RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - ROB_88 - 11-14-2007

Quote:Hi Rob_88, welcome to RAT!

could you please put your real (first) name in your signature - forum rules.

sorry, i forgot. it's taken care of now

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 11-14-2007

Thanks Robert.

Hello! - Gaius Titus - 11-17-2007

Hello to you all,
I am one of Europe's most northerly Roman soldiers, living in the north of Sweden, and about to set in motion a foriegn section of Cohors III Batavia. (I apologise for the possible faults in spelling and my general lack of knowledge of Latin! :lol: )
I very much look forward to conversing with as many of you as possible, an hope to gain some knowledge from being a part of this community.
Have the best day you can!

Re: Hello! - Robert Vermaat - 11-17-2007

Quote:(I apologise for the possible faults in spelling and my general lack of knowledge of Latin! :lol: )

Hi Adrian,

That's no problem. But you did not read the rules properly, because if you had you would have entered your real name into your signature. :wink: Please do so, it's a forum rule.

Re: New recruits - Vishtaspa - 11-18-2007

Saluete omnes!

For many months I have read, ejoyed and learned in this forum, so I am happy to be a member of it.

I´m a classical philologist and very interested in ancient history and reconstruction.

Best regards;

ualete!

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 11-18-2007

Welcome to the forum Inyigo.

Hello - Caius Victricius Verus - 11-19-2007

Salve! I have been reading this forum for over a year now, and finally got around to registering. This is by far one of the best resources for roman military history on the web. It's good to make everyones acquaintance!

Right now i'm stationed in Gaul, awaiting orders by the impero to send us south into Rome against Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus. I was levied last year from the city of Mediolanium into Caesars III legion, along with many of my kinsmen from various small towns on the borders with Gaul. The fighting has been long and hard here in Gaul, but now we have turned our heads south and soon we will swim in the blood of traitors to Rome!

Auxilia Caius Victricius Verus
Leg III Gallica of Gaius Julius Caesar

Re: New recruits - Lochinvar - 11-20-2007

Hail to the new lads!
Hey Noel, what's got into you Mate? If you rush around like that you'll do yourself some mischief. Chill, Dude 8)

Re: New recruits - Menno Oosting - 11-22-2007

Ave RAT's,

I've just joined the RAT.

After a trip to Bignor and Bath the Romans never left my head, they’re still in there. A few years ago I could not ignore them anymore so I became a Roman reenactor in 2004.

And now the next step joining RAT.

Salvé Oceanvs

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 11-22-2007

Quote:And now the next step joining RAT.
WELL ABOUT BLOODY TIME! Big Grin
Does that mean your provider troubles are over? :wink:

Re: New recruits - Menno Oosting - 11-22-2007

I am sorry Robert. :oops:

You had to wait for a long time.

And still spending a lot of my time for the good of Roman reenactment.
We've been busy this year with our new group, but all is going well.

I hope to see you soon somewhere...

Re: New recruits - jvrjenivs - 11-23-2007

Welcome on RAT, menno! Good to see more PAX members here.

Re: New recruits - The Purple People Eater - 11-25-2007

Let's see..this being my first post around here, I figured I'd hit this topic. I'm normally not one to write an introduction, I normally just go straight to the asking. Tongue Anyway, here goes.

I'm from all over.. born in the Philippines, lived in Virginia, Belgium and currently residing in northern California. I've always had interest in the Greco-Roman architecture, ever since I was in elementary school, but I admit I'm pretty limited when it comes to knowledge.

I'm here to get professional advice on various game modifications and additions. I'm a texture artist for the 0 A.D. RTS project that I'm sure Michael has spammed all over this place. Wink I'm also the founder of a modification team for Age of Mythology

I'm currently in high school, but I'd love it if I could fit in a Roman history course when I get to college.

welcome aboard - Caius Fabius - 11-25-2007

make sure you read the rules for posting and get your signature block.

Thank you

Re: New recruits - The Purple People Eater - 11-25-2007

I apologize for not complying with the rules, but I had been over the rules a few times prior to creating my profile and I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I included my real name and an alias, and I linked to something I am a part of, so unless there is an unwritten rule about bold text or off-site linking, I'm not sure where I've gone wrong.