RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Steakslim - 12-05-2008

Hi everybody after lurking here for some time I decided to join this sooo cool Smile I love this. I've been interested in the roman army since I was a kid when I read asterix (I was the only kid in town who hated him) so when I got older I started to research the roman army then the byzantines then heavy cavalry and the rest is history (Or should I say military history)

Re: New recruits - Quintus Galerius - 12-05-2008

Avete omnes, mihi nomen est Francesco, italicus sum, habitans in parvo pago apud Nolam, Regio I (Latium et Campania), in terra ton Opikon, deinde habitata ad Samnitis.

I'm trying ti create a group of re-enactment about Samnites.

Valete omnes

Re: New recruits - hephestus - 12-05-2008

Benvenuto anche qui Francesco Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Lupianus - 12-05-2008

Samnites? How cool is that! Any items for your equipment purchased so far?

Besides, a warm welcome to all my recently joined commilitones. End of the year seems to attract many newcomers to the Eagles. Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Quintus Galerius - 12-05-2008

Quote:Samnites? How cool is that! Any items for your equipment purchased so far?

Besides, a warm welcome to all my recently joined commilitones. End of the year seems to attract many newcomers to the Eagles. Big Grin

My backsmith is Hephestus...and now he's still busy Tongue we have to wait!

Re: New recruits - panairjdde - 12-08-2008

Avete.

My name is Salvatore, I live in Rome, but I come from a city that was once enemy of Rome (hint: my ancestors called Pyrrhus in Italy).

I have been interested in Roman history since I was a little boy. Now that I am no longer a boy, I am particulary interested in the history of Late Roman Empire.

Valete.

Re: New recruits - Quintus Galerius - 12-08-2008

Ciao!! Sei di origini Tarantine?

Hi! have you got roots in Tarentum?

Re: New recruits - panairjdde - 12-08-2008

Quote:Ciao!! Sei di origini Tarantine?

Hi! have you got roots in Tarentum?

Yes (it was quite easy :wink: ), but I live in Rome, now.
Bye

Hello All - Germanicus J Agricola - 12-11-2008

Hullo all
I'm Dave Mann. I live in Binbrook, Ontario, Canada. ( just outside of Hamilton for those who know the area.)
I have been interested in the Roman Army since falling off Hadrian's Wall in 1979. Lived in Germany from 76-80 and was lucky enough to visit many of the Roman sites there; unfortunately missing out on Mogontiacum.

Earned a degree in ancient history at McMaster University, and have been an amatuer historian for a long while. I have seemed to focus my interest on the British Garrison, and lately on Roman cavalry operations.

I have spent 23 years in the Canadian Army reserve and am currently an Optio serving on the limes Afghanii.

Cheers

(edited for spelling)

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 12-12-2008

Hello and welcome to Dave and everyone else who has joined recently Big Grin

Re: Hello All - Robert Vermaat - 12-13-2008

Quote:Hullo all
I'm Dave Mann. I live in Binbrook, Ontario, Canada. ( just outside of Hamilton for
Hi Dave, and welcome. Please add your first name to your signature, it's a forum rule.

Re: New recruits - Thais - 12-21-2008

hello...

I've been lurking off and on for a while now, and finally decided to officially join the forum. I've recently started getting interested in the classical world thanks to a friend (hello, Kineas!), and am looking forward to gaining more familiarity with things Roman as well as Greek.

-Thais

New Recruits - Paullus Scipio - 12-22-2008

Hi Thais !
....nice to see you here! The feminine gender are, alas, something of a distinct minority here, so doubly welcome ( I have a theory that Girls don't take as much interest in History - of any sort- as Boys, because History tends to be written about men, by men.....leaving a rather frustrating experience if you want to know what the other half of humanity did in the past :roll: )

Looking forward to seeing some posts from you.....

greetings from the eastern end of the Limes - michael4096 - 12-22-2008

hi guys (and under-represented gals)

had a long standing interest in all things ancient Roman since university in Newcastle and some digging at Vindolanda in the early 70s. I've been out of anything active for a while now but recently renewed interest after finding a small, seemingly un-excavated auxiliary fort near my home in Bavaria

looking forward to catching up

Michael Davey

Re: Hello All - The_Mariner - 12-22-2008

Quote:Hullo all
I'm Dave Mann. I live in Binbrook, Ontario, Canada. ( just outside of Hamilton for those who know the area.)
I have been interested in the Roman Army since falling off Hadrian's Wall in 1979. Lived in Germany from 76-80 and was lucky enough to visit many of the Roman sites there; unfortunately missing out on Mogontiacum.

Earned a degree in ancient history at McMaster University, and have been an amatuer historian for a long while. I have seemed to focus my interest on the British Garrison, and lately on Roman cavalry operations.

I have spent 23 years in the Canadian Army reserve and am currently an Optio serving on the limes Afghanii.

Cheers

(edited for spelling)

Ahh Another in the frozen north, welcome brother!

Have you looked into groups in the area already?

Please make sure your real name ends up in the signature
block so we all remember who you are.

There are others of us who are ex or current military in
Ontario also. We look forward to hearing more about you and
helping you with your impression if you want the help.

Welcome!
Big Grin