RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Jeroen Pelgrom - 11-13-2008

welcome to RAT Robertus! Also, please put your first real name in your signature (forum rules).

Re: New recruits - legatus XIV - 11-18-2008

I'm currently reenacting as in LEG XIV. I'm reenacting Gaius Suetonius Paulinus.

Stumbling Aboard! - Tacronicus - 11-18-2008

Hello everyone! I just found the Ancient Warfare Magazine site yesterday, and your site today. I'm glad to be here and hope to expand my understanding of the Roman Army and the world in which it operated.

I am also a member of the role-playing group "Republic Reborn," located at ancientworlds.net.

Looks like a great venue here; thanks for letting me in!

Jim aka Tacronicus

Re: New recruits - legatus XIV - 11-18-2008

Fixed my signature line

Re: New recruits - Na Saighdiuir - 11-19-2008

Quote:I'm currently reenacting as in LEG XIV. I'm reenacting Gaius Suetonius Paulinus.

A great choice!!Paulinus is one of my faveourites!!A hearty welcome to all

Re: New recruits - Chris Legio X - 11-21-2008

Salve Milites,

Hi, My names Chris Been a while since I used a regular forum. Thought I would introduce myself. I'm from Milwaukee Wisconsin or as we like to call ourselves the beer capitol of the U.S. or America's little Germany.....Had to throw that in with so many German Members LOL. Anywho. I'm 27 years young well in 2 days here at least. I am an avid Roman Historian, Been studying Rome and Roman History since I was 14 years old. Unfortunatly there is very little oppurtunity for History students in my Area so I am an independant student and studier of history. I love Roman history,Especially the Military. I am particually interested in individual legion history. As well as the engineering and study of standerds and representational history of legionary units. I am well read in Tacitus, Caesar, Pliny,Plutarch and Seutonius. I am incredibly interested in Caeser's raised 10th Legion, The Equestrius, And am currently reading Caesars Legion. I feel incredibly fortunate to find a like minded community with so many cool and interesting historians. I have actually made contact with Jasper and would like to say thanks to him for all his help and his pateince with me =)..

Anywho LOL novel over hopefully I'll have a chance to get to know everyone =)

Re: New recruits - Aurelius Malleolus - 11-21-2008

Ave, quiritium!

My name is Andrew, roman name Aurelius Malleolus, in russian network - Praetorian. So, i'm from Russia, city - Rostov-on-Don. It is a south of our big,big country))). I'm student of South Federal University, internetional law faculty. 22 years old. So, i'm intresting rome history, and living history. I'm from the team,which reconstruction Praetorian guard (period end of 1st century- first quarter 2nd century).

Re: New recruits - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 11-23-2008

A big welcome Chris and Andrew.

you'll find this place to be very addictive. Tons of info and interesting things to learn.

Btw, cool that Rome has friends in Russia ;-) ) ... seems to be a growing hobby there.

Re: New recruits - Fennia - 11-26-2008

Greetings from Finland

I got interested in Rome because of Asterix comic books, and I got interested in Ancient Rome and its military because of Rome Total War and Rome Total Realism (If anyone here plays RTR my nick was and still is Erakarhu)

I'm here because....well the legions can't come to me, so I have to go to the legions. Or maybe this will be better, anything related to Rome (or any historical subject) draws me like a magnet.

I don't re-enact but I'm a student and I've already selected most of the history related courses in my school.

Re: New recruits - Antonius Lupus - 11-26-2008

Ave!

My name is Antonio, I live in Bilbao, Vasconia, and I will become a Roman reenactor soon.

I have been looking at this forum for a long time and I have learned a lot about ancient history with you. Thanks. I think it is time to join you.

Re: New recruits - Nihonius Legio - 11-27-2008

So where is Vasconia? I've never heard of it and I know just about every country on the planet. Is it a region of a country? Spain?

Re: New recruits - Aurelius Malleolus - 11-27-2008

Hi friends from Finland!)))
2Nihonius Legio - yes, it's a north of Spain

Re: New recruits - Antonius Lupus - 11-27-2008

It is in Hispania.

Re: New recruits - Chris Legio X - 11-28-2008

I also Play a ton of Rome total war and Rome total realism. As a huge fan of the Roman Army there is no better games to play to relive the adventures of Rome better then RTR.

Re: New recruits - Jezz - 11-30-2008

Hi, I'm Jeremy Elkington. Brand-spanking new here. I'm glad I found this site as I have been interested in ancient Rome since I was about 8 years old - started with looking at the pictures of Romans in Asterix comics. My interest really kicked in a gear with the first novel of Colleen McCullough's Masters of Rome series, getting the first one in the year it came out, which was my first year of high school. Since then I've loved reading about the last century of the Republic and especially Caesar, Sulla etc. and particularly the Roman army and the appearance of the soldiers, which appealed to my interest in art/drawing. Spent much of my high school days drawings Roman soldiers and head busts of important Roman figures.
For the last three years I have been working on a novel set in the last century of the Roman Republic. The primary focus is on the careers of the towering men of that day - Caesar, Lucullus, Antony, Pompey, Crassus, Sulla etc. I guess the main focus is on Caesar but I am incorporating a lot of details on the campaigns, battles, tactics and the arms and armour of those days, aiming for complete authenticity and to bring the dangerous excitement of such to life. I really hope it all works out and aim to submit the final draft (its currently about 600 pages) to publishers in mid to late 2009.
Aside from that, I am currently a secondary school teacher and also an artist, which allows me to focus on my other love which is the Middle Eastern desert landscapes and Arabic ornament/patterns, at times incorporated with other ancient cultural art elements and surrealistic/abstract forms (oils on canvas). In the future I hope to produce a series of paintings based on Roman soldiers.
I hope to write more novels in the future and have in mind a trilogy based the idea that Caesar was not assissinated and went on to conquer Parthia, Dacia, Arabia, Germany and all of India. It would end with Caesar asking a special question at the Siwa Oasis - just like Alexander.

Still thinking about what signature to go with. I'll try not to take to long.

Cheers
Jezz
(Jeremy Elkington)