RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

New recruits - Anton Gladchenko - 08-24-2014

Hi, evereyone!

- where are you from?

Saint-Petersburg, Russia

- how'd you become interested in Rome?

I've been interested in Rome for 5 years. I can't remeber why. My main interest in history used to be a crusades era. But then I prefered Ancient History and Viking history. Now, it's my main interest in history.

- why are you here?

I'd been reading RAT for 3 years. For reviews on history books and interesting discussions.

- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?

No, for me history is only hobby. I'am interested in re-enact. But only as a viewer of festivals (at that moment).

All the best,

Anton

New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 08-24-2014

Welcome Anton!

New recruits - Ross Bridgehouse - 08-30-2014

Hi guys thanks for letting me join your group. I just finished reading Christian Camerons Killer of Men last night and this forum was mentioned in the acknowledgements. Ive never been part of a forum before so bare with me if it takes me a while to get used to the workings. I am not a professional in history but just a 31 year old carpenter from Australia who has a deep interest in ancient Rome and ancient Roman warfare. I discovered an interest about 6 or 7 years ago, I cant really remember how exactly but remember being curious how the Romans were so efficient in battle and from there just craved more and more information. I probably dont have much to offer to the topics but am happy to just linger here in the background and soak up the information. I don't participate in any reenactments but have recently turned my hand to replicating equipment (more for display purposes and the enjoyment of it than anything else) I am about half way through a scutum and just starting on a pilum ,so if anyone has any advise or historical accuracies that may be useful it would be much appreciated. I dont know anyone who shares my interest so I look forward to chatting with you guys and picking your brains.
Have fun
Ross

New recruits - Andrea Riva - 09-19-2014

Hi guys

- where are you from?
Milan, Italy

- how'd you become interested in Rome?
Since i was a young boy i always liked to visit ancient rome archeological sites and so i begun to read everything about this era..

- why are you here?
Because i'd like to deepen military side of ancient rome, especially about tactics and strategies (but also ranks, recruitments and so on..)

- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?
no, i don't re-enact.. and yes, i'm a student of ancient-medieval history

I hope to enjoy my time here, and improve my english too.. thanks
Andrea
P.S.
for people outside Italy.. i'm a boy! Wink

New recruits - Vindex - 09-19-2014

Welcome Andrea and thank you for introducing yourself .

You should fit in perfectly and find lots to keep you interested.

New recruits - Vindex - 09-19-2014

Welcome Ross - there's something for everyone in this forum so don't be afraid to join the debate. Lurking is ok too, but it is more fun to engage, question, query and comment Smile

New recruits - Stragin Brittanicus - 10-21-2014

I am Darcy Posein. I live in Alberta Canada. I am a member of the SCA and one of the, now many, folks that are doing a Roman persona. My Roman name is a bastardisation as it is impossible to lose the name Stragin as I have been playing it for 24 odd years. Thanks for letting me join up.

New recruits - Julius Argicius Arborius - 11-05-2014

SALVE .

I live in the south of France ( pyrénées orientales . )
My interest centers are the Roman army in general .and in particular auxiliaries units ( 100 bc - ad 200 )

I am here to learn !
I m re-enactor .

Thanks for add !

fortitudinem , et honorem,

New recruits - Logarythmus - 01-15-2015

Hi all

I'm Pascal, I'm leaving in the suburb of paris.

My interests lies in the late Roman Empire so far, but I'm also curious about Rome's greater and smaller foes, economic problems of ancient times and all related to roman army in general.

Four years ago I fell on a copy of the Notitia Dignitatum, I was caught by the multiple aspects the text could offer and fascinated by all the names of the different units. I decided so to put it on Excel and try to find some concordance. I'm still on it today….

I'm not a re-enactor, I have to share my time with my family and my other hobbies...

thank you

New recruits - Vindex - 01-15-2015

Hello - welcome to RAT. I hope you find lots to interest you and contribute to.

With my Moderator's hat on, may I please ask you to add your proper name to the footer of your profile please?

Many thanks

Quote:SALVE .

I live in the south of France ( pyrénées orientales . )
My interest centers are the Roman army in general .and in particular auxiliaries units ( 100 bc - ad 200 )

I am here to learn !
I m re-enactor .

Thanks for add !

fortitudinem , et honorem,

Hello - welcome to RAT. Auxillaries are debated at all levels and I am sure you'll find plenty to interest you and hopefully feel you can contribute to as well.

With my Moderator's hat on, may I please ask you to add your proper name to the footer of your profile please?

Many thanks

Quote:Hi all

I'm Pascal, I'm leaving in the suburb of paris.

My interests lies in the late Roman Empire so far, but I'm also curious about Rome's greater and smaller foes, economic problems of ancient times and all related to roman army in general.

Four years ago I fell on a copy of the Notitia Dignitatum, I was caught by the multiple aspects of this text could offer and fascinated by all the names of the difference units. I decided so to put it on Excel and try to find some concordance. I'm still on it today….

I'm not a re-enactor, I have to share my time with my family and my others hobbies...

thank you

Hello - welcome to RAT. You'll find this a very energetic area for discussing all aspects of Late Roman history.

With my Moderator's hat on, may I please ask you to add your full proper name to the footer of your profile please?

Many thanks

New recruits - Kogwar - 01-15-2015

Salve
I am currently situated in Washington State U.S.A

I first got interested in Rome when i was younger watching the history channel and then when i got to see some ruins and talk with some reenactors on a trip to the UK. In addition I have of late been looking at purchasing roman military gear though so far I only have the helmet and a good scutum.

I am interested in Rome in general but mainly the early republic to early empire though i have always taken a specific interest in the general function and life of a legionary, though i have lately been looking at the world just after the "fall" of the western empire.

I am here to learn all i can as i have run into this board multiple times just doing google searches about Rome and have found the thread very informative each time.

Vale

New recruits - Vindex - 01-16-2015

Hello and welcome to the Forum. I am sure you'll find plenty to keep you amused.

Can I also ask you to comply with the Forum rules add your full name to the footer of your posts - thank you

New recruits - Czear12 - 01-16-2015

I am from Alaska
I got interested in Rome when I started reading books by R.W peake