RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Americus - 09-25-2008

Hello,

Call me Americus.
I'm retired U.S. Army. I've been to Rome twice. I've been stationed in Germany twice. I have visited Saalburg several times and spent many Saturdays walking the Limes between Saalburg and Butzbach.
I've been interested in Roman history since I was a teenager.
I enjoy reading Polybius, Adrian Goldsworthy, and Peter Connolly, among others.
I've visited this site a couple of times and would like to join. I don't know how much I can add, but I know that I can learn.

Thanks.
Robert

Re: New recruits - marcos - 09-26-2008

ave omnes ,
hi everybody.

Let me introduce myself!
my name is Marcos, writing from Rome , Italy.
I'm interested in roman army and weapons , above all in gladii et pugiones , so I'm normally studing those weapons .

I hope here, in your fair forum , will be possible to have some nice talk about that.

best

Welcome to New Members - ioannes sebald - 09-26-2008

Hi,Americus and Marcos Big Grin ,glad you`ve both joined this select band,i`m sure that any help you might want(or just plain"chat")will be somewere out here,it`s a subject that`s hard to keep quiet about.

Re: New recruits - Thorvald - 09-26-2008

Hello folks,

I saw the link of this place onm Anglo-Saxon-England forum.

I go by the name Thorvald, Iam from the Netherlands and highly interested in Germanic issues which includes the Romans.

Iam particulary interested in the late-Roman period, prior to the fall of Rome and the expanding of Germanic tribes into Roman empire.

Iam not into re-enacting, although Iam very interested in it.

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 09-27-2008

Quote:Hello,
Call me Americus.
Quote:ave omnes ,
hi everybody.
Let me introduce myself!
Quote:Hello folks,
I go by the name Thorvald, Iam from the Netherlands.

Hello Americus, Marcos and Thorvald.

All of you, a warm welcome to this forum. may it serve you and may you have fun serving it.

However, please add your real name (first name suffices) in your signature. That is a forum rule.

Re: New recruits - Na Saighdiuir - 09-27-2008

hello to all new recruits!!!
Dont be afraid to ask questions around here,the lads are all top class and knowledgeable to boot.So get out and ask for help,its what we are here for.

Re: New recruits - Thorvald - 09-27-2008

Quote:
Americus:pvaq97cz Wrote:Hello,
Call me Americus.
Quote:ave omnes ,
hi everybody.
Let me introduce myself!
Quote:Hello folks,
I go by the name Thorvald, Iam from the Netherlands.

Hello Americus, Marcos and Thorvald.

All of you, a warm welcome to this forum. may it serve you and may you have fun serving it.

However, please add your real name (first name suffices) in your signature. That is a forum rule.

Done Big Grin

Another Welcome! - ioannes sebald - 09-27-2008

Hello Thorvald,well,it`s great to have yet another Germanic in the Empire,at this rate we`ll outnumber the Romans :wink: ,it looks like we have very similar interests in mind,have you ever thought about taking up Living History/Re-enactment :?: ,it has to be one of the best Hobbies you can find,oh,by the way,i made the same mistake with my Signature,it just took me longer :roll: ,bye for now and Wassail.

Re: New recruits - marcos - 09-27-2008

Quote:All of you, a warm welcome to this forum. may it serve you and may you have fun serving it.

ok, Thorvald, but help me please, how can I do that?

Re: Another Welcome! - fasta - 09-27-2008

Quote:Hello Thorvald,well,it`s great to have yet another Germanic in the Empire,at this rate we`ll outnumber the Romans

Your more than welcome to have some of ours.I can't move for Goth/ Germanic types at the moment and not one of them speaks Latin!What is the army coming to?
:lol:

Quote:
Quote:However, please add your real name (first name suffices) in your signature. That is a forum rule.

Done Big Grin

Not yet. You only added it to your profile, not to your signature. :wink:

Re: New recruits - Titvs Statilivs Castvs - 09-27-2008

Profile > Profile > Signature
:wink:

Maybe he didn't know how to? Smile

Quote:
Vortigern Studies:htbvyzjd Wrote:All of you, a warm welcome to this forum. may it serve you and may you have fun serving it.
ok, Thorvald, but help me please, how can I do that?
The name's Robert (Vortigern Studies) and since you already know how to write a signature (SI VIS PACEM etc) you only need to add your real (first) name to that. Solved.

Re: New recruits - Thorvald - 09-27-2008

Quote:Profile > Profile > Signature
:wink:

Maybe he didn't know how to? Smile

Yes, I know, just forget the signature thing only Confusedhock:

Fixed now.

Reply to Fasta - ioannes sebald - 09-28-2008

Okay then!,i`ll take as many as you have so long as they are fully equipped and loaded with booty,remember though,we would`nt be a problem if Landowners were more co-operative and the Eastern Empire did`nt keep nicking Units wholesale :wink: .