RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 10-06-2007

Hi Sean,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you'll have a good time here, ask whatever you wnat to ask.

Just one thing - please add your real name to your signature. It's a forum rule.

Re: New recruits - lucius Gellius cuniculus - 10-07-2007

Hello everybody ! I'm lucius Gellius cuniculus, mile from the french Legio VIII Augusta ! I'm engineer now , but I was archeologist in the past.
I'm speciallly interest by the flavian period, and all informations about impedimenta, and animals tractions !

Congratulation for this international forum!

Legio VIII Augusta (Fr) : www.leg8.com

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 10-07-2007

Hi Gellius cuniculus,

Welcome to the forum. Please add your real name to your signature, it's a forum rule.

Re: New recruits - Caius Marius - 10-08-2007

Ave Sean and Cuniculus, welcome to the RAT forum...

Introduction - Helveticus Palatinae - 10-08-2007

Hello everybody,
After only reading the last weeks, I now want to introduce myself. My name is Eckhard Deschler-Erb and i work at the university of Zurich in Switzerland.
I am much interested in military equipment and how it has been used. So I am looking forward diskussions in this interesting list.
Greetings, Helveticus Palatinae

Re: New recruits - Martin Moser - 10-08-2007

Hello and welcome, Eckhard!

Glad to have you here on the forum!

Now I know who and where to ask if I have any questions concerning the items of the Katalog der Militaria aus Vindonissa ;-) )

Introduction - Helveticus Palatinae - 10-08-2007

Dear Martin,
Thank you for your welcome. If you have questions about Vindonissa-equipment i will try to answer.
Greetings, Eckhard

Re: New recruits - caiusbeerquitius - 10-08-2007

Welcome!

Re: New recruits - Caius Marius - 10-09-2007

Ave and welcome Eckhard!

Re: New recruits - maius - 10-09-2007

Welcome Sean, Cuniculus, and Eckhard to the RAT forum. Smile

Maius/Bill

Re: New recruits - Senovara - 10-10-2007

Welcome welcome!! Big Grin

Greetings and feliciations - Ti.Horatius - 10-14-2007

Once more unto the breach...

Salvete Omnes

I hail from the Provincia Nova Brittania. I have been reenacting since 1995 in several periods. I have always been fascinated by the Roman Empire and recently found a Roman era unti in the vicinity and making the trip to this period was obvious.

I look forward to the interaction this site encourages.

Optime Valete!

Tirones - Paullus Scipio - 10-14-2007

Ave et Salute , Tiberius Horatius Barbatus!

Welcome to RAT and I hope you and all the other recent tirones will spend many happy hours here communing with like-minded people.....

Re: New recruits - Iagoba - 10-14-2007

Hi everybody!

I´m a 21 years old young technical student from as soon as I remember, interested in History, living in Vitoria-gasteiz, Spain, near Veleia and the mighty Cohors Prima Gallica, and thanks to them, also in reenactment and reconstruction.

Even the huge amount of books and museum visited, I´m still very muggle in a lot of aspects, you will be bombarded with lots of questions...with no mercy.:wink:

Thanks to my interests, I had learned a lot of English, and I´m just setting up after having stayed seven weeks in Dublin in job practice with a scholarship. Even that I thanked a lot that someone added a spelling check here! Big Grin

As I know the Veleia current archaeologists (Eliseo Gil and Idoia Filloy) since I was child, and every year we went there, I was offered to help them in the Ludi Veleienses, were I´ve been some years enjoying while I was explaining with full of (bloody/nasty) details the superb quirurgic equipment replicas of Roma Antiqva (Funny!) and sometimes carring the stand of their ballistas (well, heavier and not so funny!, well, digging a ditch in worse :lol: ).There I had known a lot of people I hope yo meet here (I know Aitor is here...).

Also, my fencing club, even that it´s a "olimpic" fencing club (we don´t go to competitions for laziness, but we have go to any Medieval market/ historical event/castle in 300 km around.), has been like a "apprentice reenactors" club. We started with medieval fencing (bastard or one hand and half sword) four years ago, and we also do rapier fencing (in Spanish, Ropera).Also I joined them in some LARP combats (over 60 people!), where I had the pleasure of being part of a shield wall.Also we are going to found the local Armoury´s Museum (the best of Spain after the Army´s and the Royal Armoury) friends association.

Well,as you can see, I´m in a lot of things, and now in one more!

PD:The fencing club´s name (Comilitium Sacrae Ensis) was chosen taking words from a Latin dictionary, trying being originals. The city´s other club is named Cega, standing for "Club Esgrima GAsteiz" (Gasteiz´s,-the name of the city in Basque-Fencing Club).That´s all, no hidden history, no Temple´s knight or conspiracies, only some curious people!

PDD: As soon as I can I´ll have as avatar a newest photo...that was with "foam and tape" armour bits... :roll:

Re: New recruits - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 10-15-2007

Hi, Iagoba

Happy to see you here! We have meeted sometimes in Ludi Veleienses...
Finally, you belongs to the "armoured" section of the group? You can post some pictures in the "show your impression" topic in "REENACMENT AND RECONSTRUCTION" forum.

Welcome!