RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 02-14-2012

Hi James,

Welcome! We share that - being 9 years old when hit by the 'Roman bug'! Big Grin

Re: New recruits - CpX - 03-18-2012

Hello I'm Chris!

I am currently a student at the University of New Mexico, studying Psychobiology (pre-med) and my religion/mythology classes resparked my interest in the Greco/Roman era. I have been interested in the Greco/Roman era since I first learned about the Greek City States and the Roman Empire (about 5th grade). I use to participate in WWII reenacting (German side because grandpa was a German WWII veteran and was around for authenticity help)but I got too busy and could no longer travel to central colorado to participate. I am very interested in getting back in to reenacting and thought since I have interest in the Roman Empire I would try Roman reenacting.

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 03-18-2012

Hiya Chris, welcome to RAT.

New recruits - ParthianBow - 03-22-2012

Hi James and Chris, and welcome to RAT!

Re: New recruits - Aritê gunê Akasa - 03-23-2012

Hi everyone!
I have a Sarmatian persona in the SCA and kept running into Roman forums while doing research. I decided to join this one as it seemed to have particularly good information on them and citing reliable references is more common than on some of the others I ran into. My SCA name is Aritê gunê Akasa, mundane name Jess. I'm from North Carolina originally, but going to grad school in Iowa (Kingdom of Calontir, Shire of Shadowdale) now for vertebrate paleontology.
I've only been doing serious Sarmatian research for about a year now and that only sporadically between doing paleo research. I started a blog to keep track of and disseminate my research and would love to hear comments, criticisms, and suggestions from anyone here who knows more about the subject than I.
-Aritê / Jess

Re: New recruits - Daan - 04-04-2012

Hello everybody. Just joined and here I am introducing myself. My name is Daan Vanhamme, currently living in Belgium. History of warfare is a hobby (one of my many) since ages, can't really remember when it exactly started. Firstly it was Rome but later on it expanded widely in time and space. Now I'm basically a Medieval (13th century) freelance reenactor and I've got a Viking kit as well, plus a couple of Greek and Roman stuff but not a complete outfit. That's basically why I'm here, to get it going again after years of having little or no time to spend on it.

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 04-04-2012

Hello Jess and Daan, welcome to the forum.

Re: New recruits - Tim Hodkinson - 04-05-2012

Hello everyone. I'm tim and I live in Ireland. For some reason (despite the fact that they never got here) I'm fascinated with the Romans and the time period and hope to learn a lot more here on this forum from what looks like a bunch of pretty knowledgeable folks.
I'm a writer of historical novels and am currently in the middle of what I like to call a "YARN"-Yet Another Roman Novel, so may ask some darn silly questions. Hopefully I can contribute some useful stuff as well.

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 04-05-2012

Hi Tim,

Welcome and please ask away. There are no silly questions, only perhaps questions that were answered just yesterday. :wink:

Re: New recruits - Flavius Rodericus Cornelianus - 04-11-2012

Saluete Io

My name is Manuel Rodríguez García and I'm a member of Propugnatores Barcinonenses, a late roman re-enactment group located in Barcelona. I'm proud to be a part of this great forum.

Ualete Io

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 04-12-2012

Hello Manuel, and welcome to the forum! Nice to see another Late Roman joining the ranks.. :wink: And a very nice website too - well done.

Just one thing - please add your real (first) name to your signature, it's a forum rule.

Re: New recruits - Marcus Iulius Audax - 05-11-2012

Hello,

my name is Marco.
I graduated in "Archaeology and History of the Roman Provinces" in January 2012.
For my magister thesis I worked on a Roman military site in Hesse.
Hopefully I will start working on my dissertation in June 2012 which will deal with a Roman military camp in North Rhine-Westphalia.

Marco
Marcus Iulius Audax

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 05-11-2012

Hi Marco,

Welcome to the forum.

Please remember to write your first (real) name in your signature (in your profile). It's a forum rule.

Re: New recruits - Marcus Iulius Audax - 05-12-2012

Thank you Robert for your "welcome" and reminding me of writing my name into the signature.

Is there anywhere a topic like "Have you ever seen a find like this"?

Marco

Re: New recruits - Alanus - 05-12-2012

Quote:Thank you Robert for your "welcome" and reminding me of writing my name into the signature.

Is there anywhere a topic like "Have you ever seen a find like this"?

Marco

Welcome, Marco

This is a group of knowledgable folks. So if you have an unusual find, start your own thread, Have You Ever Seen... et al. Somebody will answer, guaranteed. :grin: