RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

New recruits - Czear12 - 01-16-2015

I am from Alaska
I got interested in Rome when I started reading books by R.W peake and got really interested
I am here because i want to be with a community that shared the same intiresting as me

New recruits - Czear12 - 01-16-2015

I am from Alaska

I got interested in Rome (specifically the legions) when I started reading the books by R.W Peake

I'm here because I want to be in a community where people share common interests

Re: New recruits - Scipio Second - 01-16-2015

Marivs,

Just curious, where in the great State of Texas do you hang your armor?

Petrus Augustinus
(Pierre Kleff)

Re: New recruits - Scipio Second - 01-16-2015

Where are you from?
I reside in Central Texas, USA.

How'd you become interested in Rome?
I have had an abiding interest in the history of the Roman Empire for my entire life. With raising a family and furthering my career as an attorney, military officer, and academic, there was little time for me to devote to this interest. Now that I am semi-retired, more time is available to me.

Why are you here?
I find discussion of Roman history on RAT in its multiple facets, especially military, to be intelligent (generally) and informative. I am always interested in furthering my knowledge.

Do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?
I am both an academic and a re-enactor. As an academic I have been teaching for over three decades. This spring I will add another MA (history) to my CV. As a re-enactor I am active in both Nova Roma and Byzantium Novum, and hold positions in both. Additionally I am one of the founders of Legio XIII Gemina (Nova Roma), which is located in Texas.

Re: New recruits - Vindex - 01-18-2015

HAVING POSTED AND NOW SENT SEVERAL PERSONAL MESSAGES MAY I PLEASE ASK ALL NEW MEMBERS TO PUT THEIR PROPER, FULL NAME ON THE FOOTER OF THEIR POSTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH FORUM RULES.

I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CHASE PEOPLE SO EARLY IN THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS BOARD

THANK YOU

New recruits - V.Lurco - 01-22-2015

Hi everybody:

Im Javier (Voreno Lurco as nick name) a roman reenactor from Lucus Augusti (Lugo), in north western Spain. I start looking for roman info like 10 years ago, when in my city started a pseudo-roman festival to comemorate our roman past. I didnt know so much (yet) about romans, so i propably have a lot of fails in my equipment, but im triying to do my best. I came here with the intention of learn from this community to improve both my knowledge and my reenactor equipment.

Anticipated sorry about my english level, hope you can forgive it.

Cheers!

New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 01-23-2015

Welcom Noah and Javier. May you have much fun and many a fruitful discussion here.

New recruits - adpuk - 05-18-2015

Hi Guys
I,m Richard and live in Hull....are there any re enactment groups near me ?

New recruits - richsc - 05-18-2015

There has been a recent effort to map all the current groups by someone in the ESG over the past weeks. I know where it is on Facebook: is there a link here?

New recruits - adpuk - 05-19-2015

so do we know if thee are any groups in Yorkshire ?

New recruits - richsc - 05-19-2015

Got this from FB RAT

Legio VI Victrix Eboracum
[email protected]

They're located in York, if that'll help?

Also Comitatus is in that area

New recruits - Hocfutue - 05-21-2015

I'm a long-time reenactor, but only been researching Roman life in the last few months.

My main area of military interest is the company clerk--the unheralded, often anonymous, soldiers who handle the massive amounts of records and receipts that keep an army bred, fed, and led.

Not as sexy as the super-duper power troopers who get their own movies and action figures, but essential to the mission, nonetheless.

Learning a lot here, hope to be able to contribute.

Steve Pelikan
Issaquah, WA

New recruits - richsc - 05-21-2015

Welcome Steve! Have you read the Vindolanda tablets yet? There is a lot of Roman bureacracy in those, keeping the troops fed, watered, happy and busy.

New recruits - Hocfutue - 05-22-2015

They're fantastic. The scope of subjects is fascinating.
Haven't been able to make any of those thin wood pieces out of my shop scraps, though.

Steve Pelikan
WA

New recruits - Sextus Saturninus - 05-22-2015

Hello Steve and welcome to the forum.

I hold a position similar to a clerk, though I am officially a "Adiutrix" according to my Centurio since I am way to young to pass for a combat soldier.