RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Praefectusclassis - 01-30-2007

Welcome to RAT all! Make yourself at home and don't be afraid to join in the discussions!

Re: New recruits - Jeroen Pelgrom - 01-30-2007

Hi riccardo, welcome to RAT.

Re: New recruits - Gladius Hispaniensis - 01-30-2007

Ave
My first posting in this forum and warm regards and greetings to all forum members.
I have loved History since the age of 8 and still do but still consider myself a student. Look forward to a great learning experience here
All the best, Gladius Hispaniensis

Re: New recruits - Jeroen Pelgrom - 01-30-2007

Salve Gladius Hispaniensis, welcome to RAT

Could you please put your real (first) name in your signature, forum rules.

Re: New recruits - Athena Areias - 01-30-2007

Kalispera!

I'm new, I'm here, and I'm heading over to the Greek pages. I have lurked as a guest for too long.

I'm working on an Athena re-enactment. I have a lot to learn. Ancient Hellas speaks to me. Someday I hope to learn why. For now, I will enjoy the ride!

Re: New recruits - aitor iriarte - 01-30-2007

Welcome to RAT, Cheryl!
Make yourself comfortable! Big Grin

Aitor

Welcome Peter - Primitivus - 01-30-2007

Quote:Being Italian-American I picked up a simple book on Roman history and got hooked.
I'm not Italian (more closely related to the Icelanders you are currently residing among) but I too am hooked on Roman history. Welcome.

Welcome Joanne - Primitivus - 01-30-2007

Quote:My fiance, Ratty has already posted a couple of times, but I was too shy at first
Glad to see you got over your shyness. Welcome aboard!

Welcome Alex - Primitivus - 01-30-2007

Quote:G'day from Melbourne, Oz. I'm interested in roman history and a war gamer.
G'day Alex. Hope you're enjoying your summer down there in the southern hemisphere!

Re: New recruits - L.D.H - 01-31-2007

My real name is Larry Hopp Jr.

- where are you from? Michigan-SW area

- how'd you become interested in Rome? Dont know really always had an interest in the world before things became lets say chaotic as they are today and such.... The Romans were an amazing people in the early days so much accomplished. Although recently my interest leans more towards the greeks right now. Big Grin

- why are you here? To learn what ever I can and if possible add to anothers quest for knowledge

- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..? Sticky question :? I do not re-enact nor am I a student atleast not of the history type. I do participate in the SCA-Society for Creative Anachronism.

Welcome Mike - Primitivus - 02-01-2007

Quote:A new recruit in the form of a Dutch bloke with a major interest in history (especially martial history), who stumbled onto this forum and just had to join!
Sometimes the most exciting discoveries we make in life are serendipitous. Glad to have you joining us.

Welcome Matt - Primitivus - 02-01-2007

Quote:My current area of interest is the late roman army (3rd - 5th century mainly) plus late and sub-roman britain.
I share your particular areas of interest. You'll find much to enjoy here at RAT.

New Recruit - Geoffrey - 02-02-2007

Greetings everyone!

A few years ago I received a copy of Livy The Early History Of Rome…..I couldn’t put it down. This prompted me to take a classics class at OSU where I was exposed to the literal works of Virgil, Seneca, Terence, and Sallust. I am currently reading Polybius to learn more about the Punic Wars. My goal here is to learn more about the lives of the legionaries during one of their many campaigns, from hostilities to pure boredom. As for reenacting, this is somewhat foreign to me, however I am currently putting together a uniform starting with one of the basic components….the tunic.

Geoff.

Re: New recruits - Jeroen Pelgrom - 02-05-2007

Salve Geoffrey, welcome to RAT!

Re: New recruits - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 02-05-2007

Welcome, Geoff!

Nice avatar!