RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Praefectusclassis - 06-11-2006

Hi Dan,
Good to have you back and thanks for the compliments for the site. It's really a community effort, which seems to work brilliantly here!

Welcome - Primitivus - 06-11-2006

Quote:I feel like I was born a couple milleniums too late. Im sure I would have joined the legions and probably died on a lonely frontier but I guarantee their would have been a few barbarians going with me.
I think many of us here feel the same... however, I don't mind living in an era with indoor plumbing (wait, the Romans had that!)... and antibiotics. Welcome.

HA! - sicarii sam - 06-13-2006

anti biotics are cool but I dont need indoor plumbing, I just step outside and use the bushes anyway lol. But Im always scanning for a possible ambush of barbarians.

Re: HA! - Cornelius Quintus - 06-13-2006

Quote:I just step outside and use the bushes anyway lol. But Im always scanning for a possible ambush of barbarians.

Ave Dan,

so simply don't use the am-bushes :lol: -by the way that will avoid annoying Barbarians like me... :wink: :lol:

profiles & stuff - claudia crisis - 06-16-2006

I noticed that this new forum gives a world map in the profile - presumably this is generated from the address that we give. I have tried several ways on this to put UK, or England, Great Britain, etc but whatever I do it still says I live in America.
Bit of a long way for me to go home for my tea.
Is there any way to fix this?

Hilary

Re: New recruits - Praefectusclassis - 06-16-2006

That map is only an indication of your timezone. Try setting that.

Re: New recruits - claudia crisis - 06-16-2006

So can you tell a thickie how you set the timezone then please?
Still cant figure it out.

Hilary :oops:

Ave - Rob Travis - 06-16-2006

My name is Rob Travis.
I recently completed a Phd in Archaeology at Univ Liverpool - Roman coal, mining, landscape use, etc
Also have MA Archaeology & BA Hons Graphic Design.
Spent many years as artist, graphic designer, book illustrator & archaeological illustrator before returning to study.
Lost count how many sites I've worked on as excavator over past 30+ years.

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 06-16-2006

Hi Rob!
Welcome to the forum.
May you have many interesting and worthwhile discussions here. And fun, of course.

Re: New recruits - Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs - 06-16-2006

Welcome,all new members.Always glad to see reenforcements.
I know you all will enjoy your time here.

Re: profiles & stuff - Primitivus - 06-17-2006

Quote:I have tried several ways on this to put UK, or England, Great Britain, etc but whatever I do it still says I live in America. Bit of a long way for me to go home for my tea.
Having lived in the UK, I can understand why you would find being consigned to the New World disappointing. Smile I assume by now you have that matter corrected. Welcome.

Welcome - Primitivus - 06-17-2006

Quote:My name is Richard Demas and I work and live in New York City. I have, since I can remember, had a fascination in Roman Military History. I would say the most apt description would be that i am roman military history enthusiast. I have an undergrad degree in History and Philosophy.
Welcome, Rich. There are quite a few of us hereabouts with undergrad degrees in History. There are quite a few doctors also, from whom I have learned a great deal.

Re: Ave - Primitivus - 06-17-2006

Quote:My name is Rob Travis.
I recently completed a Phd in Archaeology at Univ Liverpool - Roman coal, mining, landscape use, etc ...Lost count how many sites I've worked on as excavator over past 30+ years.
Welcome, Rob. I envy you the access to so many archaeological sites. I think that if I had been raised in Europe, I could quite possibly have become an archaeologist myself. Glad to have you joining us at RAT.
Rob

new recruit to rome - hoke - 06-18-2006

current C.W. reenacter, 57th Va. ANV

have pledged allegiance to legio VI Ferrata Fidelas Constans

and centurio justus longinus.

wanted to join the legions about ten years ago but couldn't connect
with anyone local to work with. looking forward to serving history in
another era.

Re: New recruits - Praefectusclassis - 06-18-2006

Claudia, go here to select the correct timezone.