RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Marcus Hortensius Castus - 05-30-2007

Hi all, my name is Kyle, I am a draftsman at a civil engineering firm in New Mexico. I am an "un-educated" history buff, i.e. no degree in history, rather a self taught historian. I am putting together an ancient history summer camp for local home school families and found this to be a GREAT resource!

New Guy - codekeyguy - 05-31-2007

Just introducing myself. Not a re-enactor, but a collector of Roman coins, mostly of the 2nd thru 4th century. I usually like uncleaned coins, for the "thrill of the hunt" so to speak. Have always enjoyed Roman History, ever since my HS days( Brother William, The Gallic Wars, etc). The History series "Rome" rekindled my interest.
Dennis Skea
Poughkeepsie, NY

Re: New recruits - Titus Publius Saturninus - 05-31-2007

SALVE!!

Kyle and Dennis!

Welcome home to RAT! You need/want Roman you got it ALL here! Big Grin

Wishing you all the very best!

Vale :wink:

Rick

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 05-31-2007

Hi Kyle and Dennis,

Welcome to the forum.
Could you both please add your real name to your signature? That's a forum rule.

Re: New recruits - David Cerdán - 06-01-2007

Hello, my name´s David, I´m from Zaragoza (Spain). I have the bachelor´s degree in History. I am really interested in ancient and medieval history, and of course in warfare. Congratulations on the new magazine, the free brochure is really nice. I am eager to see the first issue. :wink:

Re: New recruits - le Cavalier Invisible - 06-01-2007

Welcome david!
no offence :wink:
Quote:could you also put your (first) real name in your signature - forum rules.

hope you'll have a nice time!

Welcome Mark - Primitivus - 06-01-2007

Quote:i have previously existed on the old version of the forum (before Jasper turned it into the Elysium that it is today, well done!!
Yes, we all owe a great deal to Jasper and the gifted team which created this Roman heaven on earth.

Welcome Sonny - Primitivus - 06-01-2007

Quote:In recent years I have had the opportunity to work abroad at the University in Leipzig, Germany. In that period of working abroad, my interest in particular to Roman History was prompted by searching and visiting ancient burial sites and museums.
I loved my own time in Europe, with direct access to all of those amazing sites and artifacts.

Quote:My interest in history is not only limited to this period of time, but also through the latter centuries of America's struggle to maintain its unification (American Civil War).
If you're interested, I have a website dedicated to the regiment in which my great-grandfather served, the Fifth Iowa Cavalry.

Welcome David - Primitivus - 06-01-2007

Quote:There is really a need for this
VIA MEDIA between the academic world and the world of reenactors, gamers, et alii.
Yes, it's an invaluable community. But you'll also see that there is no shortage of individuals here at RAT whose bona fide academic credentials are quite evident in their posts.

Welcome Javier - Primitivus - 06-01-2007

Quote:Well, I'm happy to be here, I will learn a lot of things!
I can most certainly affirm that from my own experience! Welcome.

Well it\'s my turn now ! - zouaverifle - 06-05-2007

Hello Gent's.

First, please be patient about my poor english : I am better reader than writer ! (like a lot of people in France !)
Well, 43 years old, 3 beautiful girls (19, 15 and...2 :? wink: second wedding...), I am a sales manager, military reserve (gendarmerie) and I have a big interest for Roman time, medieval, archery, etc...
This site is full of very interesting articles and very sympathic people so, please, leave me coming inside your wonderful tribe !

I am living to Lyon in France and take time (not easy between my job and my family) to use my detector for searching roman coins and others.
Regards
ZR

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 06-05-2007

Hello Herve,

Welcome to our tribe, and don't hesitate asking questions - we don't mind bad English at all. :wink:

Just one thing, can you add your real name to your signature? It's a forum rule.

Re: New recruits - zouaverifle - 06-06-2007

Hello Vortigern
Thanks for welcome, I hope my real name is on now !

ZR

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 06-06-2007

It is, thanks!

Welcome Phil - Primitivus - 06-06-2007

Quote:Welcome aboard. I joined about a month ago and just wish I had done it sooner.

Phil Sidnell
Better "late" than never. Glad to have you here.