RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Titius_VI_Legion - 04-07-2011

Good Luck to you, from North Carolina USA

Re: New recruits - Ormicus - 04-08-2011

Hi,

I thought i would be appropriate to introduce myself before posting anything here.
My name is Thomas, I am from Holland. I study history at the university of Leiden.
My interest lies with testing historical theories with practical means.
Last semester i studied on a theory about stirrups (medieval period, i know). During my study of this theory i had some great help from a jouster, who proved my theory by putting it to the test in real life.
So reenactment has caught my eye as a way to test historical theories.

Cheers, Thomas.

Re: New recruits - MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS - 04-08-2011

Welcome classmate !

For your question on Greek war wounds and medical treatments i advise you to post it in the Greek Military as well as Civ section

M.VIB.M.

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 04-08-2011

Quote:My name is Iñaki Zalabardo Larraza and I'm from Barcelona in Spain.
[..]
I am creating a group of late Roman reenanctment, the most interesting time for me. The group is called Propugnatores Barcinonensis and recreates among other projects one military unit that served in Hispania according to Notitia Dignitatum.
A great initiave!! Are you already working with the two Late Roman groups in Spain, the Septimani or the Cohors Prima Gallica?
Does you group have a website?

Re: New recruits - IGNATIUS LARRASUS PROFUTURUS - 04-08-2011

Still do not have a web. Only mail:

[email protected]

We know the Septimani and Cohors I Gallica. Initially our intention was to enlist in their ranks but they were not interested. Finally I decided to create my own group. If they want we can work together and for me would be an honor. They are experienced and we none. For me it would be a dream to participate in an event together for the public. In Spain you can never see a large group of late Roman soldiers. I have dared to present myself in the RAT but it is still early for Propugnatores Barcinonenses .

I'll try to post a picture. Sorry if it goes wrong. I do not know how. In other forums I have no problems but here I find it hard, perhaps because of the language.

[Image: cartelpropugnatoresciel.th.jpg]

Re: New recruits - Georgivs I. Bergidianvs - 04-11-2011

Hello to all members of the RAT,

I stand in the forum for the first time. I'm a member of a new group that is still forming in Barcelona on historical reconstruction of the Late Roman period. The name of our group will be Propugnatores Barcinonenses and we'll try to cover Late Antiquity, preferably the fourth and fifth centuries. I send you some pictures in our city in Spain.

Congratulations for the forum

Best Wishes !

Re: New recruits - ParthianBow - 04-11-2011

Greetings Jordi, and welcome to RAT! Nice gear, nice photos. Good luck with your new group.

Re: New recruits - Georgivs I. Bergidianvs - 04-12-2011

Thank you very much ParthianBow,

I wish everything goes well in this new adventure.

More photos in our city, Barcelona

Thanks !

Georgivs Ivlivs Bergidianvs is Jordi Fernández Alvarez

Re: New recruits - Joze Noriker - 05-29-2011

Hello to all!
My name is Joze and i come from Slovenia. I am celtic reenactor since 2008 (larpic-fantasy), but my first serious performance was last year in Austria in Asparn an der Zaya - on this event i wear for a first time my la Tenne III dress&armour. I am member of reenacting group from Austria, Boii Pannonia but in Germany i am doing different events alone, too because sometimes the termines of the events are at the same time and i have some friends in Germany, too.
I have here my own smithy for my artifacts of iron but the recos of the bronze i order in Germany by different historical handworkers (Christian F.).
In my private life i am teacher&professor of art in some different schools, but i made postdyplom study of theoretical sociology, too (not finished yet).
Im my country there are a lot of Roman's artifacts and i live in a place of Roman-province Noricum. I know that archaeol. places very well - and the museums, too (have a lot of photos).
I put some impressions of my interess and work:
my blog on slovenian about me and our group:
http://www.rtvslo.si/profil/joze-noriker
our exhibition of living history-themes in our school - works of the childreen:
http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j409/Joze_Noriker/SG-RAZSTAVA-AUSSTELLUNG2011/

part II:
http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j409/Joze_Noriker/SG-RAZSTAVA-AUSSTELLUNG2/

In the web i use term Joze Noriker allways and my facebook's profile is Joze Noriker, too. I am member of German's historical reenacting forums Forum gallicum and archaeoforum, too.
Hope you understand my english - it sounds not perfect.
Regards,
Joze

Re: New recruits - Zeuxippos - 06-06-2011

Hello, my name is Sage and I'm from Canada. I've been interested in Roman/Greek culture and civilization for nearly 10 years. I'm no scholar, but an avid book reader and would love to learn all I can about everything I can. This website looks great, I can't wait to search around!

-Zeuxippos

Re: New recruits - pavka - 06-08-2011

Hi all,

my name is Pavel, I am a PhD student in Australia (doing a project in "data mining").
I've grown up in Hisar, Bulgaria: the place with best-preserved Roman ruins in the country (2.5 km fortress wall, many buildings etc.). I spent most of my childhood playing in archaeologists' pits, digging up iron nails, spearheads, clay lamps and human bones...

I have a project which I'll post in the "Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction" section, which is why I registered here :-)

Re: New recruits - Rob Harbottle - 06-08-2011

Greetings all,

I've admired the RAT forum from afar for several years now. Finally deciding to be in it to win it I've signed up so I can give my penneths worth where desired.

I've been re-enacting for nearly 25 years having covered English Civil War, Medieval, Roman, Napoleonic and back to Roman again. Roman feels like proper history anyway.

My big passion is Astrophysics and Astronomy where I have returned to studies to further my academic career. History and re-enactment provide just the distraction and escapism I need to keep the insanity out. Hence I'll be doing a lot of re-enacting at the minute.

I live in the North East of England and a group of us up here are portraying Legio VI Victrix P. F. in the early third century. So I hope to meet some of you soon at events.

I do like to describe myself as grumpy, cantankerous and antisocial. Until mixed with wine. Fortunatly I usually have a tipple while sat at the computer.

Re: New recruits - Hephaest1on - 07-16-2011

Hello all.

I'm more of an armchair ancient warfare enthusiast than a re-enactor or. I'm based in the North West and i'm here to learn from all you like minded people.

Thanks for having me aboard

Re: New recruits - Lacomus - 07-20-2011

Greetings to all! I am new to Roman reenacting, but not to reenacting as a whole. I am looking forward to learning from all of you. I am just now beginning to put my kit together Confusedad: .......money, money, money........Money......Pink Floyd anyone.

Jim/ Loyalty for Loyalty

Re: New recruits - kazeryu - 07-20-2011

Hello all,

I'm from the great white frosty north (aka Canada), and Ontario to be slightly more specific. I'm an engineer by day and a variety of other things by night.

I've enjoyed a number of books (fiction) relating to romans and their empire over the years, but more recently my interest was piqued by the legioXX site which (I think) I stumbled across while searching for "making armour".

I'm here to expand my mind a little bit and get some advice on building a possible impression or two.

Cheers!