RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Welcome Jennifer - Primitivus - 03-10-2007

Quote:Currently due to my work and school schedule I spend less time in garb and more time studying or researching.
There are seasons for different emphases in our lives... and studying can only improve the significance of one's reenacting. Glad to have you joining us at RAT.

Welcome Stilicho - Primitivus - 03-10-2007

Quote:...i reside in the USA.
...and not just any part of the USA... in the heartland state of Oklahoma. My oldest son was born during 1979 when we spent a year in Tulsa. Welcome to RAT.

Re: New recruits - Wes - 03-11-2007

I too, add my apology!! Where are all of the normal people seeking to re-create life from 2000 years ago?????

Welcome Carlo - Primitivus - 03-11-2007

Quote:(history-buff since birth)
I started early myself, but I'm not sure if I could quite claim that! Smile I'm sure you'll enjoy this friendly and informed community.

Welcome Wes - Primitivus - 03-11-2007

Quote:I live just outside of St. Louis, Missouri. I have been a long time French and Indian and Revolutionary War re-enactor, but have always been interested in Medieval and Ancient Roman eras. I got recruited by a friend who is with AD43.....looks like its going to be a great time. Now to sell all of my stuff for the 42nd Highland regiment and get some Roman stuff.
Just moved to CA from across the river there at Scott AFB. 18th century reenactment must have been fun... but I suspect you'll enjoy this even more.

Re: New recruits - Steve Lenz - 03-15-2007

Hi, my name is Steve.

I´m swiss but live in Munich and my historic preferences set more in the late paleolithic, bronze- (south german urnfield culture) and early ironage (hallstatt culture).

My hobby/ work is to make replicas from artefacts of this times. My topic job is to make 3 aspis-shields and so i fall in love with some ancient greek hardware. (Sorry romans! :roll: )

In Munich i only live a few blocks away from the Glyptothek (huge collections of ceramics and statues from Greece), the Archaeologische Staatssammlung (with a lot of roman stuff, but each visit i need more times in the other collections) and the University of Munich Historicums library (i am no student, but i may visit it because i enjoy some profs confidence).

I hope i can help in some discussion!

Re: New recruits - Publius Aelius Lucius - 03-15-2007

Hi Steve Big Grin

Welcome (in der lebendigen Geschichtsdarstellung :wink: )

Welcome Xavier - Primitivus - 03-15-2007

Quote:I'm a computer wargame developer inside Hyperborea Studios, and our first project is the creation of a game related to ancient naval warfare
Very interesting. Glad to have you joining the RAT community.

Welcome Steven - Primitivus - 03-15-2007

Quote:I would call myself an amateur reenactor who tries his best to look professional.
A worthwhile goal... glad to see such a young guy getting a strong start in this rewarding pursuit. Keep it up.

Welcome Laurie - Primitivus - 03-15-2007

Quote:Ever since I can remember, I have always been interested in Ancient history. Beginning in the early 50s watching all those great Hollywood Historical Epics up on the Big Screen.
Ditto. Sounds like you bring a wealth of experience to RAT. It's great having you here to share with us.

Welcome Anthony - Primitivus - 03-16-2007

Quote:I so yearn to wear the uniform of a legionnaire.
May you become a legionary soon! Welcome.

Welcome Monika - Primitivus - 03-16-2007

Quote:So in search of further answers I can come to you!
You've certainly come to the right place. This community is absolutely teeming with Roman scholars! Smile

Re: New recruits - Roma Invictus - 03-17-2007

salve! lol.
greetings all, I honestly didn't think there was a forum like this on the net. but now I know you can truly find anything on the net

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 03-17-2007

Welcome Roma.

Please enter your real name into your signature - a forum rule.

Greetings! - Gaius Quintis Flavius - 03-17-2007

Salvete!

Mihi Nomen Est, Gaius Quintis Flavius (Or just Sam Tongue ).

I am from San Antonio, Texas(United States). My intrest in Ancient Rome came from a combination of World History and Latin Class (in school). I came here for intrest in joining/creating a Roman Unit where I am located, also for various cultural readings. I am currently a Junior (11th Grade) in High School.

Thanks for your time and activation!
-Sam