RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 11-22-2013

Welcome Kieran! May the time spent in the Legion as well as here on the forum be as pleasurable.

New recruits - ken fitzpatrick - 12-10-2013

Would like to say Hi to everyone my name is Ken Fitzpatrick, I live in Dunston Gateshead, UK, I have loved the Romans for years, I live near the Hardians Wall and visit all the time along with my son who also loves the Romans. Im planning to make a roman shield for him so once its all done probably after Christmas now I will show it off, hopefully. Smile

New recruits - Vindex - 12-10-2013

Welcome Ken. I'm from Backworth, just north of the Wall and famous for its hoard. Know Gateshead reasonably well...usually passing through on my way to Arbeia, although I live in the South West now.

Looking forward to seeing the shield!

New recruits - superonyxfire - 12-12-2013

Hello everyone! I am from Maryland, USA. I got interested in Rome back last summer by playing a computer game called Rome: Total War, I saw it a few times in my life but I always thought it was a sort of video/movie, not a game, ever since then I have been getting really into Rome, almost obsessed! I'm here just to chat about Rome, history, the like, I hope to get into re-enacting some day but I'm a junior in high school, I think it could be a good idea to wait. Although, I already have a set of lorica segmentata and a helmet, so I may be fooling myself, we'll see!

New recruits - Flavivs Aetivs - 12-12-2013

You should check out some groups in your area. Matthew Amt is in charge of Legion 20 in Washington DC, and Legion 9 is based out of Richmond Virginia.

Welcome!!!

New recruits - superonyxfire - 12-12-2013

I would need to finish my kit, but do they accept people under 18?

New recruits - Flavivs Aetivs - 12-12-2013

I don't know. Legio VI does but we're in SC. You would have to contact Matt Amt or the Legion 9 guy.

New recruits - sendanor - 12-13-2013

Salvete omnes,

I am a 45 year old Dutch art historian and reenactor, with 14 years experience in early and late Medieval living history. Since 2012, after a guest invitation by the Dutch society Pax Romana, I became definitely hooked to 1st century Roman reenactment/living history and became a permanent member mid 2012.

I have basic knowledge and experience in leather crafting. For the Roman part, that is still a continuing lesson but that was what attracted me in reenactment/living history from the first moment: to learn more by personal experience.

I try to do reenactment both for the academic experience and the fun. That is to say: I try to go to the deepest by chacking the materials/reconstructions and hopefully, also the authentic camping life from morning til evening.

I hope to be able to learn on the RAT too as much as I can, and also to share some investigation issues with like-minded diehards.

New recruits - Vindex - 12-13-2013

Welcome Arno. You sound as if you'll fit in a treat here and I am sure you'll find some acquaintances in the membership Smile

New recruits - Koyuncu - 12-13-2013

Ave All!

I am Semih from Turkey. I am in love with siege warfare and siege machinery especially mechanical artillery. While searching on net I met this wonderful community. Thanks so much providing such a extraordinary forum.

I hope this community lasts forever to illuminate paths of souls that lost in ancient history, like me. Smile

New recruits - cstoesen - 12-14-2013

Hello.

I am Chris Stoesen. I am from Atlanta, GA.
I have always been interested in Rome. Their organization and discipline always fascinated me.
I am here to learn something.
I do not reenact but I am a wargamer and would like to see if I can translate some of what I am learning to a tabletop. Always a student just not currently in a classroom.

New recruits - Vindex - 12-14-2013

Welcome to the RAT community Chris and Semih.

New recruits - Flavivs Aetivs - 12-14-2013

Quote:Hello.

I am Chris Stoesen. I am from Atlanta, GA.
I have always been interested in Rome. Their organization and discipline always fascinated me.
I am here to learn something.
I do not reenact but I am a wargamer and would like to see if I can translate some of what I am learning to a tabletop. Always a student just not currently in a classroom.

Welcome to the forums!

There are in fact re-enactment groups in your area. You should check out Legio XI Claudia, if you're interested in reenactment, who are based out of Athens, GA.

Tom Knighton has a group of up-and-coming Romano British in Atlanta as well.

New recruits - Casca0331 - 12-15-2013

Salve, RAT!

I am a 30 year old Marine Corps veteran with a growing interest in Roman history, specifically the era of Julius Caesar and Augustus. My curiosity in Ancient Rome was sparked when I first read Barry Sadler's "The Eternal Mercenary" on my first deployment in 2003. Along with encouraging me to delve deeper into the Roman era, the book also lends hand to my username.

While my interest for the Romans had taken a back seat recently, I was pleased to find myself immersed into the work of R.W. Peake, a fellow Marine. His novel series "Marching With Caesar" struck a personal chord for me, having made three deployments to Iraq. I am here at RAT to further my knowledge of Latin, as well as the Romans and their history, specifically the men of the Legions.

While I do not currently reenact, I have high hopes for a future in it, with this forum's help. I'm looking forward to the depths of knowledge that I can browse on this forum - thank you all!

New recruits - Flavivs Aetivs - 12-15-2013

Welcome to the Forums!

Might I ask you put your first name in your signature? It is a forum rule.

You do not have to put your last name or change your username.

Thank You,
MMFA