RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Medusa Gladiatrix - 12-11-2006

Salve Rainer,

Quote:Hello everybody, salvete omnes!

After some time of silent reading I join you now (invited by Medusa).
Valete.

I recognized only today after receiving your PM on Antikefan-Forum that you registered here. As I've said already in my PM to you wish you a hearty welcome and hope that you'll like it here.

Re: New recruits - M.V.AGRIPPA - 12-13-2006

Ave

I have always been in to Roman history for as Long as I can remember. My love of it came to a head when I read The First Man in Rome and the Under The Eagle books. I just had to go out and learn about the real history behind the fiction. As to where am I from I was born in Tucson, AZ and still live here. Why am I here, well I just want someplace to discuss Roman history with other lovers of the Seven Hills.

Vale all.

Re: New recruits - Jeroen Pelgrom - 12-13-2006

Salve Edward,

Welcome to RAT!

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 12-13-2006

Hi Edward. Welcome to the forum. Any specialities?

Welcome Joseph - Primitivus - 12-15-2006

Quote:...however I've been away a long time and I believe this place moved again. But I feel glad to be back.
And we are glad to have you back!

Welcome Mike - Primitivus - 12-15-2006

Quote:...I began devouring every book on the subject that I could find, and was hooked. Now, I don't think I'll ever be able to stop...and certainly hope I never do.
Roman military history truly is fascinating, isn't it? Welcome to RAT.

Welcome Jon - Primitivus - 12-15-2006

Quote:Unfortunately there are no Roman groups in my area.
Not surprising there in the Dakotas! But, even left to our books (and our RAT community) we can still enjoy this unique historical era, can't we?

Welcome Agrippa - Primitivus - 12-15-2006

Quote:My love of it came to a head when I read The First Man in Rome and the Under The Eagle books. I just had to go out and learn about the real history behind the fiction.
Score another one for good fiction leading to an exploration of fact. Glad to have you as part of the RAT family.

New recruits - jonwr - 12-15-2006

Robert
The only groups around here are a couple of Dark Age "tribes " up in Minnesota. The rest are SCA or Buckskiners. Was going to put together a passable Scythian archer and go scare the locals.
Jonwr.

Re: New recruits - Fabianvs - 12-22-2006

Hi I'm new here

Always was into Rome, since was a kid. Watched lots of roman films when was a youngster hehe ^^. I love history especially classical era all of it. I'm from Malta one of the provinces of ancient Rome too Tongue )

salutatius

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 12-22-2006

Hi Fabien from Malta,

Welcome to the forum!

Re: New recruits - Fabianvs - 12-22-2006

Hi
thanks for for the homely welcome ^^ hehe

Welcome Fabianus - Primitivus - 12-23-2006

Quote:Always was into Rome, since was a kid. Watched lots of roman films when was a youngster hehe ^^. I love history especially classical era all of it. I'm from Malta one of the provinces of ancient Rome too Tongue
Malta, a land rich in history which I hope to someday visit. The defense during the 1565 Siege of Malta was one of the most heroic moments of human history.

Oh, by the way... to some of us older folks, an eighteen year old is still a "kid." Smile And I mean that in an "envious" way. Welcome.

Re: New recruits - Fabianvs - 12-24-2006

yes the seige did its part, in fact the seige is one of the most things which we give importance. hehe Smile

ah no worries at the kid thing, not offended. You know what...its not the age which makes a kid, its what he/she says is a kid Wink :p

Re: New recruits - T. Flavius - 12-24-2006

Hello all!

I'm fairly new here, have read a bit, and before I post my first question, I figured I'd say hi Smile

So, err... hi. Wink

I'm fairly new to anything that is more closely concerned with the Roman army, so forgive me if I ask stupid questions. Smile