RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 12-18-2007

Hi David, welcome Big Grin

Re: New recruits - muskitear - 12-20-2007

Been getting up the courage to do this since I was in the Diehards at Kirby Hall. After seeing ESG. Read loads over the years but have only just started to get the kit together..Thanks to Leg II Aug (in Pompey) for tips earlier this year. Its a minefield out there buying correct kit if you are entering into a new period and certain traders should beware!!! Ive learned a lot lately... :evil:

Mike Carroll.

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 12-21-2007

Hi Michael,

Welcome to RAT.
Would you please add your real name to your signature? It's a forum rule.

SIMON SCARROW BOOKS - muskitear - 12-21-2007

Probably a silly question but what are the next books after Under The Eagle, Eagles Conquest and The Eagle Hunts?

Mike Carroll

Re: SIMON SCARROW BOOKS - jvrjenivs - 12-21-2007

Quote:Probably a silly question but what are the next books after Under The Eagle, Eagles Conquest and The Eagle Hunts?

I don't get your question. There're many books on ancient history published every month.

Re: SIMON SCARROW BOOKS - muskitear - 12-21-2007

Quote:
muskitear:3oxj7a18 Wrote:Probably a silly question but what are the next books after Under The Eagle, Eagles Conquest and The Eagle Hunts?

I don't get your question. There're many books on ancient history published every month.[/quote

ahem......Simon Scarrow...Author....as in post subject above :roll:

Mike Carroll

Re: New recruits - Caballo - 12-21-2007

Andy wrote "Hello Paul
Thanks for that,are you a member of any re-enactment groups/do you know of any in surrey. " Sadly none in Surrey that I know of in this period. I'm a member of the RMRS, and have also attended a couple of the Colchester Romans events- both really good sets of people. Our optio also lives in Surrey.
Links to the RMRS below.
Cheers

Re: New recruits - Alexander Polemos - 12-22-2007

Greetings!
actually, im more interested in Greece, but rome is quite similar. and byzantium. So im here!

I myself could be considered a reenactor, but im more about the SCA...which is actual combat using less than lethal weaponry. I consider myself a self-educator, learning what i can when i get to it.

Re: SIMON SCARROW BOOKS - maius - 01-02-2008

Quote:Probably a silly question but what are the next books after Under The Eagle, Eagles Conquest and The Eagle Hunts?

Mike Carroll

Hi Mike, the next four books in the Eagle Series after "When the Eagle Hunts" are "The Eagle and the Wolves," The Eagle's Prey", "The Eagle's Prophecy" and the newest, "The Eagle in the Sand. Hope this helps.

Welcome to RAT! Smile

Maius/Bill

Re: SIMON SCARROW BOOKS - muskitear - 01-02-2008

Quote:
muskitear:1iuy8b3f Wrote:Probably a silly question but what are the next books after Under The Eagle, Eagles Conquest and The Eagle Hunts?

Mike Carroll

Hi Mike, the next four books in the Eagle Series after "When the Eagle Hunts" are "The Eagle and the Wolves," The Eagle's Prey", "The Eagle's Prophecy" and the newest, "The Eagle in the Sand. Hope this helps.

Welcome to RAT! Smile

Maius/Bill
Thanks Bill. Have managed to find Wolves. Prey and Prophecy which I cant read yet because my pal has not yet shifted his ass into the the roof space to get 'em. Hope to have them by the weekend. I am reading Eagle in the Sand at the moment. Found that in a charity shop £2. Big Grin

Re: New recruits - maius - 01-02-2008

Your welcome Mike.

I've finished all the earlier books in the series and am currently reading The Eagle in the Sand.

They were kinda hard to find, got them all through Amazon except Eagle in the Sand, which i had to get from a book dealer in England! :?

I hope the series continues.

Maius/Bill

completely new - vergilius - 01-03-2008

Hello Romans, citizens, friends !

I'm the latest newby so fire your questions if you have any. I'll be sending a lot of them in the coming years. Big Grin

Re: New recruits - maius - 01-03-2008

Greetings vergilius! Welcome to the RAT forum. Smile

Maius/Bill

Re: New recruits - jvrjenivs - 01-03-2008

Vergilius, what's your real name? Are you recearching on ancient history, or doing re-enactment?

New Guy - Brian Luscombe - 01-03-2008

Hello everyone,

I live in Barrie, Ontario and I am a history buff. I like the Roman period because it has depth and they were everywhere!

Brian Luscombe