up with two guys up in aberdeen to start a Contubernium of the Legio IX Hispana, 1st Cohort.

Think thats all! thanks Smile

Re: New recruits - Dogote - 09-03-2008

Hi everyone! i've just joined the forum a few days ago but have been busy.. too busy until now to introduce myself :?
- where are you from? North West Florida, in an unknown hilly river-carved area i call the Florida Highlands.... but to round it off to a specific well known place.. I'll say Tallahassee.

- how'd you become interested in Rome? To be perfectly honest when I was in high school I thought Rome, Egypt, and Greece were Booorrriiiinnnggg... I wanted to learn about specific things only but was too stupid to realise, at the time, that those empires played a major role in the other parts of history that interested me. I didnt realise this until I graduated high school and someone handed me a book called the Skystone(by Jack Whyte). I enrolled in college and I thought it was interesting how the novel I was reading was paralleling the chapters in my Western Civ book, which made it even more fun for me! I probably took more notes than any other students just so i could better understand the book, and when i came to a chapter in the book i didnt understand I would bug my professor for information (which he was all too willing to supply - his other students thought he was boring, but i adored him!)
Since then i've had a growing interest in all things Roman. Over the years it eventually snow-balled into me renting the series "Rome" as well as joining this forum.

- why are you here? Mostly to satisfy my inner artistic demons.... I was on a hunt for images of Roman armor and particular poses and posture for a personal art project. But I'm also here for the the simple fact that I have an interest in the history. I cant promise to contribute much in the way of information but I'll probably come up with some interesting questions that no one else could answer and would never find in "Google" searches.... i've lost contact with my old college history professor so this will have to do!

- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?
I am always a student. I dont re-enact but I love to go to places where people do re-enact historical events. Where I live we have a Scottish Highland Games/Celtic Festival every year and I've never missed an event. I would love to see them introduce more to the festival than the same old things. The Wild Highlanders are great, but their information is biased and typically focuses on William Wallace's era. I've learned all I can in that area.. I want to see them go further back in time.

Anyway Thank You for reading this. Like I said, i cant promise major activity in here, I just didnt want to get rooted out as a possible spammer. :oops:

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 09-03-2008

Quote:So can I stay? Tongue
But of course! Just mind your signature! :wink:

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 09-03-2008

Quote:Thanks to all!Big Grin
Na, Till, endlich!

After 870 days lurking, finally your first post! Tongue See you in about a week at Fort Vechten, I hope?

Re: New recruits - Morrighan - 09-03-2008

Quote:
Morrighan:3vjfd2zp Wrote:So can I stay? Tongue
But of course! Just mind your signature! :wink:

What signature? Tongue

Okay I have one now *I forgot :oops: *

Re: New recruits - Thiadricus Saxonicus - 09-04-2008

Ha! You know, I am a bit shy... it took it's time :oops:
And yes, I will be around, looking forward to see the tower again! Big Grin

Re: New recruits - le Cavalier Invisible - 09-04-2008

Welcome Till, I'll probably meet you at Fort Vechten too! :wink: Big Grin

Greetz,

Re: New recruits - jvrjenivs - 09-04-2008

Quote:A few years ago I went to this Roman festival in Nijmegen. And this year it was held again and ofcourse I was there all day :mrgreen:
I loved the Ballista's, they're so cool. I also liked the shows of the Roman army and the gladiators(I think I saw them 3 times now Big Grin )

Glad you liked the festival. It took a lot of time to let it happen, but it surely was worth all the effort. Hope to see you again at the romeinenfestival in Nijmegen in 2010.

Quote:I'm not an reenactor, but I do dress up for the Elf Fantasy Fair, anyone here knows this festival? It's every year in the netherlands, Utrecht, Kasteel de Haar.
So maybe I reenact just a little bit, but I'm more like an elf or demon. Next year I wanna dress like a gladiatrix I think Big Grin

Yeah, we surely need a Nijmegen based gladiatrix. Maybe we must get in contact about that one!

Ow, and after all, welcome on the board to all new members.

Re: New recruits - alexlm - 09-05-2008

Hi Dogote,
Quote:I've learned all I can in that area.. I want to see them go further back in time.
Legio XI puts on occasional events in Atlanta, not too far from the Florida "highlands". Our era is 1st century Roman--quite a bit further back in time.

Re: New recruits - Dogote - 09-05-2008

Quote:Hi Dogote,
Quote:I've learned all I can in that area.. I want to see them go further back in time.
Legio XI puts on occasional events in Atlanta, not too far from the Florida "highlands". Our era is 1st century Roman--quite a bit further back in time.
thanks
i'll have to find a way to keep track of when they do that, is there a website? i'm set to go to Stone Mountain for the highland festival this October (come hell or high water, i do plan to be there!)
i'm still new to this forum and havent quite got it all figured out yet :?