RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Screaming Eagle - 10-27-2006

Ave contubernalii! My name's Jack and I've been interested in Ancient Rome for years. I'm 15, from the UK and am thinking of getting into Roman reenacting. Looks like a great forum and it looks like I'll have a great time on here. Cheers, Jack

Re: New recruits - SOCL - 10-27-2006

Quote:Ave contubernalii! My name's Jack and I've been interested in Ancient Rome for years. I'm 15, from the UK and am thinking of getting into Roman reenacting. Looks like a great forum and it looks like I'll have a great time on here. Cheers, Jack
Welcome, Jack! Big Grin Good to see a prospective re-enactor. Not sure how far they are from you, but do a Google search for the Ermine Street Guard.

I'm interested more in the post Marian Republic period of the Roman army or the conquest of Britain (hence the II Augusta avatar). I'm pretty sure the former are pretty thin on the ground with respect to groups, but any advice would be great. And I'll look up the Ermine Street Guard, they're quite famous in the UK so I have considered them. Thanks

Re: New recruits - GALLA PLACIDIA - 10-27-2006

Welcome Jack!!!
Have never you taken part in the reenactment? Have you roman material?

I hope that you enjoy very much here in RAT!!!! :wink:

I've not got any kit as yet, it's a big financial outlay as I'm sure you're all aware, so I want to feel around a bit before I get involved

Welcome Jack - Primitivus - 10-29-2006

Quote:My name's Jack and I've been interested in Ancient Rome for years. I'm 15, from the UK...
Glad to have you joining us. One of the great things about being young is that you have your entire lifetime of growing and learning (about Rome) ahead of you!

Re: Gauis \'from abroad\'.... - Martin Wallgren - 10-30-2006

Quote:Hail, my friends..
i am Adrian and i am new to this wonderful forum. I hope i can both learn something and contribute...
I have been living in Sweden for nearly three years, and together with my good friend Martin ( Tjena Gubben!) Have formed a fledgling society based on Cohors IIII Dalmaticus. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Adrian

HELLLLUUUUUU!

Hur e läget, nu har jag sett dig här!

Just jibberish in swedish above.

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 10-30-2006

Quote:I'm interested more in the post Marian Republic period of the Roman army or the conquest of Britain (hence the II Augusta avatar).
Well, then why not become a member of Legio II Augusta? They're sort of Hampshire-based (but with members all over the UK and abroad), and as a former member of the legion I can tell you they're a nice bunch!

New to RAT - UTCenturion - 11-02-2006

Apparently this is a good page for introductions! My Roman Name is Sextus Galerius Dolabella. My real name is Robert Wear and I am Centurion of the new group LEGIO V ALAUDAE in Knoxville TN. I have been making Roman Gear for about 4 years now but I didn't have a serious group or really meet other reenactors (other than my Roman friends in Knoxville) until last year. Our group has about 8 reliable members and growing. I met Saul at Castra Romana about 2 weeks ago and hes a great guy. I hope to get to know as many fellow Romans as i can!

If you want to look at our website (possibly Link it to your own site) I would very much appreciate it!

[url:5oeke6tq]http://web.utk.edu/~cohprima[/url]

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 11-02-2006

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the forum!

Re: New recruits - Jeroen Pelgrom - 11-02-2006

welcome to the legions, Robert!

could you also place your name in your signature (Forum rules)

Welcome Robert - Primitivus - 11-02-2006

Quote:I have been making Roman Gear for about 4 years now but I didn't have a serious group or really meet other reenactors (other than my Roman friends in Knoxville) until last year.
An interesting hobby. I applaud your desire to be as historically accurate as possible. You will find a community here at RAT strongly devoted to the same principle.

Re: New recruits - UTCenturion - 11-02-2006

I think this has it fixed. Is this proper? I need to go over the rules again. I read them when i first joined, but then i didn't really post anything for about 4 months.

Re: New recruits - Praefectusclassis - 11-02-2006

That is fine Robert. Thanks!

Re: New recruits - Dan Diffendale - 11-02-2006

Howdy Robert, welcome to RAT.