RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - deprosagios - 01-14-2008

Hello everybody!

I am Grégory, from France
I have been interested in History since I know what it is ;-) ) Roman period is one of the bests in my mind
I joined here to share experience (for the time, I guess I will have more to take than to give, but it will change with time)
I have been creating a re-enactment group in Paris, apart from that, I work in web development

See you soon!

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 01-14-2008

Hi and welcome Gregory!

I used to hate history at school (all Henry VIII and industrial revolutions zzzzz) so you have a head start on me!

Re: New recruits - Titus Aetius - 01-15-2008

Quote:industrial revolutions zzzzz

Likewise here! Constantly jabbering and nagging (trying to find a proper translation) about economical and social changes, but not a single lesson about military aspects :evil:

Greetings,

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 01-15-2008

Quote:
Quote:industrial revolutions zzzzz

Likewise here! Constantly jabbering and nagging (trying to find a proper translation)

That describes my old history teacher very well Big Grin

Re: New recruits - brennivs - tony drake - 01-15-2008

Welcome Brian nice to see you get out of your shed now and again :lol:
Regards Brennivs Big Grin lol:

Re: New recruits - horrormike - 01-16-2008

I only recently started my interest in Roman history, in tracing my roots back to northern Iberia I learned about the conflict with the Romans and from there I started to read. Really interesting stuff, and picking up a copy of Rome Total War has definitely helped!

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 01-16-2008

Welcome to RAT Mike.

Re: New recruits - vergilius - 01-16-2008

Welcome
As you say it's very interesting and there's plenty to read and visit!

Re: New recruits - Lucius Galerius Falconius - 01-17-2008

Ave! I'm Nick, from PA, USA.
I'm a student and just love Roman history!
I joined to learn and share my ideas!

Re: New recruits - searcher - 01-17-2008

Hello to everybody,
I am new at this forum and would like to introduce myself to you: I am Volker, I am from Germany and student of archaeology (archaeology ot the roman provinces) with a special interests in any aspects of roman military (especially the historical development of forts, late ancient forts).
From what I have seen so far this is an excellent forum and I think I will enjoy it very much.

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 01-17-2008

Hi Folkert,

Welcome to RAT and don't forget to enter your real name into your signature. It's a forum rule.

Re: New recruits - Renius - 01-18-2008

Willkommen Volker, I hope you enjoy your time here on RAT. I have a friend named Volker who lives in Lohne, so its nice to have another Volker to chat to.

Salve - Eadseig - 01-19-2008

Hi,
decided I'd better stop lurking in the shadows and sign up so I can get involved in the entertaining debates you have. I've been a fan of Rome for years, I only decided to actually do something (when I joined the very agreeable folk in The Vicus) at the end of last season.

Valete

Eadseig

Re: New recruits - Hanoeman - 01-20-2008

Hi there,
I'm a history student on the university of Nijmegen, the Netherlands. I've always been a fan of history, especially ancient history. Though I like most subjects related to ancient times, warfare would be my favorite one. I got to this site through Jasper's blog on ancient-warfare.com. I got myself a subscription a couple of weeks ago after noticing an ad in a dutch history magazine. I love reading Ancient Warfare and I'm sure I'm going to love this site as well.

Re: New recruits - Libitina - 01-20-2008

Welcome Neil and Hanoeman!