RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Titvs Statilivs Castvs - 08-25-2007

I see there don't exist rules for dubbleposting? :lol:

Re: New recruits - I. Porsenna - 08-27-2007

Hey everyone, or should I say Salve? Smile

I'm Josh and I just joined up here. I discovered RAT while I was surfing the web for some good pictures of Attic helmets. Real ones, not those hokey Hollywood ones that look so silly.

When I saw that some of my friends from Wildfire Games were over here I just had to sign up. After all Paul has such good tastes in boards. Heheh.

I first became interested in Roman history back when I was little, I saw a Roman legionary on TV and I have been interested ever since. Though at the time dinosaurs were the true area of my interest.

I hope that I have alot of fun, and learn much here.

Vale,
Porsenna

Re: New recruits - maius - 08-27-2007

Welcome Joshua to the RAT Forum. I'm sure you will have fun, and i know there are many things you can here. Smile

Maius/Bill

Re: New recruits - Thorkil - 08-28-2007

Hello everybody!
Thorkil from Poland, here. My real name is Grzegorz Kulig. I am armourer and craftsman. I was told about this great site and forum by Chuck Russel, when I was asking for some advices on myarmoury forum while making archer's helmets. I think I will be reading more than writing, as I am very busy man. I think I will learn a lot here, as my knowledge about Ancient armours isn't as good as I wish and you Guys seem to have great knowledge in this subject. One more thing makes me happy - you are demanding and watching at details in replicas of helmets. We are similar in this case, as I am a bit "fanatic" in replicating armours with every detail. So I have hope for interesting discussions about helmets.

Please, be tolerant to my English. Wink

Best regards from Poland,
Thorkil.

Re: New recruits - maius - 08-28-2007

Grzegorz, let me be the first to welcome you to RAT. I just looked at your website, you do great work!

You are right, there are lots of knowledgable people here, (not me tho, i'm still learning Smile ). So enjoy your stay here.

Also no need to apologize for your English, you write very well. Big Grin

Maius/Bill

Re: New recruits - Thorkil - 08-29-2007

Thank you, Bill, for kind words! Smile

Re: New recruits - Lochinvar - 08-31-2007

Welcome Thorkil. Big Grin I reckon you can be proud of your English.

Re: New recruits - Caballo - 08-31-2007

Welcome Thorkil- email sent and reply already received from Gracjana.

Cheers

Caballo

Re: New recruits - Virilis - 08-31-2007

Welcome Grzegorz! Some great products you have there on your web-pages. Hopefully you will also do some late roman stuff in the future :wink: ...

Re: New recruits - Thorkil - 08-31-2007

Thanks, Guys, for salutation.

Lochinvar - thanks, but admiration should be for my wife, who translates everything into English.

Virilis - thanks for compliments. I would also want very much to make some Roman helmets, as I prefer to make new things. But, I work on commision and now I don't have spare time for make a helmet for myself, just for satifaction, so I must wait for an interesting Roman order. Oh, sorry - I have an order for Celtic helmet, but it still is not a Roman stuff, at all. :wink: But, I can't complain, as most of orders I have now are very interesting and new stuff for me and some parts of my armouring dreams are comming true, now. Big Grin

Caballo - reply sent, either. Oh, and I see now that I have to write again. :wink:

Roman army - jc02005 - 09-02-2007

Hi my name is johnthan,
i am from sydney.
i am studying history thats why i am interested in rome
i am here to share what i know of roman army and rome :lol:

Re: New recruits - maius - 09-02-2007

Hi Johnathan, welcome to RAT! I hope you enjoy your time here. Smile

Maius/Bill

Re: New recruits - Lochinvar - 09-03-2007

Welcome Johnathan,

Top Tip: bin the soccer and concentrate on the rugby! :wink:

Re: Roman army - Robert Vermaat - 09-04-2007

Quote:Hi my name is johnthan,
i am from sydney.
i am studying history thats why i am interested in rome
i am here to share what i know of roman army and rome :lol:

We think that 'Johntan' is not exactly here to share what he knows.. :wink:

Re: New recruits - Titus Petronicus Graccus - 09-04-2007

I should log in too, despite the fact that I've already asked many questions. Sorry about that guys.
My name is Pedro Bedard and I live in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada.
I'm here because I've always loved Roman history and equipment.
I've done medieval and 18th century re-enactment and want to try to start a small Auxillia unit here in the city.
Hopefully you all won't get too tired of my questions.
Thanks for the great forum, so far I have nothing but high praise for the frendliness and humor of everyone here.
Great stuff.