RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Welcome Aedinius - Primitivus - 06-06-2007

Another citizen of the Republic of Texas joins RAT...

Welcome Matt - Primitivus - 06-06-2007

Quote:I'm looking to create a Triarii impression. Mainly due to the fact I'm too old for a Hastati :lol:
Ah, you're not the only one. Just turned 53 this week...

Welcome Kyle - Primitivus - 06-06-2007

Quote:I am putting together an ancient history summer camp for local home school families and found this to be a GREAT resource!
Sounds like a great project!

Welcome Dennis - Primitivus - 06-06-2007

Quote:Not a re-enactor, but a collector of Roman coins, mostly of the 2nd thru 4th century.
I collect Constantinian bronzes myself. There are a number of numismatists here at RAT.

Welcome David - Primitivus - 06-06-2007

Quote:I am really interested in ancient and medieval history, and of course in warfare.
Alas, warfare does constitute the most fascinating part of human history, doesn't it?

Welcome Herve - Primitivus - 06-06-2007

Quote:First, please be patient about my poor english
Bi-lingual people need never apologize for their second language, in my opinion. Glad to have you joining the RAT family.

Re: New recruits - Et tu brute - 06-06-2007

I agree, the fact they try is is all that matters Smile

Re: New recruits - Praefectusclassis - 06-06-2007

Exactly, so when are all you native speakers going to learn a second language? Shall we change RAT's official language? Any proposals? :wink: :wink:

And in the meantime, a hearty welcome to all newcomers of late!

Re: New recruits - Marcus Mummius - 06-06-2007

Quote:Exactly, so when are all you native speakers going to learn a second language? Shall we change RAT's official language? Any proposals? :wink: :wink:

And in the meantime, a hearty welcome to all newcomers of late!

Dutch I could live with :wink:

Welcome all!

No! Tongue That'd be the end of RAT for me, i'm learning German but i'm absolutely terribele...

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 06-06-2007

Quote:No! Tongue That'd be the end of RAT for me, i'm learning German but i'm absolutely terribele...

Römische Armee Sprache? Big Grin

What do you mean, Latin? This is how bad I am, I had to use a translater to be certain what that said Tongue though I do have an excuse though, as I haven't been in a German lesson for over 6 months (been ill) and i'm only just starting to do some Germam again.

A New Language - Primitivus - 06-07-2007

Quote:Exactly, so when are all you native speakers going to learn a second language? Shall we change RAT's official language? Any proposals? :wink: :wink:
I was afraid someone might suggest something like that. Most of us Americans struggle with second languages. I studied Spanish in Junior High, and considered it challenging. Studied Latin in High School and realized how simple Spanish was. In college I took a year of Greek and recognized that Latin wasn't all that difficult. Then, at seminary, I was immersed in Hebrew and reflected on how simple Greek was.

All told, I've studied a lot of "foreign" language only to realize I don't have a particular aptitude for such pursuits...

Hello RAT Pack! - Ricktavius - 06-07-2007

I'm the newest member of the board, so thought I'd introduce myself. My name's Rick, I'll go by Ricktavius on this board (original, huh?). I'll probably be more of a lurker than a poster, at least initially. Roman is really not my expertise. I've mainly been an American Revolutionary and Civil War historian and reenactor, but a year ago I got stationed in Germany (US Air Force), and after visiting a few sites in Europe my itch to learn more about the Roman Empire finally made me take the leap. I'm also developing an interest in the Crusader/Knight era.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome, there is a lot of info on this board and the old RAT board I'll be reading up on, I'll try not to ask too many stupid questions!

Rick Rachal

Re: New recruits - Et tu brute - 06-07-2007

Hey, welcome to the forums, don't be afraid to ask questions Smile