RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: One for Count Theo & Salvianus - Salvianus - 10-01-2008

Quote:Salvianus,all i can say on behalf of the Barbaricum is,DOH! Confusedhock: .

Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Nihonius Legio - 10-02-2008

Hi everyone. I go by the name nickname "Nihon" usually, but since this is a Roman forum, I Latinized it as Nihonius Legio. The "Legio" part standing for my love of ancient warfare, especially Roman.
Anyways, I've lived in Montana USA for most of my life and am currently in college here. I have no major chosen yet, but plan to learn Japanese and going to Japan.
I just purchased some roman armor on Ebay, and am hoping to see it in the mail soon. Hopefully it is quality because it sure cost alot. Couldnt get Caligae because it was way too expensive, am having a tunic made by a friend, and will try to make my own balteus. I also dont have a gladius or baldric... Hopefully it's all good enough for a nice Halloween.
I'm also purchasing Roman coins on Ebay, I dont know everyone's feelings about that bu it's what I love. To own a piece of history is awesome. :twisted:
Hope to meet all some of you and have a good time. Feel free to talk to me about whatever. I know alot about history and am always wanting to know more, so that's a good topic...

Re: New recruits - Na Saighdiuir - 10-02-2008

Welcome aboard Nihonius,always good to get more people on board.If historys youre thing then you right at home here,the lads/ladies are absolute gents/ladies so any problems just fire away

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 10-02-2008

Quote:Hi everyone. I go by the name nickname "Nihon" usually...

Welcome to RAT, Jared.

new membership - Dieter Pots - 10-02-2008

Hello everyone

I joined RAT today after I had been searching for ways to do something more with my great passion: Roman history. I studied History but I'm not empoyed in the sector. I'm planning to join the Legio XI CPF and I'm looking forward to it with great enthusiasm! It also means I'll have to buy me some armor in the near future, though I'm still not sure what personage I'll choose, a legionair or an auxilia...

Kind regards
Dieter

Re: New recruits - Virtus Probi Invicti - 10-02-2008

Quote:Hi everyone. I go by the name nickname "Nihon" usually, but since this is a Roman forum, I Latinized it as Nihonius Legio. The "Legio" part standing for my love of ancient warfare, especially Roman.
I'm also purchasing Roman coins on Ebay, I dont know everyone's feelings about that bu it's what I love. To own a piece of history is awesome. :twisted:

Hi Nihon!
I just joined, too, and am also a Roman coin collector, although a fairly inactive at the moment. I especially like "antoniniani" of Probus with military busts, particularly ones with features on the shield (horseman, ranks of milites, gorgoneion, etc). I used to find a lot of good stuff on eBay, but haven't seen a lot of high quality coins in my interest range there in the last few years...don't know if there's a competing auction site that most dealers moved to?? I also used to take part in the Numism-L forum several years ago.
Anyway, I've just started here, but there are a lot of good posts and names that I know from my reading. Hope you have fun!

Re: New recruits - Na Saighdiuir - 10-03-2008

Virtus and Dieter..welcome aboard lads..enjoy your time here and dont be afraid to mingle!

Re: New recruits - le Cavalier Invisible - 10-03-2008

Welcome! Big Grin

Question for Late Romans in Yorkshire - ioannes sebald - 10-03-2008

Hi again,i've just come across a bit of an oddity,is anyone familiar with the supposed existence of an individual named Coel or Coel Hen,purportedly the last Dux Brittaniarum or an early British King?who held sway over the territory either side of the wall,this sounds quite fascinating,i'd love to find out more if possible Smile .

Re: Question for Late Romans in Yorkshire - Robert Vermaat - 10-03-2008

Quote:Hi again,i've just come across a bit of an oddity,is anyone familiar with the supposed existence of an individual named Coel or Coel Hen,purportedly the last Dux Brittaniarum or an early British King?who held sway over the territory either side of the wall,this sounds quite fascinating,i'd love to find out more if possible Smile .
Wrong part of the forum Iain. I can shift it (this thread is too long) so please post it anew in the History section.

Re: Question for Late Romans in Yorkshire - Salvianus - 10-03-2008

Quote:Wrong part of the forum Iain. I can shift it (this thread is too long) so please post it anew in the History section.

Would 'Allies & Enemies of Rome' be the right section, Robert?

cheers

Ste

Re: Question for Late Romans in Yorkshire - Robert Vermaat - 10-04-2008

Quote:
Vortigern Studies:2ddf34sk Wrote:Wrong part of the forum Iain. I can shift it (this thread is too long) so please post it anew in the History section.
Would 'Allies & Enemies of Rome' be the right section, Robert?
Nah, it's still about the last Roman officials in Britain, right? :wink:

New to forum - Marcus Vettius Decimus - 10-04-2008

Salvete!!!

My Name is nate Kingery, i'm from Batavia NY. I belong to a Roman Household in the SCA. We are primarily 1st Cent (about AD. 79). I'm pretty new to the Roman thing, I did 14th Cent. English before.

My kit isn't quite accurate as it is leather and not steel, but we are trying to be as close as we can and still fit the regulations of SCA.

I look forward to talking to everyone!!!

Re: Question for Late Romans in Yorkshire - Salvianus - 10-04-2008

Quote: Nah, it's still about the last Roman officials in Britain, right? :wink:

Nice one, thanks Robert Big Grin

Re: New to forum - Robert Vermaat - 10-04-2008

Quote:Salvete!!!

My Name is nate Kingery, i'm from Batavia NY.

Hi Nate, welcome to the forum. Well, that makes you officially a Batavian, we have more of those here. :wink:

Remember to enter you real (first) name into your signature (in your profile). It's a forum rule.