RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Metellus - 06-28-2007

Salve @ all commilitones! I'm Christian from Duesseldorf near Cologne, Germany. Studying historical sciences, i registered here as am member of the LEG VI VIC (www.roemercohorte.de)

In germany we use to call the different reeanactment-groups by the name of ther home-city, so i'm one of the OPLADENERs :lol:

new recruits - brennivs - tony drake - 06-28-2007

Salve Metellvs wellcome to the forum Big Grin D
Regards Brennivs LEG VII CLAVDIA Big Grin

Welcome Christian - Primitivus - 06-29-2007

Nice to see another reenactor joining the community. I don't happen to be one myself, but I do appreciate the dedication required... and the contribution you all make to expanding the public's appreciation of the Roman military.

Re: New recruits - dcooper - 06-29-2007

Hello Everyone,
I'm DiAnne. I am a sculptor and I love history. I have been collecting Roman, Greek and Egyptian antiquities for some time. I have been commissioned to create custom one of a kind helmets and Historical figures, such as King Leonidas of Sparta. Here are some examples of my work. I would like to come to the forum to get ideas and historical information from time to time.
I don't have a cool Roman name, maybe someone can help me figure one out.
Cheers!
[Image: helm1-1.jpg]

[Image: RM4reduced.jpg]
[Image: L1.jpg]
[/img]

Re: New recruits - Et tu brute - 06-29-2007

Hi, welcome to the forums, those are some nice pieces you have there Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Gaius Julius Caesar - 06-29-2007

Welcome to the forum! Hard to believe some one could make the infamous trooper helm look desireable! :lol: :lol: Obviously a lady of talent! The good people on here will definately help you on the right track!

Re: New recruits - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 06-29-2007

Salvete,

I'm new here and I've been interested in roman history for long. Earlier I did some painting of ancient miniature figures and modelled dioramas. But with time interest grew and by now I've decided together with two friends to become legionaries (at least for some time) ;-) ) ... Our objective is to participate in the reenactment of the Varian disaster in 2009 in Kalkriese. Currently I'm working on my scutum and pilum.

Valete

Re: New recruits - Gaius Julius Caesar - 06-30-2007

Welcome to forum Carsten! I hope you are all done by then! Plenty of people on here to help you out! I am dreaming of getting to that too!

Welcome DiAnne - Primitivus - 07-01-2007

Quote:Hello Everyone,
I'm DiAnne. I am a sculptor and I love history.
Beautiful work!

Welcome Carsten - Primitivus - 07-01-2007

Quote:Our objective is to participate in the reenactment of the Varian disaster in 2009 in Kalkriese.
A fascinating and historic event... but not one of Rome's greatest achievements. Perhaps you'll be inspired to recreate one of her victories in the future! Smile

Re: New recruits - dcooper - 07-02-2007

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm very happy to have found a place where I can share my love of Rome and the ancient world. Big Grin
Everyone here seems to be very knowlegable and helpful.

Re: Welcome Carsten - Olaf - 07-02-2007

Quote:
Tiberius Clodius Corvinus:1iuxbrme Wrote:Our objective is to participate in the reenactment of the Varian disaster in 2009 in Kalkriese.
A fascinating and historic event... but not one of Rome's greatest achievements. Perhaps you'll be inspired to recreate one of her victories in the future! Smile

Big Grin Your are absolutely right, but it seems those victories do not have as much public appeal as the disasters...
In 2009 the Varian disaster will be commemorated with a lot of events here in Germany.
This year they told us that the biannual weekend event in Kalkriese is planned to last a whole week 2009.
Also Augustdorf (another town claimnig to be near the site of the historic battle) is already holding an event each year and is planning something special for 2009

@Carsten: If you realy want to be part of the 2009 Kalkriese Römertage then your best bet is to find a reenactment group close to you that is planing to attend that event and apply for membership.

Re: New recruits - Caracalla - 07-02-2007

Justed wanted to say "hello".

I'm Evy (Eve in english) and I'm 28 years old.

I'm interested in ancient history in general, so it was a normal choice to sign up here.

As a living, I have my own beauty-center.

Bye :wink: ,

Re: New recruits - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 07-02-2007

Thanks for the nice welcome everybody and ...

Quote:Primitivus wrote:
Tiberius Clodius Corvinus wrote:
Our objective is to participate in the reenactment of the Varian disaster in 2009 in Kalkriese.

A fascinating and historic event... but not one of Rome's greatest achievements. Perhaps you'll be inspired to recreate one of her victories in the future!
Quote: Olaf wrote:
Your are absolutely right, but it seems those victories do not have as much public appeal as the disasters...

Well Robert recreating victories is fine as well - but totally agree with Olaf ;-) ) ...

... and as I have only little time besides studying, I'll have to concentrate on the top-event first.

Quote:If you realy want to be part of the 2009 Kalkriese Römertage then your best bet is to find a reenactment group close to you that is planing to attend that event and apply for membership.

@Olaf: I will think about it, but I can't say for sure, whether we'll be there. So joining a established group would mean a lot responsibility.

Welcome Evy - Primitivus - 07-03-2007

Quote:As a living, I have my own beauty-center.
Ever thought about offering some Roman coiffures? Smile