RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Ludens - 06-08-2007

Quote:Looks good, Jo! One of the things I envy as a "late roman" is your "flavian" guys with a Lorica Segmentata, looks simply smashing!

!

Then you'll love this one of my first public historical event in Maaseik (Belgium) with Legio XI (Marcus Mummius is also in that re-enactorgroup) :wink:

www.museamaaseik.be/EA/nl/foto.php?album=20070422_legioen&id=12[/img]

round table - brennivs - tony drake - 06-08-2007

Ricktavivs welcome to RAT there is no such thing as stupid questions only honest answers thats what everyone is here for so enjoy Big Grin
Regards Brennivs Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Lucius Domitius - 06-09-2007

Hi everyone, My name is Andy Kennedy, and i'm extremely interested in Egyptian to Roman-era history. I came across this site looking for information regarding costuming and designing authentic clothing from the era using all the authentic materials.
I am very learned in the history regarding Rome from its founding to its fall, and would really look forward to talking to anyone with information on where I can get the custom tailoring done or how to do it myself.

Thanks Big Grin

Greetings - richsc - 06-10-2007

Salve Andy, in addition to RAT, it looks like you're in Virginia: if you're near the DC area you're close to us Legio XX folks. You're entirely welcome at one of our monthly fabrica.
You just missed Roman Days, which was a great success (photos in the thread in Events). Feel free to PM or email me or Matt Amt.

Re: Greetings - Lucius Domitius - 06-10-2007

Quote:Salve Andy, in addition to RAT, it looks like you're in Virginia: if you're near the DC area you're close to us Legio XX folks. You're entirely welcome at one of our monthly fabrica.
You just missed Roman Days, which was a great success (photos in the thread in Events). Feel free to PM or email me or Matt Amt.
OMG I TOTALLY LIVE IN ALEXANDRIA!!! Yes, I am most interested. PM me the details, will you? Big Grin
Better yet, I shall pm you. Sorry, i'm excited
I am also a bit suprised to see someone active here from Virginia :lol:

Re: New recruits - sonic - 06-10-2007

Hi there

I'm new to the idea of these forums, so if I make any mistakes you'll have to forgive me - I'll do my best not to make the same one twice! :oops:

I always answer to the nickname I got in University, which is Sonic, but my real name's Ian (Hughes).

I know a little bit about Roman History, having an MA in the subject, but it was a long time ago and very far away....

I am really looking forward to taking part in the forum and hope to learn lots!

Ian (Sonic) Hughes

Re: New recruits - Et tu brute - 06-10-2007

I'd imagine you will learn loads, I joined as a complete novice, and i've learned stacks since I joined, i'm still no where near most of the other guys and girls on the forum, but that just means I keep on learing Big Grin D

Welcome Rick - Primitivus - 06-11-2007

Quote:...but a year ago I got stationed in Germany (US Air Force), and after visiting a few sites in Europe my itch to learn more about the Roman Empire finally made me take the leap.
I had a similar experience when stationed in England. Being able to actually visit sites that previously had only been photographs, was an inspiring opportunity.

Welcome Andy - Primitivus - 06-11-2007

Glad to have you aboard... but I do have to confess that your allegiance to (or identification with?) Nero leaves me a bit concerned about your state of mind... Smile

Welcome Sonic - Primitivus - 06-11-2007

Quote:I always answer to the nickname I got in University, which is Sonic, but my real name's Ian (Hughes).
It's nice to have a nickname that one appreciates. Just last night I met a pilot whose "handle" is "Not So." Didn't make sense until I found out his last name is "Quick." Not very nice of his friends if you ask me.

Re: Welcome Andy - Lucius Domitius - 06-11-2007

Quote:Glad to have you aboard... but I do have to confess that your allegiance to (or identification with?) Nero leaves me a bit concerned about your state of mind... Smile
No worries, I get that alot Tongue
I'm harmless though.. Just don't cross me :twisted:

joking joking

Better him than Caligula, though.

Re: New recruits - Demetrios Vlattera - 06-11-2007

Hello!
My real name is Franck but my nickname is Demetrios Vlattera.
I was in a late roman empire living history group.
Currently, I am member of "Tagma de byzance", a paléologian group, in France.
I speak badly English but I will try to speak with you on this interesting forum.
In a friendly way.

D.Vlattera, protallagator of the byzantine court. :wink:

Welcome Franck - Primitivus - 06-11-2007

Quote:I am member of "Tagma de byzance", a paléologian group, in France.
A fascinating period. Some of the experts here are quite familiar with that epoch as well. I know you'll enjoy the friends you make here at RAT.

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 06-11-2007

Quote:Hello!
My real name is Franck but my nickname is Demetrios Vlattera.
I was in a late roman empire living history group.

Hi Franck, welcome to the forum.

Might that Late Roman group have been.. the Foederati? :wink:

Re: New recruits - Demetrios Vlattera - 06-12-2007

Exact, Valérius! :wink: