RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

New recruits - Manius Acilius Italicus - 01-27-2013

Welcome aboard Emilio and hope you will learn, contribute and most of all have fun here. Lots of great people to converse with on many subjects.
Is there a particular time of the year that your group does reenactments or presentations? The wife and I hope to take an early Fall cruise and maybe go to Rome as a port. I would love to see your group in action if time is available.
Bob Cherry/
Manius Acilius Italicus

New recruits - Manius Acilius Italicus - 01-27-2013

I can only second Robert's welcome. Hope you two have loads of fun and I'm looking forward to your contributions.

New recruits - mike - 01-27-2013

I found this site while googling for an old friend Mrs. Glenys Lloyd-Morgan, Etruscan mirror expert. She died in September aged 67, and there were some links to here.

New recruit, well yeah. Suppose I could build fortresses and give out some hand-slam.
My profession is architect and whenever I'm not drinking I'll be out in the fields.

So, any of you know "Archeon" in the Netherlands? Prehistoric, medieval and roman dwellings and traditional gladiators fights. Alphen aan de Rijn.

Are we all Romans? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0eVTeQi06c
Do we not all love straight roads?

Mike.

New recruits - Gatorsailor - 01-27-2013

Can't really call myself a new recruit, since I've been bouncing in and out since 11/2011.

My name is Aulus Janius Ralfus. I am the Optio of Legio XIIII Cohor II Laitorum, Roman Army Living History Society, here in nortern Utah. I am one of the founding members of group that has, in the past six months, grown to ten members.

In the real world, I am a medically retired Navy veteran. I am a Desert Storm veteran, and have a background in amphibious warfare, littorral warfare and naval history. I have a degree in business management. I have studied both ancient Roman warfare and naval warfare in classroom and on my own, most of my adult life, however, I never persued any academic degrees.
I find RAT of great intrest as we move forward with our living history group, and as a way to connect with others of simmilar interests.

New recruits - Virilis - 01-27-2013

Welcome Mike and Ralph, the empire needs all available men (and women) :wink: !

New recruits - Vindex - 01-27-2013

Welcome to the Forum Mike and Ralph.

New recruits - C Crastinus - 01-30-2013

Avete omnes,

I'm Jason from Wisconsin. I like to study Latin in my spare time, and am chiefly interested in the Late Republic, although I like to read about all periods of ancient history.

I wouldn't mind getting into reenacting, but I don't think there are any groups close enough. I've always thought Wisconsin would be a good place to reenact the Rhine legions due to the climate and the preponderance of people with German ancestry. I have a nice gladius, but that's it, so at this point I could only reenact a naked Gaul with a stolen sword, and I don't think you guys want any pictures of that posted here. :unsure:

I've learned a lot from many of the threads here, so many thanks to all you contributors.

Costly louis vuitton borse Aspects And The Way It Can Shock Clients - comiggng - 01-30-2013

As an example, Typically sexy listings throughout the 2013 louis vuitton borse very-Maintained local areas or the posh sports vehicle left in front, But frequently of your doggie snacks not really visual and any individual, So really do not think to provide evidence of sometheir social placement compared to twain sway via the hand to reveal a $3,000 Yves st Laurent Muse? There's not one. Gals will louis vuitton outlet know of this so they struggle to monetize attached to it all photo they are,
Appropriate dissolving kinds of, This teabags or give six falls or more of designed to raise essential petrolum motor cooking fish oils. Begin using teabags, But but let's let them difficult for a while to get more coffee outside the bags. The rear of a watch could imprinted over the encounter or the message you get. The outer layer of a pants bank account wriststream may well component an symbol, quite,

If you suffer from a car hire, Take scenes of the usb ports. Absolutely nothing is comparable to finding myself in the walt disney world complete parking area and as a consequence negelecting everything an automobile yourself entered! It's the borse louis vuitton usate same with regard to that car locations spots - take scenes with all the warning symptom having your company area volume otherwise document domain url (Shall we be wacky?) Fat reduction number of your auto's car auto airport vehicle outermarket. Smart decision mobile cell phone's web cam from account specific driver's drivers license registration count, Of course,
Green session displays considered necessary louis vuitton outlet stem-cell research on all single-Help naff bags stating that there are no reason due to coming up with the lender. America tote businesses include over reacting made all after thumping the particular plastic of these bags of 30%. The sort of Kevlar carefully place shows a single and they are a great deal smaller full when compared filament Kevlar. The third may possibly be the woven Kevlar.
DFA1G26d

http://www.genteparaviajar.com/forosdeviajesyviajeros/index.php?action=profile;u=93555
http://forum.jamit.com/index.php?action=profile;u=156980
http://www.occultism.biz/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=166167

New recruits - Vindex - 01-31-2013

Welcome Jason!

In some respects the "Show Impression" threads are a sort of virtual re-enactment group and I'm sure you will be posting in the Impression in the Snow thread soon enough...but more kit than a gladius would be a very good idea (if only to save your frostbite ;-) )

New recruits - Thomas Marshall - 02-05-2013

Hello all!

My name is Thomas, and I'm from Seattle WA. I have been interested in Roman history for most of my life, but it really got started when my family took a trip to Rome in January of 2003. I spent a solid week taking in every museum, archaeological dig, and historic site I could visit in Rome and Pompeii. That visit inspired me, and led to me pursue a degree in Archaeology from 2005-2010.

I am here to scratch the academic itch I've had plaguing me since I graduated school and have been out in the real world. I have some questions that I think the members here could answer, and I hope to expand my knowledge of the Rome in general.

While I do not re-enact I have been training in martial arts for 13 years, and as a Stunt Performer and Stage Combatant for nearly 4 years. Recently I got to work with some amazing martial artists who have been re-constructing the various gladiatorial fighting styles and attempting to find the techniques and methods the Gladiators would have actually used, rather than what Hollywood has shown us.

New recruits - Vindex - 02-05-2013

Welcome to the Forum, Thomas :-)

There is a very good search facility for some of your questions but if you don't find the answers you're looking for, there are plenty of members with a wide and varied interest to contribute to discussions.

New recruits - FarDarter - 02-10-2013

Hello, my name is: Jack from Pennsylvania
How did I become interested in Rome? Well, I personally am a fan of Lakedaemonia the most, but I became interested after I saw Gladiator a while back; after that, I started looking up more and more stuff on the ancient world, and it really just progressed from there. I profess I am slogging through The Iliad at a slow rate, though.
Why am I here? Because I know I have many unanswered questions about the ancients. Plus it's fun to discuss.
What do I do? I entirely lack the money to do anything more than a barehanded barbarian; well, I have money, but just buying a fake cuirass would drain the funds. Plus, why would I? Last I checked, there are no ancient reenactment groups in central PA. As I remain in high school for the next year, I do not have access to sources college students might, and as I intend to go to the Merchant Marine Academy, I am doubtful of my prospects in a history major. As such, I must simply rely on books, and that leaves me with a far lesser pool of knowledge than I would like. Of course, that's why I'm here.

New recruits - Vindex - 02-10-2013

Welcome to the forum Jack! We're a sort of virtual re-enactment group in some ways. You can share your impression via photographs any time, even a barehanded barbarian ;-)

If you can find a translation of the Iliad by the Earl of Derby, it's written in an epic poem style (like Milton). It's very lyrical and easy to read...like this...

http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext04/iliad10b.txt

New recruits - Jori - 02-10-2013

Hello there!

I'm known on the Internet by the name Jori Avlis. For romans, Manius Iulius Silva.

I don't remember since when I like ancient Rome. Maybe since the first time I heard about it when I was a little kid.

I'm from France, and I'm a proud member of the LEG VIII AUGUSTA. I'm a reenactor then. But I also draw pictures and make websites (like my little In Aciem ). And that's about it, I think Smile

New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 02-12-2013

Welcome Jori. May you stay here be a happy one!