RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Primitivus - 05-26-2006

Quote:I live in Virginia--for a few more weeks at least--then moving to Seattle (I'll miss the South terribly).
Welcome, Frank. I too have an undergrad degree in history. What will be bringing you to Seattle? That's my home, and coincidentally, I was there just this past weekend. My oldest son is finishing grad school there now, and my youngest son is in his senior year.

Re: New recruits - Primitivus - 05-26-2006

Quote:I have recently found Roman Army Talk as a result of some minor research I am doing both for personal interests and a homeschooling project. I live about 40 miles SW of Houston, Texas. I would love to find out if there are any in my area that are interested/involved in Roman history. I am married with one child and am a native born Texan.
Sharon, welcome. Spent a couple years in Texas during the eighties... assigned to Reese AFB, outside of Lubbock. We homeschooled too, while stationed in Guam. You'll love the community here.

Re: New recruits - hephestus - 05-26-2006

Salvete, it compliments for yours interesting web site. My interest is the reconstruction of ancient arms. Hephestus
www.hephestus.it

Re: New recruits - Jeroen Pelgrom - 05-26-2006

Hi Hephestus,

welcome to RAT! Don't forget to put your first real name in your signature (RAT rules).

Re: New recruits - hephestus - 05-26-2006

Sorry, i make it endured.
Vale

Hephestus
www.hephestus.it

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 05-26-2006

Well, so far you haven't?

Arms - Primitivus - 05-26-2006

Quote:My interest is the reconstruction of ancient arms.
Welcome. You won't find a more authoritative community in this regard anywhere on the planet.

Re: Arms - CYL - 05-27-2006

Quote:
hephestus:34ys86fi Wrote:My interest is the reconstruction of ancient arms.
Welcome. You won't find a more authoritative community in this regard anywhere on the planet.

Good, because that's exactly what I'm interested in too.

Hi, my name is George if you're my friend, Georgina if I'm in trouble, and I'm a post graduate experimental archaeology student in Exeter, in the UK.

I really wish I had found this board at this point last year, when I was writing my undergraduate dissertation on Roman Artillery, but for all the hours I spent trawling the depths of the interweb for the salmon of knowledge, this site never once popped up.

I have you now, though. :wink:

Re: New recruits - Dan Diffendale - 05-28-2006

Welcome aboard, George!

I've been a fan of experimental archaeology since a turn with ceramics and flint-knapping in high school...
I'd say you've stumbled upon a veritable school of knowledgable salmon, and some salmon of doubt to boot.

Re: New recruits - CYL - 05-28-2006

Hurrah for intelligent fish!

Re: New recruits - Tarbicus - 05-28-2006

Quote:and some salmon of doubt to boot.
That would be I, I'll bet.

[Image: fishhook.jpg]

Re: Arms - hephestus - 05-29-2006

Quote:Welcome. You won't find a more authoritative community in this regard anywhere on the planet.

Avete,
I know sure that in this place we will find the answers to our questions. thanks

Re: New recruits - Titus Martius - 05-29-2006

Hi all!
I am on this forum for a few months and I still have not introduced myself.

I am student of grammar school and surprisingly Big Grin I'm deeply interested in Roman history (despite I live just few km from prehistoric settlement of mammoth hunters).

I wish to study a history at university.

I found this forum long time ago, but I joined recently. I consider this forum as a well with incredible wealth of informations. For me this forum is very valuable and helpful. My appreciations to webmasters and scholars. Most amazing for me is the opportunity to discuss with great people all around the world.

Thanks to RAT I got many recommended books, not to mention pretty good discount from Armae and Deepeeka to start assembling my first legionary kit, now I think the time is coming to join re-enactment...

Re: New recruits - Restitvtvs - 05-29-2006

Welcome Martin! And thank you for your many good posts to date. You've done well to add such value to RAT threads. Best regards, +r

Welcome - Primitivus - 05-29-2006

Quote:Thanks to RAT I got many recommended books, not to mention pretty good discount from Armae and Deepeeka to start assembling my first legionary kit, now I think the time is coming to join re-enactment...
A good library is a genuine treasure. And reenacting can be an extremely rewarding avocation.