RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - falcons1988 - 08-26-2012

Hi All
I have just completed my BA(Hons) Music and my dissertation was research into the Brass music of ancient Rome. With a view to follow up research with an MA in either Classics or Ethnomusicology. The dissertation following a Roman theme.
I have always had a strong interest in the Romans as I do with music.
I currently work at the National Roman Legionary Museum in Caerleon as well as a being semi-professional musician (trumpet).

Cheers

Peter Bray
(Petronius Augustus - Tubicen to the Legate, LEG II AVG)

Re: New recruits - mihil - 08-26-2012

Greetings,

I am Michael. Also known as Mihil in the SCA. I am interested in all forms of combat and medicine. The Romans seem to have both but I cant quite leave the German side of heratage alone. What I am interested in is paticularly the German "citizens" and worriers. I am currently trying to build the chest rig like in the pic. Any help would greatly be appreicated. Also looking for shoes...never seem to cut the leather in curves right enuff. also please excuse the butchering of words I dont spell non to good. Currently in TX, but military is moving me to CA soon. After the shoes and armour my plan is to dive into the medical part of Rome.

Re: New recruits - mihil - 08-26-2012

Greetings,

I am Michael. Also known as Mihil in the SCA. I am interested in all forms of combat and medicine. The Romans seem to have both but I cant quite leave the German side of heratage alone. What I am interested in is paticularly the German "citizens" and worriers. I am currently trying to build the chest rig like in the pic. Any help would greatly be appreicated. Also looking for shoes...never seem to cut the leather in curves right enuff. also please excuse the butchering of words I dont spell non to good. Currently in TX, but military is moving me to CA soon. After the shoes and armour my plan is to dive into the medical part of Rome.

Re: New recruits - ParthianBow - 08-26-2012

Welcome to RAT, Ray, Bill C, Taylor, Maurice and Michael/Mihil! It's a great place to find out more.

New recruits - neutra - 09-04-2012

Hello,

My (real) name is David. I am from Belgium

Always been interested in history and Roman times are one of my favorites, specially the decline and fall of the empire.

I am not a reenactor, neither student, ...

New recruits - starman2012 - 09-04-2012

Quote:Hello,

Always been interested in history and Roman times are one of my favorites, specially the decline and fall of the empire.

Welcome David. There have been some interesting discussions lately on the fifth century. If you have a favorite theory for the decline and fall, you may want to start a thread on it if you can't find an appropriate old one.

Re: New recruits - papahop - 09-04-2012

Indeed, it is a great place! If you can't find it here, just ask and somebody probably knows what you want or can direct you to it.

New recruits - neutra - 09-04-2012

Quote:
David Hennion post=319826 Wrote:Hello,

Welcome David. There have been some interesting discussions lately on the fifth century. If you have a favorite theory for the decline and fall, you may want to start a thread on it if you can't find an appropriate old one.

Thank you.
Great. I found some threats that were very interesting and hesitate if I could re-open the discussion or not.
I might give a try Big Grin

New recruits - Praefectusclassis - 09-04-2012

Hi David
We have no policy about reopening old threads. In fact, if your question concerns a topic that's been discussed before, you are very welcome to do so. Just make sure you read what's been said before. ;-) And welcome to all new members!

New recruits - Marja - 09-04-2012

Hi,

I'm Marja Erwin, in Virginia. I'm a game designer and amateur historian, among other things. Among other things, I am interested in a range of topics in late antiquity. I think it's necessary to understand the late Roman Empire and understand late antique warfare to understand the rest of the history of the period.

Hi Marja
What kind of games do you design?

New recruits - richsc - 09-04-2012

Welcome Marja! A number of us are in Virginia too. Our group, Legio XX, has monthly workshops and various events through the year. You are welcome to visit.

New recruits - Marja - 09-04-2012

Mostly tabletop wargames, though I'm hoping to design some roleplaying games too. I'm also looking into doing a scenario for Simple Great Battles of History for Hadrianopolis, and sumitting it to GMT.

Tabletop wargames? Tell us more!

New recruits - daconey - 09-05-2012

Greetings all,

My name is Eric, I am an american from Ohio, who is currently in Germany in the military, I have been in 14 yrs now with 8 of them in Europe. I would stay here forever if I could. National geographic got me as a child and I have been fasinated with the ancient/classical world, especially how honorable being a Soldier was portrayed in movies/tv docs. I do not post much, just like in Facebook, I read alot but, do not reply etc. I do not re-enact but would love too once retired or in a different position not working 6 days a week.