RomanArmyTalk
Re-enactment survey - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Re-enactment survey (/showthread.php?tid=10293)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re-enactment survey - gigus - 08-27-2007

Greetings to all!
Though I'm a new member, I immediately start with a request! Let me begin with a short explanation first: I’m a member of a roman-group myself (Leg. III ital. ant.) and very engaged in Re-enactment. Due to this circumstance I’m writing a dissertation in comparative-cultural-studies and therefore created a survey. It only takes some minutes of your time filling in the questionnaire but would help me very much. I would ask you to answer honestly to every question, because the information will strictly be kept in confidence and analyzed anonymous. My survey ends on Sept. 15Th.
It's a serious thing and the i-net platform is hosted by the university of regensburg. When i have finished i will post a link where you can read the results of my dissertation if you want.

Here are the links:

English version:

[url:1fo7fba3]http://www-alab.uni-r.de/umfragen/index.php?sid=95167&newtest=Y&lang=en[/url]

German version:

[url:1fo7fba3]http://www-alab.uni-r.de/umfragen/index.php?sid=95167&newtest=Y&lang=de[/url]

Thanks at all for your help!!!

Christian Schultes

Re: Re-enactment survey - Tarbicus - 08-27-2007

I think this question isn't clear at all.

What do you think of this statement in a TV-report: „Due to the retro-movement, values should be evoked like longevity, functionality, impassivity and quality“.

I don't understand what you mean by 'retro-movement' or 'values should be evoked'?

Re: Re-enactment survey - SOCL - 08-27-2007

I took your survey, Christian. I answered no accidentally to the photos part. If you'd like some photos of the reenactments I've been to, PM me and I can send you some (because I have MANY!). Smile

Also, you can't finish the survey if you have no patner, brothers or sisters :? roll: You need to change that, or waste some people's time.

Re: Re-enactment survey - Publius Aelius Lucius - 08-27-2007

Quote:Also, you can't finish the survey if you have no patner, brothers or sisters
imaginary persons :wink: do as if they would exist :mrgreen:

Re: Re-enactment survey - SOCL - 08-27-2007

Quote:Also, you can't finish the survey if you have no patner, brothers or sisters :? roll: You need to change that, or waste some people's time.
I just counted my fellow reenactors as "brothers". :roll:

Quote:I just counted my fellow reenactors as "brothers". :roll:

Yup; Legionaries as brothers, Batavi as sisters.

:wink:

Re: Re-enactment survey - Martin Wallgren - 08-27-2007

Whhaaaaat did that puny little legionary just say!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Re: Re-enactment survey - gigus - 08-27-2007

Thank you all! You' ve been really fast Big Grin

Retro- Movement: Like retro-design. All that stuff that's produced with new technology nowadays but looks like yesterday. Clothing, furniture, etc.
The TV-report stated, that the industry wants to implicate norms and values in their products and therefore use these elder designs.

Sorry, for some problems. I've marked some questions as necessary, that you have to fill in. It's a matter of the program that you cannot go on. But thanks a lot for your responses. I've just changed the settings and it it should work very well now. The program as well is a test of the university to provide the bachelor of arts a platform for their surveys. I'm the guinea pig, if this works :? wink: and I really hope it will, otherwise I've to study till I'm 80. And which company would employ me than :lol:

Re: Re-enactment survey - Cornelius Quintus - 08-27-2007

Quote:I think this question isn't clear at all.

What do you think of this statement in a TV-report: „Due to the retro-movement, values should be evoked like longevity, functionality, impassivity and quality“.

I don't understand what you mean by 'retro-movement' or 'values should be evoked'?

Ave Jim,

the German version of that very question rather means ‘to convey the ideals of’ than ‘evoke’. Christian already explained the term ‘Retro-movement’. (Which still reminds me of the retro-rockets in the classic pc-game ‘Elite’….)

The whole bunch of questions sounds to me a little bit like:

‘Are modern people fleeing into a ‘better’ would-be past, due to personal frustration in their modern job or society, and because in such a kind of role-playing they easily can change their status, lifestyle and morality (which can be very different from today’s democratic standards and political correctness) ?’ :wink:

Cheers

Heiko

Re: Re-enactment survey - Marcus Mummius - 08-27-2007

Filled in you inquiry :wink:

Re: Re-enactment survey - gigus - 08-27-2007

On the one hand I'm glad that you discuss my topic, but on the other hand I didn't give any Information for the specific title of my dissertation nor did I poste my hypotheses. That's because of a certain reason: I do not want to influence any answers you might give. Otherwise the survey doesn't pay and my dissertation is useless. It's clear and of course everyone who reads the questions will reflect about the purpose they have and what the author is intending to do with them. But please, don't post your opinion about the intended results, because this will influence others as well.
The items you (Cornelius Quintus) mentioned above have a very private and sensible connotation and you stated them in a very negative way. It's not the subject of cultural studies to difame or judge people but to find out about their motivations.
Thanks to all, who already filled in the survey!

Yours, Christian

Re: Re-enactment survey - Robert Vermaat - 08-27-2007

Christian,

I have some questions and remarks:

"If you have to evaluate your working atmosphere", is 1 good or bad? I assumed 1 was very good and 6 very bad.

"The country you are living in, is it a democratical one and the public opinion is respected?" I'd say never ask two question where only one answer is allowed. That's confusing because one can agree with one and disagree with the other question.

"We are living in the era of Globalisation. " What does this have to do with re-enactment? Maybe you should have specified more here - globalisation and re-enactmnet would have been better.

What did you mean by 'clarity' in the questions about the past being better or worse?

"Approximately, how much money do you spend in Re-enactment per year? "I think this is an inappropriate question. Phone-terrorists who ask me such questions always get the same answer from me - none of your business.

"Where would you locate yourself in the hierarchy?" does not allow for other situations, where giving and taking orders are posssible, or when more democratic situations apply.

"What do you think about the statement that Re-enactment imparts history?" I interpreted this question as re-enactment supporting education of the past.

"Are there any photographs of you in your re-enactment role? Would you send one or two pictures to my email-" Another double question. yes they exist, Yes I could send you some, but my website is loaded with them too. www.fectio.org.uk/

Re: Re-enactment survey - Robert Vermaat - 08-27-2007

Quote:
SOCL:u56w63gu Wrote:I just counted my fellow reenactors as "brothers". :roll:
Yup; Legionaries as brothers, Batavii as sisters.

Batavii?

S. batavus, pl. Batavi. :wink:

Quote:S. batavus, pl. Batavi. :wink:
That's what I said :wink:
Quote:Whhaaaaat did that puny little legionary just say!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Uh oh, Martin's gonna scratch my eyes out when he sees me.