RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Britannia Sweaty - 04-08-2009

Quote:
Britannia Sweaty:2mxcijlf Wrote:Hi Marc Byrne from Surrey, UK here. Been a member of Britannia (Late Roman/Gladiatorial re-enactment) for three years now. Often lurk and browse the sight during my lunch hour so thought it was time to 'officially post'.

Hello mate!

Bloody hell you get everywhere don't you :wink:

Re: New recruits - marvises - 04-08-2009

hahahaha welcome to all ye new members ^_^

Re: New recruits - Iagoba - 04-09-2009

Wellcome all! Big Grin

Don´t be afraid of the lack of equipment, I started with my grandpa´s sandals (quite old, but not Roman), a (half sinthetic) tunic made by my mom, and no more.

And year and half later, I´m able to do butted mail Big Grin wink: It´s not what you have, but what you learn Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 04-14-2009

Hello to everyone I missed (about 50 pages worth). Sorry I haven't been here for so long... :oops:

Re: New recruits - Muizer - 04-24-2009

Hello everybody,

I'm from the Netherlands (Amsterdam to be precise). You can just call me "muizer". I took latin in school, which probably accounts for my interest in all things Roman. I've got an Msc in earth sciences, which accounts for my interest in terrain models. I'm an environmental consultant in "real life", which accounts for my (lack of) finances. In my spare time I captain the Rome Total Realism team, creating modifications for the PC game Rome Total War. That doesn't account for anything except a lot of time.

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 04-25-2009

Hi, good to have you here. However, you need to put your name in your sig.

Re: New recruits - Muizer - 04-25-2009

Quote:Hi, good to have you here. However, you need to put your name in your sig.

Ah I see. well ok then. What About signature pics? Ok with it?

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 04-25-2009

As far as I know.

Re: New recruits - Currahee Chris - 06-02-2009

Hello to everyone:

I hail from the mysterious outpost of Mechanicsburg Pennsylavania here in the USA. I was in the US Army for 11 years and now work as a CPA for one of the biggest public accounting firms in the world.

My interest in all things ancient were picqued when my parents took me to Rome for Christmas 1980. I saw Pope John Paul II give his Christmas welcoming. I also got to tour the catacombs and walk the Colloseum- amazing place for cat fans. Tongue My interests waned as I became a teenager. I took my family to the Chicago museum of natural history and saw the Ancient Egyptian exhibit and that sealed it. I have been voraciously devouring everything related to Rome and the ancient world.

My goal upon retirement (I am currently 36) is to take my wife and kids around to see all the wonderful sites of the ancient world. A friend of mine, who is a fellow toy soldier collector, gave me his entire library of books about Rome absolutely free!! There are nearly 200 books with various scopes from fiction to hard core academia and span mostly the years of the Empire.

I look forward to reading everyones posts and adding some comments of value (I hope) myself.

Cheers
CC

Re: New recruits - Titus Juventius Tertius - 06-03-2009

Quote:A friend of mine, who is a fellow toy soldier collector, gave me his entire library of books about Rome absolutely free!! There are nearly 200 books with various scopes from fiction to hard core academia and span mostly the years of the Empire.

VERY cool. I wish I had friends as nice as that. Welcome to the forums! If you ever want to part with those, let me know. Tongue

Quote:
Ceasar Augustus:a4wpsidk Wrote:Hi, good to have you here. However, you need to put your name in your sig.

Ah I see. well ok then. What About signature pics? Ok with it?

There's a few guys around here with signature pictures. Some of their sigs can get rather big and I haven't seen anything mentioned since I've been here.

Re: New recruits - Praefectusclassis - 06-03-2009

Welcome all recent new recruits!
Quote:What About signature pics? Ok with it?
Signature pics are okay, provided they're not too immodest (no flashing gifs please...)

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 06-03-2009

Hey Chris, good to see you here.

Re: New recruits - Justin of the New Yorkii - 06-22-2009

I joined at the beginning of the month, but I didn't notice this until now, so here goes.

I am from New York, but from the rural part of the state, not the big city with which everyone is familiar.

I don't remember when I became interested in Rome, but I became interested in the Greeks and the Carthaginians when I was a little kid, I don't remember why.

I am here because my curiosity about Carthage led me to www.livius.org , which links to www.ancient-warfare.com , and when I was Googling the Ancient Warfare page to subscribe, I stumbled across this, and it turns out this page is a nice resource to interact with people who know a lot about the things I'm most interested in.

I am not a student anymore (I have a degree in print journalism), and that's part of the reason why I like RAT. The opportunity to learn from authors and professors of ancient history is something I greatly appreciate.

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 06-22-2009

Welcome to the forum Justin (even though you're already here for a month) :wink:

Re: New recruits - Ceasar Augustus - 06-23-2009

A rather late welcome to you, Justin.