RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - alexlm - 09-05-2008

Gin,
Our events should be posted on the calendar at www.11thlegion.com . Our next one is near Atlanta, Oct. 10-12
I believe that there is also a category for events here on RAT.

Re: New recruits - Dogote - 09-05-2008

Thank you Alex Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Dextella - 09-07-2008

Hi, I am Dextella. I'm 17 (only).

- where are you from?
I am from Central Poland.
- how'd you become interested in Rome?
When I was really little child my father read me Greek and Roman Mythology.
- why are you here?
Because I am interested in Roman army and I want to know something new. I will be rather beholder than writer (another problem is my terribly English which I don't want to hurt every of you).
- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..
Student of grammar school.

Re: New recruits - richsc - 09-07-2008

Alex and Gin,

Quote: but I love to go to places where people do re-enact historical events.
I'll put a plug in for Legio XX's RomanDays Sept 26-28 at George Mason Univ!

Hello from newbie emerald trout - emerald_trout aka Sue - 09-07-2008

Hello list members,

An on-going Google search that I run brought RAT to my attention.

I live in Washington state in the Seattle area where I do research and writing on WWII in the Philippines. References are made in many military histories to the tactics used by the leaders of Ancient Armies. I am looking at the influence of the Roman Army tactics on WWII battles. ... and my focus is on 12 days of the war.

Roman/Ancient Armies: Dogs are my personal interest in this area.

Best Regards to All,
Sue

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 09-07-2008

Hi Katarzina, Sue and Gin,

Welcome to the forum.

Re: New recruits - Dogote - 09-08-2008

Quote:Alex and Gin,

Quote: but I love to go to places where people do re-enact historical events.
I'll put a plug in for Legio XX's RomanDays Sept 26-28 at George Mason Univ!

thanks for pointing this out to me. i am trying to come up with a way i can go, so far everyone is saying "this is way Last Minute, why not wait till next year?"

:evil: because i dont want to wait till next year! next year might be even more impossible to do anything! and i've never had good luck when i make plans for the distant future!

Re: New recruits - Morrighan - 09-09-2008

Quote:Glad you liked the festival. It took a lot of time to let it happen, but it surely was worth all the effort. Hope to see you again at the romeinenfestival in Nijmegen in 2010.

I'll be there! Big Grin wink:

Quote:Yeah, we surely need a Nijmegen based gladiatrix. Maybe we must get in contact about that one!

haha I'm in! Oh no wait,...first I have to learn how to fight like one Tongue lol:

Re: New recruits - Iagoba - 09-09-2008

Hi to all newcomers! Big Grin

Becoming gladiatrix is easy, the Cohors Prima Gallica girls tried recently... :lol:

[url:1b9b7unw]http://lh4.ggpht.com/IuliusCapito/SL4qtPG5z2I/AAAAAAAACZU/0Ge6j4XDiF4/s400/DSCN1516.JPG[/url]

Re: New recruits - Narukami - 09-09-2008

Greetings Emerald Trout aka Sue

Welcome to the Forum.

As you have already discovered we discuss a wide range of topics here beyond ancient Rome. Your background and work will certainly add to our discussions.

Please don't hesitate to dive in and swin around.

:wink:

Narukami

Re: New recruits - Morrighan - 09-10-2008

Quote:Hi to all newcomers! Big Grin

Becoming gladiatrix is easy, the Cohors Prima Gallica girls tried recently... :lol:

[url:2i3cvmds]http://lh4.ggpht.com/IuliusCapito/SL4qtPG5z2I/AAAAAAAACZU/0Ge6j4XDiF4/s400/DSCN1516.JPG[/url]

Thnx.
Oh cool heheh
I did some fencing, years ago...but that's a bit different... Tongue

Introducing Myself - Sapor - 09-11-2008

Hello to fellow site members. Basically I am here thanks to a long-standing interest in Sasanian Persia. It interests me that so little seems to be widely known about one of the two eyes of the world, that it is appropriate to start here in the other eye.

regards

Doug Melville
Canberra

My Introduction - ioannes sebald - 09-11-2008

Hi Everyone,my name is Iain Fenwick a.k.a Ioannes Sebald,i live in Hartlepool,England,i am 48+ and have been well into Living History for 22 years,i represent a Germanic War Leader c400c.e garrisoned with his followers at a Coastal Signal Station,i joined up as i love conversing with others who have the same fascination with Rome as i do (even though i am a Federate),look forward to hearing from you,as we say in the old country,Wassail.

Re: New recruits - Spartan198 - 09-12-2008

Hey, everyone.

I'm a self-taught history buff from California. While Rome isn't my favorite of classical civilizations (that honor has to go to the Greeks and the Spartans in particular), I've a lot of respect for them and their accomplishments.
My reason for being here is to expand my knowledge, plain and simple. I'm also part of a modification team that's creating a Rome: Total War-based mod centering on the Diadochi period, and I figured any resources and knowledge gained here could help me with my historian duties.

Well, that's me in a nutshell...or, rather, a testudo. Tongue

Re: New recruits - le Cavalier Invisible - 09-12-2008

Welcome Sapor, ioannes sebald, and Spartan198! Big Grin

(Don't forget to put your real name in your signature (to be found in your profile) Wink , if you don't know how, one of the mods will probably tell you! Wink )

Greetz,