RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Signal Stations - ioannes sebald - 09-17-2008

Well,here at Hartlepool the 12th Century church overlies part of the 7th Century monestry and it has been proposed that a Signal Station might have formed the early settlement site which later grew into it,perhaps somewhat like Whitby,both were connected to the Northumbrian Royal House through Abbess Hild,and Hello and Welcome to all New Recruits out there,i am certain you will enjoy meeting other members as much as i have,for now , Wassail.

Re: New recruits - Iagoba - 09-17-2008

Welcome to all! Big Grin

By the way, this is our page 100 of "new recruits" Confusedhock:

We should congratulate to be on that number and still growing! :wink:

Re: New recruits - Spartan198 - 09-17-2008

Welcome to RomanArmy.com, all new members. Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Octavianvs - 09-18-2008

Greetings and welcome Semper Fi ! Big Grin There are many Roman Groups throughout the southeast USA. Florida Georgia South Carolina Tennesse maryland to name a few. Where are you located?
You will see many differant sections here on this forum with alot of good information from all over the world!
One thing though if you could please put also your name in your signature it is one of forum rules. You will find a link to forum rules in my signature and also on the front page in the round table section.
Again welcome and enjoy the list :!:

Re: New recruits - fasta - 09-18-2008

2nd time around I hope the system doesn't do it again. :oops:

Re: New recruits - Octavianvs - 09-18-2008

Welcome Travis and Longus

Re: New recruits - Salvianus - 09-18-2008

Quote:2nd time around I hope the system doesn't do it again. :oops:

salve mi frater Big Grin

Re: New recruits - fasta - 09-18-2008

Quote:
fasta:wttl7h1z Wrote:2nd time around I hope the system doesn't do it again. :oops:

salve mi frater Big Grin

Salve !!!

Re: New recruits - YaRoma - 09-18-2008

Greetings and Good wishes to all.

I cannot begin to compliment this sites creators, and the member’s participation and topic comments. I do enjoy the diverse topics and links to other sources of information.
I do have a question. I was wondering if anyone knows of any current Roman groups or organizations that have or utilize challenge coins? I have found one with a legion heavy infantryman, but it was of religious nature.

New member - Sextus Octavius Felix - 09-20-2008

Greetings all.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself.

I have been a life long Roman History buff, now old and wise enough to get on board with "living" more of my Roman dream than just thinking about it. Married, Father of 1, 38yrs old. Arkansas born and raised.

Not a member of any Legion just yet but am starting to "Kit" up for that. Seems we have a local Legion here in Arkansas, The Legio II Augusta who I will be contacting shortly to inquire about membership.

Great to be here!

Greeting to New Member - ioannes sebald - 09-21-2008

Hi,Sextus,Welcome to the fold,i am sure you will enjoy being here,i am pretty new myself but i have had a great time already and it can only get better.

Re: New recruits - Galloglass - 09-22-2008

Greetings all!

Names Timothy.

Stumbled upon ya'lls site while i was doing some research and was impressed. Lurked for awhile and decided to bite the bullet and post. I am currently military ans whence i retire...i'll be looking to join a group that portrays Legion life as accurately as possible. Hope'n to learn alot here first tho!

Currently pursuing a Bach. in Military History focused on...wait for it...classical Greco/Roman era.

The day to day life of the common soldier through the ages fascinates me, and thats what i am looking to learn most about. What was life like in the legion? Things of that nature.

Already posted a question to the experts in the archeology forum (think that was the one anyway...)

Looking forward to my stay here!

Timothy

Question,Re Signal Station - ioannes sebald - 09-23-2008

Hi out there,does anybody know,particularly in Yorkshire,whever or not the site near Loftus has been identified as a Signal Station :?: the trouble is that i am getting mixed messages up here(courtesy of the media),many thanks,oh!,and hello and welcome to new member Galloglass,sure you will have a great time here,Wassail.

Re: Question,Re Signal Station - Salvianus - 09-23-2008

Quote:Hi out there,does anybody know,particularly in Yorkshire,whever or not the site near Loftus has been identified as a Signal Station :?:

Sorry, I have only seen the various syndicated newspaper reports posted online by e.g. Evening Gazette, as above. They talk about stone foundations and a cobbled courtyard, but I haven't seen the shape of the foundations described nor the basis of Steve Sherlock's identification reported.

salve

Reply to Salvianus - ioannes sebald - 09-24-2008

Hi there,thank`s for the response,knowing Steve we`ll be waiting for some time yet,here`s a short list of my kit(sorry,i forgot i said i`d send one :oops: )so,here goes~Helmet is Berkasovo(yes,THAT one),Belt is Dorchester,Sword is 3rd Century Roman(can`t remember the name,shorter and wider blade),Dagger is Kunzing,they are both Family Heirlooms,Shield is Circular Germanic with Brass Fittings,Clothing is mostly Red with Blue checked Cloak and Roman Boots,not forgetting the Pannonian of course(and Silver Crossbow Fibula),Thanks again and Wassail.