RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Christophorus Rubrum - 02-05-2007

Salve, Welcome Légionnaire :wink:

Re: New recruits - AthenaK - 02-05-2007

Hi!

My name is Athena (isn't that ironic?) and I have been interested in classical history since I read the works of Homer in the 8th grade. I am currently trying to work my way through college with a focus on Literature. I have been recently watching a very cinematic series concerning Imperial Rome that was produced by the BBC, and that is what spurred me to get online and see what everyone had to say about it.

Glad to be here!

-Athena Kendall

Re: New recruits - Praefectusclassis - 02-05-2007

Hi Athena,
Welcome on board!

Welcome Christophe - Primitivus - 02-06-2007

Quote:As lot of little French, my vision of Roman Legion was during long time through Asterix Comics :roll: :oops:
Does that mean that you viewed Romans as the "bad guys"? How terrible. Well, it's nice to see that you've seen the proverbial light. Welcome.

Welcome Katarzyna - Primitivus - 02-06-2007

Quote:I'm not a legion member. But sometimes I'm drinking wine with Romans
Beware... Not all Romans are trustworthy!!! It's nice to have you joining us at RAT.

Welcome Katarzyna Klimas - Primitivus - 02-06-2007

Quote:I'm not a Legion member, either.
Actually, I'm from the same group, Celtica, as Faerienn is.
And welcome to you, as well. As I warned your "sister," beware of Romans bearing gifts. More than one has taken advantage of a Celtic maiden. Well, not here at RAT, of course... Smile

Welcome Richard - Primitivus - 02-06-2007

Quote:I am an American living in the UK, and whilst interested in Roman military history for years finally getting around to doing some Roman re-enactment. I have dabbled in other periods, both here and back in the States.
Was the American Civil War one of the periods you dabbled in? Union or Confederate? I'll be curious to hear what Roman era you choose to focus on.

Welcome Stephen - Primitivus - 02-06-2007

Quote:- where are you from?
Michigan, near the post-apocalyptic urban wasteland of Detroit
That would be hilarious, were it not so disturbingly suggestive of the truth. I think you'll enjoy the community here at RAT. Lots of accurate knowledge and a very hospitable population.

Re: New recruits - Richard Wynne - 02-06-2007

Robert, I did the research and got the kit for a Texas impression. Being from New York originally...I guess that would make me a copperhead. I never actively participated though as my girlfriend came along and suddenly I just didnt have enough spare time, hence the decision for us to do something we would both enjoy. Roman for me, Briton for her.

Welcome to the other new folks, who like myself stumbled onto this forum. First impressions are lasting impressions and I like what I see here so far!

Re: New recruits - Dan Diffendale - 02-06-2007

Welcome aboard everybody!

Re: New recruits - sulla felix - 02-07-2007

Hi All,

Apologies but this is not my first post - I got so caught up in some of the excellent threads going on all over the forum that I forgot to introduce myself:

I am currently based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

I have been obsessed with the Romans (according to my wife!) for the last 15 or so years, and many times have been tempted to join a group like ESG, but just never seemed to get the time.

I am now working on re-constructions of some early 1st century AD equipment, the first of which is a scutum having been inspired by the many excellent pieces of work I see on the board here. The aim is to be able to post a picture of my impression of a Roman Legionary in the desert here!

Looking forward to more inspiration and informed debate!

Re: New recruits - Aneirin - 02-07-2007

Failte,
I'm also from the Celtica Association that is based in Poland. Even though it can surprise some of you, my name is not Katarzyna, but Michal.Big Grin
As a Celt I am an enemy of the Romans (but only during re-enactment of the fights, because later it is often so that we party together and we have a whale of a time).Big Grin When I don't fight, I work in leather, producing shoes, belts, leather bags, travelling bags as well as wineskins. Basically, I make in leather anything that one could.

greets for all

--
Michal Fludzinski vel Aneirin Bard

Re: New recruits - Historicula - 02-11-2007

Salvete!

I’m from Virginia, U.S. and became interested in Rome through studying Latin and reading Paul L. Anderson’s “Roman Life and Timesâ€

Re: New recruits - Praefectusclassis - 02-11-2007

Welcome!
Historicula: great ambitions there. Excellent! There is a number of PhD wannabe's (and a few havers) here who can share the experience.

Welcome Riccardo - Primitivus - 02-11-2007

Quote:hello everyone.
my name is riccardo taruffi - Parma - Italy.
i'm na newby in roman reenactment (i usually live in 1200 dc... Smile ), but i want to try this new (... for me ...) era.
While the more primitive eras may have their own attractions, it's good to see you've decided to evolve into a more "contemporary" period (which some actually consider to be the height of human civilization).