RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Renius - 08-19-2007

Welcome Rod,
Please remember us simple foot soldiers during battle and enjoy your stay.

Renius/Greg German

Re: New recruits - Et tu brute - 08-20-2007

Hi Rod, welcome to the forums! I'm learning roman riding at the moment with Comitatus ( www.comitatus.net ) there's some great stuff on the website about the riding. I do archery seperately at the moment, but i'm hoping to combine the two at some point.

Re: New recruits - Sagittarii - 08-20-2007

Thanks for the welcome guys Big Grin

Thanks for the link Dave, I am heading straight over for a look.

Hey, only 13 and you are into this already. Well done. I didn't start to learn to ride until I was 18. I learnt to ride for the sole purpose of becoming a jouster and it just went from there. We have 17 horses now, breed our own warhorses and have a core team of 6 horses that are trained for everything from horse archery to jousting to shooting blackpowder guns off of.

You have a long hard road in front of you, but it will be one of the best experiences of your life. Enjoy.

That sounds like you have a great setup over there, i've been riding for about 4 years now, but I only got intrested in re-enactment and leaning to ride in traditional styles earlier this year and I certainly think i'm going to love it. Firng black powder weapons from horseback sounds very intresting, it must be hard to get the horses used to noise and smoke etc. and not to spook ! Big Grin

Thats a great website you have by the way, the jousting's very impressive!

Re: New recruits - Titvs Statilivs Castvs - 08-21-2007

Friends, Romans, ...others... :?
Hi, I'm Sandrus. I live in Belgium, Oost-Vlaanderen. Since I was 9(?) years old I became interested in the Classical Ages, particullary Rome and Hellas. Now I'm interested in everything about History, Romans, Celts, Greeks, The Middle Ages, and so on.
I'm a student, 4th year (I'm 14) Latin.

Also, I'm love playing games on PC. And, as you can guess, historical games (strategy), such as Rome: Total War (+ 2 expansions), Medieval: Total War (+expansion), Medieval II: Total War, Stronghold Crusader, Age of Mythology, Anno 1602,...

I hope I can get some more knowledge and wisdom about the Roman Army. Strength and Honour!

(I also have a forum, a gameforum, focussing on Strategy. I see the ranks here are almost the same. Tongue )

Re: New recruits - Marcus Mummius - 08-21-2007

Welkom Sandrus! Binnenkort nemen de belgen RAT over :twisted:

Please put your real name in your signature. It's a forum rule.

Vale,
Jef

Zo mag ik het horen.

My name is there. I was busy with doing it while you posted that message. Tongue
Vale,
Sandrus

Re: New recruits - Marcus Mummius - 08-21-2007

Quote:Zo mag ik het horen.

My name is there. I was busy with doing it while you posted that message. Tongue
Vale,
Sandrus

Great! I send you a PM by the way.

Vale,

Re: New recruits - Lucius Poblius - 08-21-2007

Welcome to the RAT Sander. If you enjoy it half as much as I do you'll have a great time here Smile

Hahaha! Then I hope I'll enjoy it here twice as you do.

Re: New recruits - Ludens - 08-21-2007

Quote:Friends, Romans, ...others... :?
Hi, I'm Sandrus. I live in Belgium, Oost-Vlaanderen. Since I was 9(?) years old I became interested in the Classical Ages, particullary Rome and Hellas. Now I'm interested in everything about History, Romans, Celts, Greeks, The Middle Ages, and so on.
I'm a student, 4th year (I'm 14) Latin.

Also, I'm love playing games on PC. And, as you can guess, historical games (strategy), such as Rome: Total War (+ 2 expansions), Medieval: Total War (+expansion), Medieval II: Total War, Stronghold Crusader, Age of Mythology, Anno 1602,...

I hope I can get some more knowledge and wisdom about the Roman Army. Strength and Honour!

(I also have a forum, a gameforum, focussing on Strategy. I see the ranks here are almost the same. Tongue )

Salve Sandrus,

welcome on board! it's great to see new enthousiast here. Especially if they're also from Belgium.
Maybe see you on one of the events we go to with Legio XI (I'm in the same re-enactment group as Marcus Mummius)?

Vale,

Iorus

Re: New recruits - Titus Aetius - 08-21-2007

With all those Belgians in this topic, my answer can't be lacking... :-D D
So welcome to the forum (although I'm a newbie as well...)!

Greetings,

Re: New recruits - Et tu brute - 08-21-2007

Hi, welcome to the forum, as others have said, i'm sure you'll really like it here, it's a great forum, the best i've found, with lots of great and friendly people Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Ludens - 08-21-2007

Quote:With all those Belgians in this topic, my answer can't be lacking... :-D D
So welcome to the forum (although I'm a newbie as well...)!

Greetings,

Looks like after the Romans took over Belgica, the Belgae now trying to take over RAT :wink:

'Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae, propterea quod a cultu atque humanitate provinciae longissime absunt, minimeque ad eos mercatores saepe commeant atque ea quae ad effeminandos animos pertinent important, proximique sunt Germanis, qui trans Rhenum incolunt, quibuscum continenter bellum gerunt.'

"Commentarii de Bello Gallico" by Gaius Iulius Caesar.

But most Belgians just want to remember the part of being the bravest of all Gauls and forget the part of being uncivilised :wink: