RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Avatar - 08-01-2006

-where are you from?
Norway. Western Norway, a place called Tysvær to be exact.
- how'd you become interested in Rome?
I learned to read. :p No, seriously, I saw some of the movies and all as a kid, and grew steadily more interested. As I became older, I gradually began to look for more acuracy, and that lead me to the books.
- why are you here?
If you want the best, you ask the best. Besides, here it seems, I have found a place where I can get help, not ridicule.
- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?
A little of each. It's a hobby really. I also do LARP, with a group that demands propper materials et al(so no plastic or aluminum platemail). In addition I want to get a degree in history.

Re: New recruits - Jeroen Pelgrom - 08-01-2006

Welcome to RAT Avatar!

feel free to ask around. I love Norway, i was there last year.

Norwegian Romans - Primitivus - 08-01-2006

Welcome Tim. My grandfather immigrated to the U.S. from a small town near Bergen. Married a first generation Norwegian-American, so I'm half Norwegian myself. Good to have you join us here at RAT.

Re: New recruits - ~Praetoria~ - 08-02-2006

- where are you from?
I'm in Kenosha Wisconsin in the US
- how'd you become interested in Rome?
I've always been interested in my heritage, basically everything Italian, and especially the Roman Empire, because it was Italy's time of glory. I love the Imperial armies
- why are you here?
this is the first Roman forum I've ever seen, and I longed for people to talk with that understand what I'm talking about when I talk about ancient Rome.
- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?
no, I wish. it'd be a dream come true

Re: New recruits - Jeroen Pelgrom - 08-02-2006

welcome to RAT praetoria,

don't forget to put your real first name in your signature (forum rules).

yeah, I tried to get to it last night, but I was only on for about 10 minutes and then I had to go somewhere, so I'll do it now. and thanks for the welcome

Welcome, Praetoria - Primitivus - 08-02-2006

Quote:I longed for people to talk with that understand what I'm talking about when I talk about ancient Rome.
Good to have you join us. You'll find plenty of knowledgeable conversation here. In fact, don't be intimidated by their expertise... they gently help along the rest of us whose knowledge is still a bit lacking.

Quote:Good to have you join us. You'll find plenty of knowledgeable conversation here. In fact, don't be intimidated by their expertise... they gently help along the rest of us whose knowledge is still a bit lacking.
oh, I'm not intimidated by their expertice, I just know that I don't know much, and I've become more of a listener

Re: New recruits - Gwendolyn - 08-08-2006

Hi. I'm not totally new as I used to frequent RAT a few years back. In those days I was rekirts. Got the newsletter today and decided to come back because there's so much good information here. Big Grin

Wendy

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 08-08-2006

Rekirts! Of course - glad to have you back!

Wendy - Primitivus - 08-09-2006

Quote:Hi. I'm not totally new as I used to frequent RAT a few years back. In those days I was rekirts. Got the newsletter today and decided to come back because there's so much good information here.
Wendy
Welcome back, Gwendolyn. Yes, this is certainly a wonderful community. I've been more than impressed by the knowledge found here.

Re: New recruits - Jeroen Pelgrom - 08-09-2006

welcome back Wendy!

Re: New recruits - Fladius - 08-14-2006

Hello everyone, I'm new and all that stuff to this forum.

I'm originally from Shreveport, Louisiana, USA, but I'm currently stationed on this rock in the middle of the Pacific. I suppose Hawaii is that bad though.

I've been interested in Rome ever since I say the Fall of the Roman Empire years ago, and it just grew as I learned more about it through High School and such.

I'm here because I like to discuss and learn more about Ancient Rome.

No, I don't currently reenact(not much out here in Hawaii except maybe Polynesian.. hah) but I'm considering it when/if I'm ever stationed CONUS again.

Re: New recruits - Jeroen Pelgrom - 08-14-2006

Welcome to RAT, Flavius!

feel free to ask around.

also, could you please put your real (first) name in your signature (forum rules)!

Hi! - Legionare Vibius Atimoniu - 08-14-2006

Hi! All My name is Ben Hathaway I am 15 and live in Leoma Tennessee.
I have recently begin work on a novel revolving around rome. I have been doing some research and stumbled upon your site and was very intrigued. I have always been very interested in the romans and ancient warfare. I don't do any roman re-eanacting unless ou count playing war with your brothers with sticks in the front yard reenacting. I have done some civil war reenacting that is about all the reenactign they do around here in Tennessee. I hope you all don't mind me asking a lot of questions I probably will be to get info for my novel.
Forward the ranks and on to glory!