RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Et tu brute - 09-25-2007

Hi there, welcome to RAT! As far as I know it's perfectly fine to put a link to your own website etc. in your signature. I'll be honest and say I haven't read your book, but i've looked it up and looks to be excellent, i'm sure i'll be getting it at some point! Hope you enjoy your time here Big Grin

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 09-25-2007

Welcome to the forum James!!

Re: New recruits - Caius Marius - 09-25-2007

Hello James and Welcome to RAT!

I too have yet to read your book but I can say that it is on my list of "must buy's". Smile

Re: New recruits - maius - 09-25-2007

Hi James, welcome to RAT.

I just checked out your website, great photos and very informative. I also purchased a copy of your book, "Soldier of Rome: The Legionary". I look forward to reading it. Smile

Again welcome!

Maius/Bill

Re: New recruits - Ioannis - 09-25-2007

James, welcome aboard! Smile

Re: New recruits - Sardaukar - 09-27-2007

Welcome James !!

Since I think there is too few fiction books (or non-fiction too) about Roman military, in my opinion, I'll look forward to aquire your book.

Currently about to finish Colleen McCullough monster series, so looking for new books...especially with Roman military aspect.

Re: New recruits - Ligustinus - 09-27-2007

Hi all

My name is Matt, and I am a 4th year chemistry Ph.D. candidate. I have a wife and son (guess which loves Rome and which doesn't!) who give me an excuse to leave my cave (lab) every now and then.

I have been interested in the ancient world for as long as I can remember. I mainly focus on Rome, in part because we have so much more documentation than for many other ancient civilizations.

I don't do any reenacting now, but when I am no longer constrained by a student's budget I would like to get involved somehow.

I have lurked on this board for quite a while and enjoy learning from all of you.

Re: New recruits - Et tu brute - 09-27-2007

Hi, welcome to RAT!

Re: New recruits - maius - 09-27-2007

Hi Matt, and welcome! Glad you decided to join the ranks of RAT.

Maius/Bill

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 09-28-2007

Welcome to RAT, Matt.

And in case you wondered, you're not alone - in fact I believe your name is the most popular on this forum.
Read this:
The Heart of the Matt-er

Popular name - Paullus Scipio - 09-28-2007

........and there was I thinking Pau/Paullus was the most popular name on the forum...hey wait.....maybe it is by now !! Smile D lol:

Re: New recruits - Ligustinus - 09-28-2007

Thanks for the welcome!

There are a lot of us, aren't there?

We were hoping you wouldn't notice so soon . :twisted:

Re: New recruits - Caius Marius - 10-01-2007

Hello Matt!

and welcome to the Forum!

Re: New recruits - Senovara - 10-04-2007

My goodness, there are a lot of Matts running around here ...

Greetings to all the new guys! (no new gals, though Sad )

James, I'm curious about your book but having trouble getting to your site. It says the site isn't there. I'll try again later.

Re: New recruits - Quintus Brutii - 10-06-2007

Hi I am a completly new member with absoulutly no experience on RAT! :oops: I was turned on to this site by my friend Dan Mohr. Here he is known as Dan M.

I am 12 years old and am from Illinois (pronounced "Illinoy") in the United States.

I am very interested in reenactment, and ancient Greek battle stratagies and I feel I could lead a force of 80 men into battle with the "Phalanx position" 8)