RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

alas, Virginia - richsc - 06-12-2007

Quote: bit suprised to see someone active here from Virginia

That reminds me of years ago (1977 or so) when the first professional bicycle race was running in Virginia. An older couple from New York City were overheard to say "we can't believe anything this good is organized by Virginia!"
There are actually a good number of us in Virginia, and probably would be more as the word gets out.

Re: New recruits - Claudius Hinricus - 06-15-2007

Salve,

my name is Klaus from Frankfurt, Germany. I’m working in the IT industry.

My main interest are 1/72 figures, especially the roman army and their enemies. I like to paint figures and I have attempted to create tin figures by my own.

I like to go on with creating figures, therefore I hope to get information here.

Greetings,
Klaus

Re: New recruits - Lucius Domitius - 06-15-2007

Salve Klaus

I professionally paint miniatures for Games Workshop and Citadel games. Though i've done more fantasy than historical, if it is expertise you seek I may be able to assist

Welcome Klaus - Primitivus - 06-18-2007

Quote:I like to go on with creating figures, therefore I hope to get information here.
You will certainly find a wealth of information here to ensure that your figures are as historically accurate as possible.

Re: New recruits - L·MINICIVS·SCEPTIVS - 06-18-2007

Greetings from Hispania; I'm a new member who have been reading some of the forums here, and I decided finally to join. My name is David P. Sandoval, from Madrid (Spain) and I'm member of the Legio VIIII Hispana, and president of the Association we have (Hispania Romana). 30 years old, very interested in Ancient History, specifically republican Rome, and an employee for the State in my spare time. Wink

Before posting again I want to reed more, because there is a lot of information. Frankly, I believe this is one of the most interesting forums I've ever found...

Saludos desde la ciudad de las siete estrellas. Wink

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 06-18-2007

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum!

What do you mean 30 years old? That's (nearly) 13 years younger than me!! :wink:

Re: New recruits - Claudius Hinricus - 06-18-2007

Thanks for the warm welcome, Smile

I will post some of my work in the Moddeling/Gaming Section in the near futur.

Regards,
Klaus

Re: New recruits - Iceman - 06-18-2007

Hi All

Brand new to the site so go easy on me please. :oops:

Seriously, my names Ian and I'm from Widnes, Cheshire, UK and recently joined the X Coh. Leg XX v.v. "Deva Victrix" based in Chester, UK and have been invited on here by the guys (Marcus Caecilius Avitus & Gaius Flavius Longinus.)

Looking forward to interacting whenever I can, so like I said, go easy on me. :lol:

Re: New recruits - Marcus Caecilius Avitus - 06-18-2007

Hi Bud,

Welcome. Don't forget to get to put your real monicker in your signature. & enjoy Big Grin

new recruits - brennivs - tony drake - 06-18-2007

Wellcome Iceman will you be at Chester event at the end of the month if so see you there ,enjoy the forum Big Grin D
Regards Brennivs LEGIO VII CLAVDIA Big Grin

Re: new recruits - Iceman - 06-18-2007

Quote:Wellcome Iceman will you be at Chester event at the end of the month if so see you there ,enjoy the forum Big Grin D
Regards Brennivs LEGIO VII CLAVDIA Big Grin

Sad Unfortunately, due to prior arrangements made about a year ago I won't be there but I will definitely be there for the National Archaelogical weekend (14/15 July 07).

Welcome David - Primitivus - 06-19-2007

Quote:...and an employee for the State in my spare time. Wink
I believe you speak for many of us... as relates to our necessary income-generating ventures. Smile

Salvete! - C.Armiger - 06-20-2007

Here goes with first posting. This is my first venture into the world of forums, er sorry, fora. It only seems right that the Roman Army should have its own.

Pompous version: As a former diplomat and, within that profession, an expounder of the principles of efficiency, the organisation and development of the Roman army and its constituent elements has long been a source of interest and inspiration.

Less pompous version: I have been interested in military history since I was in my teens. Ancient warfare and the organisation and logistics involved is a fascinating subject - and one which I find from this forum to be of great interest to manay many others. I hope to be able to learn a lot and contribute a little.

Regards,

[size=150:44gx36e5]C. Armiger[/size]

Re: New recruits - Titus Flaminius - 06-20-2007

Salvete!

I'm new to this platform and want to tell some about myself. My real name ist Steffen, I am from Hamburg, Germany and right now I'm a pupile. Because of that I am not a native speaker so excuse me, if my phrases are a bit out of the school book.

In december 2006 I joined the Legio XXI Rapax, a group of legionaries in Hamburg. I'm very new to the scene and just have to come into the whole thing. So also excuse me if my knowledge is not that funded.

See you,
Titus

Re: New recruits - Primvs Pavlvs - 06-20-2007

Quote:Salvete!

I'm new to this platform and want to tell some about myself. My real name ist Steffen, I am from Hamburg, Germany and right now I'm a pupile. Because of that I am not a native speaker so excuse me, if my phrases are a bit out of the school book.

In december 2006 I joined the Legio XXI Rapax, a group of legionaries in Hamburg. I'm very new to the scene and just have to come into the whole thing. So also excuse me if my knowledge is not that funded.

See you,
Titus

Willkommen Titus!

Deine Englisch ist sehr gut!