RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Anonymous - 04-05-2005

Quote:Nope, not as far as I know. It'd be unlikely too that ezboard would provide services that'd help transfer their boards of their site, wouldn't it?

Well I doubt it would hurt for us to ask. Or at least ask them if it is possible to back up the threads so it could be put on a website. I do know though if we ever change from this board to another that you can back up the files and export them to another phpbb forum.

Re: New recruits - Praefectusclassis - 04-05-2005

Yup, and that's the difference, Ezboard prolly has their own system. Even if we did get a file with all the content, I wouldn't know how to add them in here.

Jasper

Re: New recruits - Nathan Ross - 04-06-2005

Hmm, just testing that this works okay...

Yep! Remarkable... Good to be back!

Re: New recruits - Aedon - 04-09-2005

Khairete, Avete, Hello, etc.

Although none of you probably care, Aedon=Spatha190

It is nice to be in the new forum, with a new identity.
I changed my name mostly because I feel I know considerably more now than I did when I registered as Spatha190. Thank you all for leading me out of the dark and into the dim light. Smile

Khairete, Valete, Goodbye, etc.

-Aedon

Re: New recruits - Kate Gilliver - 04-14-2005

Hi
I've been visiting v1 for ages and the arrival of v2 encouraged me to join up formally. I'm looking forward to the new version being as interesting & informative as the old - it's one of the few web sites I actually recommend to my undergraduates!
cheers

Re: New recruits - Praefectusclassis - 04-14-2005

Dear Dr.Gilliver,
You are very welcome to RAT! Hopefully you may be tempted to add a more academic perspective to some of the discussions going on in this forum.
And on behalf of the team, we are certainly dedicated to making RAT v2 (and Romanarmy.com in its next incarnation) even more interesting and informative.

Re: New recruits - Anonymous - 04-14-2005

OK, jeeze. I just posted in the other NEW RECRUITS thread.

Jasper, you want I should make an introduction here, too?

Tongue

I'm MARIVS, and I live in Texas. I used to live in San Diego, and back then I went by the name CASCA. I've been into Roman history longer than I can remember. I was a member of Roman Army Talk way, way back, but I just recently dropped back in.

What else was I going to say?

HOLLAND RULES!!!

That wasn't it, but it felt good to type it.

Re: New recruits - Praefectusclassis - 04-14-2005

And I AGREE!
Besides, in the case of RAT v2, there's a semblance of truth to that statement.

Re: New recruits - Gaius Opius Fugi - 04-14-2005

Quote:- where are you from?
- how'd you become interested in Rome?
- why are you here?
- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?

My name is Adam Cripps. Still working on a Roman name, and thinking of going with Gaius Opius Fugi. I'm from Florida. Always had an interest in ancient history, though just recently I've decided to put together living history impressions for the ancient periods. I'm also a highschool student.

Re: New recruits - Jeroen Pelgrom - 04-15-2005

Welcome Adam to RAT, make yourself at home here!

Thanks! - Gaius Opius Fugi - 04-15-2005

Thanks! I can see it is the place to be for all things Greek and Roman, so I'm sure I'll love it. Have a few questions I'll probably get around to asking here soon, but since I have to get off to school right now, this isn't the time. Thanks for the welcome.

Cheers,

Re: New recruits - dniles - 04-30-2005

Hi,

-I'm from KS, USA
-I became interested in Rome the first time my dad introduced me to tactical simulation wargames, when i was 13. (I am now 33).
-I would love to re-enact, but i don't know of any groups in Kansas.

Re: New recruits - Muzzaguchi - 04-30-2005

Welcome to Rat Don. Ahh tirty tree .. the best age Tongue

Cheers

Murray

Re: New recruits - FAVENTIANVS - 05-01-2005

Welcome Don!

If there's no re-enactment group in Kansas, make it your self! And make a non common time period if you have no favorite one yet...

Good luck!

Re: New recruits - Octavianvs - 05-02-2005

Welcome Don - enjoy the forum! Feel free to drop in anytime. The lights always on Smile .